All Activity
- Past hour
-
class D lightweight powered PA gear
hamerhead replied to Jimbilly's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I sold off a pair of powered EVs and unpowered subs(w/amp) that sounded great but were heavy. I replaced that with the Harbinger MLS900 pair, then added a 12" Rockville powered sub for fun. Couldn't be happier. Not quite the blasting power but it more than covers what I need. And at about 1/4 of the weight. The Harbingers have a really nice uniform sound 180° in front, which I didn't expect. Aim them right and you get PA + stage monitors in one. There are far better ones out there that get pretty pricey, but for the money these work great. Rockville sub: https://rockvilleaudio.com/products/rbg12s Price has gone up (of course!) but it adds a nice little thump for such a small package. It's decently built, and at 46 lbs, it's about 20 pounds lighter than one EV. -
Any post-2024 experiences with Canada/US cross-border shipping?
gtone replied to GusS's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I got a mailbox service across the line in MT, get my US purchases sent there and declare them as I re-enter Canada, typically on the same day. Haven't paid any tariffs yet, but I do have reasonable duty and/or sales tax charges that don't add up to much and cuts out the legal pirate trade (aka customs brokers). Should have done this yrs ago as it opens up a lot more gear purchasing opportunities that otherwise sellers would avoid or be leary of. -
Stage Hog cab is coming right along
hamerhead replied to DaveH's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
That still looks great! -
Still have a number of small details to go over, and to staple the grill cloth to the grill frame, but it's getting closer!
- Today
-
Any post-2024 experiences with Canada/US cross-border shipping?
RobB replied to GusS's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I purchased a Tokai from a Canadian shop. I paid California sales tax, shipping and (get THIS) Japanese tarriff. I don’t know the policy concerning import of USA items back to America. -
I bought a USA Hamer from a shop in Ottowa earlier this year, shipped to the southern US. The experience was no different from dealing with a shop within the US. It was nothin' fancy, no exotic woods, so that stuff never crossed my mind and wasn't raised by the shop, which handled any paperwork involved.
-
I recently got to use my old small PA: my daughter was singing/playing guitar at a wedding (2 songs, so fun to be able to help! and she sounded great, several attendees told us after that they realized partway through that it wasn't recorded music). My old speakers are Wharfedale Pro LA-15s, which are a lot like all the other stand/pole mounted powered speakers with a 15. I remember talking about them here when I got them, probably 20-25 years ago! I still like how they sound and they are loud enough, but at 60+ pounds each I'm thinking maybe I'm getting a bit old to be hauling them up and down to stairs to my basement. A few days ago I found a near-new pair of Mackie Thump215 for a very good price, I think they will be fine, and they are really light, I realized I was carrying one down my stairs easily with one hand, claimed weight is a bit over 30 pounds each. I was hoping to find QSC or EV, but these Mackies were too good to pass up. Just this afternoon I saw a Behringer powered sub, 15" speaker (b1500 Pro iirc), very clean and tagged at $200, which was a very tempting price, but heavy!, I did not buy. Published weight is about 95 pounds. I don't really need a subwoofer and I certainly don't need a 95 pound subwoofer! It looks like the newer Class D powered subs are also very light, - pretty neat stuff! Are you guys using the newer lightweight powered PA gear?
-
Found it:
-
You OK, Ricky? Haven't heard from you in a while.
-
No I bought it from Willcutts.
-
Hey y'all, Long time! I haven't shipped anything cross-border in quite a while and I intend to part with a few cool vintage Hamers. Any recent recent experiences with cross-border shipments, specifically Canada -> USA? Any extra forms to fill beside the standard description and declared value? Any BS related to tariffs, declared values, cites etc to be aware of? Thanks
-
That was Rick's Picks in Rockford when I went. He also has (or had) a checkerboard Mini. I would bet that he's going to get 0004 if nothing else.
-
Zandard $7500
tommy p replied to bry4321's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
If I could still play, I'd buy it back. It was a Holy Grail of a guitar for me and spent 16 years in my guitarsenal. When I had my Cheap Trick tribute band, I rotated through all of my 25 guitars and usually took 3-5 to my gigs. That was the ONLY guitar that went to every gig. I miss playing it terribly (double meaning intended 😂). -
Pick of the Rick Nielsen auction
Steve Haynie replied to bodp471's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
That coat is a big "HELL NO!" -
Pick of the Rick Nielsen auction
singlehum replied to bodp471's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Then there's this... https://www.juliensauctions.com/en/items/2297648/rick-nielsen-black-overcoat-peed-on-by-nikki-sixx -
That all hog reminds me of the all hog Tally that popped up on reverb briefly several years back. I really wish I'd have grabbed that one.
-
Quiet Riot has a new singer
tbonesullivan replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Can't find anything about it, but wouldn't surprise me. Maybe it got mixed up with Pink Floyd being in a car and just deciding to not pick up Syd Barrett. That was another very strange exit, mainly because Barrett had pretty much become a space cadet by then, totally out of touch with reality. -
Gosh I wonder if I sold mine to you! I couldn't take the weight.heaviest guitar I ever owned. Sounded fantastic after I put Lollar P90's in it!