Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. The 3 Zandards were all spectacular instruments and each one had a different top selected so they wouldn’t look identical. I remember taking pics of them for Elduave’s shop when they came in and was kinda kicking myself that I had just ordered a Greenburst Standard at the time and couldn’t swing both! The way Standards are getting up there, this one is right on the money and less than what a new Gibson copy of one sells for!
  3. Today
  4. Kluges Kerlchen! 😉 At least, it stays in the family, as we here use to say.
  5. EEZ raining fuggin amazing ARTISTS, AND YER KEELING MEEEE.
  6. Thank goodness - I thought “in a box” was a new entry in the IBS/IRBS/TDC line.
  7. Even with a modest powered speaker, any type of subwoofer is a great add.
  8. Does anyone know his last name?
  9. The QSC CP8 is about 20 lbs. and you could probably find them used for under $400. Also, haven't heard them, but as far as small, around the same weight is the Mackie DLM8 which is basically 12" in all dimensions. They also have a 12" sub for that series. Bose S1 Pro and EV Everse8 are around 15lbs. Alto makes some similar types of things that cost about half, but haven't heard those.
  10. Yesterday
  11. I pm'ed him a few weeks ago. Haven't heard a word…
  12. I sold off a pair of powered EVs and unpowered subs(w/amp) that sounded great but were heavy. I replaced that with the Harbinger MLS900 pair, then added a 12" Rockville powered sub for fun. Couldn't be happier. Not quite the blasting power but it more than covers what I need. And at about 1/4 of the weight. The Harbingers have a really nice uniform sound 180° in front, which I didn't expect. Aim them right and you get PA + stage monitors in one. There are far better ones out there that get pretty pricey, but for the money these work great. Rockville sub: https://rockvilleaudio.com/products/rbg12s Price has gone up (of course!) but it adds a nice little thump for such a small package. It's decently built, and at 46 lbs, it's about 20 pounds lighter than one EV.
  13. I got a mailbox service across the line in MT, get my US purchases sent there and declare them as I re-enter Canada, typically on the same day. Haven't paid any tariffs yet, but I do have reasonable duty and/or sales tax charges that don't add up to much and cuts out the legal pirate trade (aka customs brokers). Should have done this yrs ago as it opens up a lot more gear purchasing opportunities that otherwise sellers would avoid or be leary of.
  14. That still looks great!
  15. Still have a number of small details to go over, and to staple the grill cloth to the grill frame, but it's getting closer!
  16. I purchased a Tokai from a Canadian shop. I paid California sales tax, shipping and (get THIS) Japanese tarriff. I don’t know the policy concerning import of USA items back to America.
  17. I bought a USA Hamer from a shop in Ottowa earlier this year, shipped to the southern US. The experience was no different from dealing with a shop within the US. It was nothin' fancy, no exotic woods, so that stuff never crossed my mind and wasn't raised by the shop, which handled any paperwork involved.
  18. I recently got to use my old small PA: my daughter was singing/playing guitar at a wedding (2 songs, so fun to be able to help! and she sounded great, several attendees told us after that they realized partway through that it wasn't recorded music). My old speakers are Wharfedale Pro LA-15s, which are a lot like all the other stand/pole mounted powered speakers with a 15. I remember talking about them here when I got them, probably 20-25 years ago! I still like how they sound and they are loud enough, but at 60+ pounds each I'm thinking maybe I'm getting a bit old to be hauling them up and down to stairs to my basement. A few days ago I found a near-new pair of Mackie Thump215 for a very good price, I think they will be fine, and they are really light, I realized I was carrying one down my stairs easily with one hand, claimed weight is a bit over 30 pounds each. I was hoping to find QSC or EV, but these Mackies were too good to pass up. Just this afternoon I saw a Behringer powered sub, 15" speaker (b1500 Pro iirc), very clean and tagged at $200, which was a very tempting price, but heavy!, I did not buy. Published weight is about 95 pounds. I don't really need a subwoofer and I certainly don't need a 95 pound subwoofer! It looks like the newer Class D powered subs are also very light, - pretty neat stuff! Are you guys using the newer lightweight powered PA gear?
  19. You OK, Ricky? Haven't heard from you in a while.
  20. Sorry, but I needed the saddles as spareparts for several sustain block bridges to keep them in original working condition. And the price ( EUR 30,00) was, in my opinion, very reasonable.
  21. Until I make a decision I'm experimenting with a spare MXR Timmy as a clean boost in front of my EH Soul Food. Gain adjusted to zero, clipping switch set to the middle position to maximize headroom, volume set in various places to test results. It worked pretty well last weekend.
  1. Load more activity
×
×
  • Create New...