jimi page Posted December 2, 2019 Posted December 2, 2019 Fairly rare Sunburst in natural with crowns. One piece neck, so early 79. Probably the most resonant guitar I've ever played. Plenty of wear at 41 years but plays and sounds great. New frets, new nut and period correct replacement bridge pickup. SOLD Thanks
ARM OF HAMER Posted December 2, 2019 Posted December 2, 2019 VERY NICE! I owned 2 1979 Sunbursts, one had a one piece neck the other three, great guitars. VERY cool.!............... I think they are Hamer's best guitar model and this one sure is beautiful! B&C'd Natural finish, Grover "BULLSEYE" tuners, OHSC,all stock and refret correct? Price is reasonable IMHO. GLWTS BTW I shouldn't even ask but..............what is the neck profile like........... others will want to know........I don't need this, I don't need this...................I should not have looked! Looking at it closer now I believe I may have come across this guitar here on the HFC or elsewhere.................. looks familiar but then again it could just be my old age.
jimi page Posted December 3, 2019 Author Posted December 3, 2019 1 hour ago, ARM OF HAMER said: VERY NICE! I owned 2 1979 Sunbursts, one had a one piece neck the other three, great guitars. VERY cool.!............... I think they are Hamer's best guitar model and this one sure is beautiful! B&C'd Natural finish, Grover "BULLSEYE" tuners, OHSC,all stock and refret correct? Price is reasonable IMHO. GLWTS BTW I shouldn't even ask but..............what is the neck profile like........... others will want to know........I don't need this, I don't need this...................I should not have looked! Looking at it closer now I believe I may have come across this guitar here on the HFC or elsewhere.................. looks familiar but then again it could just be my old age. Yes AOH, someone else here owned this one at some point. From the threads I found, this one did have a refret and the bridge pickup is a period correct replacement. I've had it for 5 yrs and the only thing I've had done is have the nut replaced with a bone nut. I'd consider the neck to be in the same camp as a Fender modern "C" carve, very comfortable and easy to play.
Disturber Posted December 5, 2019 Posted December 5, 2019 Killer Sunburst! And that price can't be beat for a crowned and bound natural 79, bargain!
jimi page Posted December 21, 2019 Author Posted December 21, 2019 Xmas bump Great gift for the wife here. Get her going on those I IV V chords and ditch that silly looper pedal. Long shot: Anyone with a Vibrolux 6G11A or Tremolux 6G9A who is looking for a great sounding sunburst please reach out.
jimi page Posted April 11, 2020 Author Posted April 11, 2020 7 hours ago, Bluesking said: Sent you and the store a PM. Replied
The Shark Posted September 3, 2020 Posted September 3, 2020 I've considered buying this guitar for a long time.
topekatj Posted September 3, 2020 Posted September 3, 2020 Any pictures of the back, please? Weight? Thanks
bubs_42 Posted September 3, 2020 Posted September 3, 2020 8 hours ago, topekatj said: Any pictures of the back, please? Weight? Thanks Follow the Gbase Link.
kizanski Posted September 3, 2020 Posted September 3, 2020 On 12/2/2019 at 7:56 PM, kizanski said: Great price. You won't have it much longer. Did I jinx it? Because this should have been gone that same day.
BoogieMKIIA Posted September 3, 2020 Posted September 3, 2020 If I was rich - this one and the chevron natural Standard to go with my natural Studio Custom. Then I would get ......
bubs_42 Posted September 3, 2020 Posted September 3, 2020 9 hours ago, kizanski said: Did I jinx it? Because this should have been gone that same day. My guess is, that you were generally lazy and didn't follow the link. It is indeed very nice guitar, lots of wear though. Great Color, B&C, 1979, Full Sustainblock!
topekatj Posted September 3, 2020 Posted September 3, 2020 I would really like to see this instrument in person. Is there a POSSIBILITY the guitar was originally a burst that faded? The reason I ask is because of what appears to be a halo of color on the top adjacent to the binding. This does in no way diminishes the desirability (or sound) of the instrument. The grain on the back of the guitar is beautiful -- the mahogany that Hamer had access to back then was amazing.
Gabe Posted September 4, 2020 Posted September 4, 2020 5 hours ago, topekatj said: . Is there a POSSIBILITY the guitar was originally a burst that faded? No, I do not believe that. My Honey/Amber/Natural dot-neck ‘79 Sunburst with serial 9 0888 looks like this one with the mahogany back. A sunburst-coloured Sunburst would have a red back. Gabe 😀
Travis Posted September 4, 2020 Posted September 4, 2020 5 hours ago, bubs_42 said: My guess is, that you were generally lazy and didn't follow the link. It is indeed very nice guitar, lots of wear though. Great Color, B&C, 1979, Full Sustainblock! You sure that’s a full sustain block? it almost looks like it’s shimmed like the 77-early 78’s. I know they switched to the larger base plate/non-shimmed sustain blocks in 78 but that just looks like it has a shim. Maybe it’s the lighting or the angle...
topekatj Posted September 4, 2020 Posted September 4, 2020 31 minutes ago, Gabe said: No, I do not believe that. My Honey/Amber/Natural dot-neck ‘79 Sunburst with serial 9 0888 looks like this one with the mahogany back. A sunburst-coloured Sunburst would have a red back. Thanks for the post, good to know, makes perfect sense.
bubs_42 Posted September 4, 2020 Posted September 4, 2020 11 hours ago, Travis said: You sure that’s a full sustain block? it almost looks like it’s shimmed like the 77-early 78’s. I know they switched to the larger base plate/non-shimmed sustain blocks in 78 but that just looks like it has a shim. Maybe it’s the lighting or the angle... Looks like a shadow to me. The 70's and 80's are think strat like bases.
jimi page Posted September 5, 2020 Author Posted September 5, 2020 Full sustain block, no shim Finish is definitely natural, not a faded sunburst. As stated it does have its share of wear, the buckle rash being the most noticeable but other than that we're talking average play wear for a 41 year old guitar. No breaks or repairs. Frets are in great shape. Period correct replacement pickup ,refret and bone nut, otherwise all original including original case. Rings like an acoustic unplugged.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.