VECTOR Posted May 11, 2022 Posted May 11, 2022 Found this on the Verb. Very optimistic pricing imho but a beauty tho. No affiliation. What do you think? Price ok cause all black or too high cause missing a spectacular top?
Bennyboy-UK Posted May 11, 2022 Posted May 11, 2022 I think it's too high because it's too high. Watch it sit there until an offer goes in thats accepted.
Dave Scepter Posted May 11, 2022 Posted May 11, 2022 Hard to tell nowadays... seems high but then again, $700k for a 59 Les Paul?.. both not being made anymore 🤔
Hamerica Posted May 11, 2022 Posted May 11, 2022 0310; it's been a while since this one has resurfaced. For some reason, I thought someone here had owned it previously. Agreed it will be gone as soon as someone provides the magic cash-in-hand offer. It is listed at $9,999 US. I didn't see the Euro pricing. Hamerica
Dave Scepter Posted May 11, 2022 Posted May 11, 2022 I'm actually in the process of justifying buying this for myself as this is a Grail guitar for me and I figure I could thin the heard out at the same time... when will you see another?.. and "if" so do you think it'll be cheaper?
P Franco Posted May 11, 2022 Posted May 11, 2022 54 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said: I'm actually in the process of justifying buying this for myself as this is a Grail guitar for me and I figure I could thin the heard out at the same time... when will you see another?.. and "if" so do you think it'll be cheaper? I’ve often thought the same thing, good luck. And, no I’m not planning on going after this one.
currypowder Posted May 11, 2022 Posted May 11, 2022 We are certainly a bunch of cheap bastards around here. While I'm not in the market for a 4 digit, if I were, I would certainly give this serious consideration at it's current price. Hell, it's basically Lita's Pepper. @Dave Scepteryou should pull out the stops!
Ham Rex Posted May 11, 2022 Posted May 11, 2022 6 hours ago, Bennyboy-UK said: I think it's too high because it's too high. Watch it sit there until an offer goes in thats accepted. It's sold!!!
Ham Rex Posted May 11, 2022 Posted May 11, 2022 5 hours ago, Dave Scepter said: I'm actually in the process of justifying buying this for myself as this is a Grail guitar for me and I figure I could thin the heard out at the same time... when will you see another?.. and "if" so do you think it'll be cheaper? I hope you bought it... I bought a 79 Darkburst for stupid money and couldn't be happier. Was going to show the wife and buy it but it's gone! Now Pepper is gone.
Ham Rex Posted May 11, 2022 Posted May 11, 2022 I was wrong and removed this post. Thank you for pointing out I was incorrect.
Ham Rex Posted May 11, 2022 Posted May 11, 2022 6 hours ago, Dave Scepter said: Hard to tell nowadays... seems high but then again, $700k for a 59 Les Paul?.. both not being made anymore 🤔 Our cash value is disintegrating... might as well put it to use on a collectable, playable piece of Hamer History! Plus we could all get nuked tomorrow... and then there's the Russians to worry about!
crunchee Posted May 11, 2022 Posted May 11, 2022 6 hours ago, Dave Scepter said: Hard to tell nowadays... seems high but then again, $700k for a 59 Les Paul?.. both not being made anymore 🤔 That reminds me, this showed up in my Premier Guitar feed yesterday: https://www.premierguitar.com/pro-advice/vintage-vault/1960-gibson-les-paul-standard The thing I think is significant about the article (and the guitar) isn't the price ($270,000 for supposedly 'the best-sounding guitar I've ever heard', as allegedly declared by an unattributed source in the article, BTW), but the fact that it's apparently not good enough to keep by players who supposedly are 'in the know', including Joe B.. Talk is cheap, and hyperbole is just overpriced talk.
Dave Scepter Posted May 12, 2022 Posted May 12, 2022 7 hours ago, currypowder said: We are certainly a bunch of cheap bastards around here. While I'm not in the market for a 4 digit, if I were, I would certainly give this serious consideration at it's current price. Hell, it's basically Lita's Pepper. @Dave Scepteryou should pull out the stops! Done!.. Greg, you're a bad influence 🤣
Dave Scepter Posted May 12, 2022 Posted May 12, 2022 2 hours ago, Ham Rex said: Our cash value is disintegrating... might as well put it to use on a collectable, playable piece of Hamer History! Plus we could all get nuked tomorrow... and then there's the Russians to worry about! You only live once right?.. unnecessary wars, our water evaporating at an alarming rate our country is turning into The Handmaid's Tale... might as well strap on a 4-digit and play early Def Leppard and Lita Ford tunes right? 🤣
OUTLAW1969 Posted May 12, 2022 Posted May 12, 2022 8 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said: You only live once right?.. unnecessary wars, our water evaporating at an alarming rate our country is turning into The Handmaid's Tale... might as well strap on a 4-digit and play early Def Leppard and Lita Ford tunes right? 🤣 CONGRATS !!! Pete Willis and Runaways tunes would definitely be optimal on that one.
Hamerica Posted May 12, 2022 Posted May 12, 2022 2 hours ago, Dave Scepter said: You only live once right?.. unnecessary wars, our water evaporating at an alarming rate our country is turning into The Handmaid's Tale... might as well strap on a 4-digit and play early Def Leppard and Lita Ford tunes right? 🤣 Wow, congrats to the buyer and the seller. Looking forward to the tone report on this one.
Bennyboy-UK Posted May 12, 2022 Posted May 12, 2022 6 hours ago, Dave Scepter said: You only live once right?.. unnecessary wars, our water evaporating at an alarming rate our country is turning into The Handmaid's Tale... might as well strap on a 4-digit and play early Def Leppard and Lita Ford tunes right? 🤣 I totally respect you for doing that. Now, which of your guitars can I have at a knock down price 😛!
VECTOR Posted May 12, 2022 Author Posted May 12, 2022 8 hours ago, Dave Scepter said: Done!.. Greg, you're a bad influence 🤣 Hahaha, well done congrats!
currypowder Posted May 12, 2022 Posted May 12, 2022 12 hours ago, Dave Scepter said: Done!.. Greg, you're a bad influence 🤣 I resemble that remark! Congrats, Dave.
L2A3 Posted May 13, 2022 Posted May 13, 2022 On 5/11/2022 at 9:10 PM, Dave Scepter said: Done!.. Greg, you're a bad influence 🤣 The time to buy it is when you see it, not easy to find and not going to be cheaper the next time it shows up. Awesome guitar, congrats!
cmatthes Posted May 13, 2022 Posted May 13, 2022 On 5/11/2022 at 6:28 PM, Ham Rex said: Wasn't this one recently sold for around 2K on the board? Doubled their money. Totally different guitar.
gorch Posted May 13, 2022 Posted May 13, 2022 On 5/12/2022 at 3:10 AM, Dave Scepter said: Done!.. Greg, you're a bad influence 🤣 Congrats! Enjoy the guitar.
Cary Posted May 13, 2022 Posted May 13, 2022 On 5/11/2022 at 9:15 PM, Dave Scepter said: You only live once right?.. unnecessary wars, our water evaporating at an alarming rate our country is turning into The Handmaid's Tale... might as well strap on a 4-digit and play early Def Leppard and Lita Ford tunes right? 🤣 So much for “no politics” on the HFC. But $10K? I guess you could always trade it for a tank of gasoline or a few cans of baby formula a few months down the road… Seriously, congrats! That is a cool Standard!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.