Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Flawless Technique / Half a $20 / Sharkfin / etc

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I'll confess I've been here when there was only a handful of guys posting. Anyone remember gerG, and miK fishnets and Billy Wong. There have been some good times here. Of course if it wasn't for this place I would never have gotten my 25th ann or my standard custom or well any of my basement full of Hamers.

How about Ted walking around the factory wearing a Burger King Crown. or the difference between HFC I and HFC II when the first one nobody was talking when we crowded into the reception area of the factory and at HFC II it was the first of many reunions. Good memories indeed.

Are you trying to say it was quiet b4 all us loud New Yorkers showed up the second year?

If so, I blame BillyBob HamerBassHead. Or maybe it was the secret ingredient that Holliann put in the cookies.

But it couldn't have been me. I wasn't any "trouble" here until years later when I pissed people off by saying a particular thread should not have been on the HFC board at all. It was really funny to see how many of those who attacked me on the board couldn't even look me in the eye or say hello when we saw each other again (though, much to his credit, NOT the guy who started the thread that started that particular shit storm).

who are you kidding Press? I was already in trouble at HFC1, and people weren't trying to avoid eye contact, they're protecting themselves from the glare off your head.... since that time I have strategically cut off my hair to capitalize on this phenomenon.

And for the record Tonedaddy was jousting with me prior to his exit. He was a pest and instigator back then and I called him on it, and gave him a good dose of ballbusting..... I still have his emails somewhere.

I miss the old days a lot, and although attempts at a group jam fizzled last time I may try again.

You were trouble LONG B4 HFC1 Kron - you sneaky, lurking bastard.

And as far as glare goes, you Tony Levin impersonating, perpetrating, fraudulent m.f., how do you always have enough wax left to do your head after you do your bikini line and your ass? And wouldn’t some of that waxing time be better spent practicing?

Maybe you’re the real reason Tonedaddy left. A good dose of ball busting from you is enough to make anyone want to kill you – or walk away before they do and ruin their lives over the likes of you.

I miss the old days too. Wanna jam? It wouldn’t be the first time Laura and I were at your house and the cops showed up.

BTW Bill, I thought the flawless technique thing was about your old singer for a second b4 realized it was Joe. Love to Diane. Let’s hook up soon.

The three you mention can all be attributed to one member who's since been banned.

"Flawless technique" is what he claimed to have; his self-produced instructional video indicated otherwise.

"Half a $20" was his recommendation about how to deal with a soundman: tear a $20 bill in two and give one half to him before the gig and the other half to him afterward, provided he performed his duties to your satisfaction. Never really mentioned the possibility that the sound guy wouldn't want the other half, thus resulting in YOU being out $20.

"Sharkfin" is the type of pick this guy told an LA studio cat he could use to simulate the sound of a 12-string guitar on a session.

I am so sorry to have missed that, even though that character must've been banned for some very good reasons. Sometimes the funniest things are the ones that are unintentionally hilarious. :P

That one is hysterical Cary. For once, I'm the twin with the "good hair" :P

Good times, good times. Still good times, just different and not nearly as fecking funny!

That one is hysterical Cary. For once, I'm the twin with the "good hair" :P

Good times, good times. Still good times, just different and not nearly as fecking funny!

And I still really don't know any fancy "notes" or "Chords" :P

Good lord, there was a point at each HFC I was at that I came TOO close to pissing myself laughing.

yup many good memories here.....

remember the time the guy signed on as a1pep from flint mi nor flint tx ....

never mind

Bullshit. That was you all along and you know it.

( :P )

Good lord, there was a point at each HFC I was at that I came TOO close to pissing myself laughing.

Ever had one of those fits of hysterical laughter that you can't stop although it hurts like hell? Worst one I've ever had was in the Ramada bar with Serial, J. Bednar and e. - something about those Siamese twins and "are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

Okay - you would have really had to have been there... :P

Reading this thread has made me realize how few of you I have met in person. Greg, Saxon/Turdus, Chris, Steve, Al, the late John, Billybob, Butcher, and only a handful more. That's what I get for never attending an Open House.

"Kissfan", anyone? That was classic. Tip-toeing back in and trying to lay low until his true colors (& writing style) emerged.

What was the name of the dude that CONSTANTLY ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT PICKUPS? What kind of magnets in Rios, AlNiCo5 with maple top, Rios versus Duncan Custom Custom Special Blend, on and on and on.

The rechts vs. AnDy thread was hands down the funniest thing I've ever seen on the HFC. That was the thread where I learned not to drink anything while I was reading the board or it may end up sprayed all over the screen. I would love to see that thread again.

The rechts vs. AnDy thread was hands down the funniest thing I've ever seen on the HFC. That was the thread where I learned not to drink anything while I was reading the board or it may end up sprayed all over the screen. I would love to see that thread again.

Which one?

Those were the HFC equivalent of the Screech/Horshack bout.

"Those were the HFC equivalent of the Screech/Horshack bout."

But waaaaaay funnier.

OK, while I admit that Screech could flame me pretty good because he allegedly has mad-ass Photoshop skills, I think I could take Horshak...

post-2-1149788616.jpg

post-2-1149788747.gif

btw, did any of you guys read that Khalid Sheik Mohammed's recent extensive confessions are being doubted by the White House? Was I prescient, or what?

btw, did any of you guys read that Khalid Sheik Mohammed's recent extensive confessions are being doubted by the White House? Was I prescient, or what?

Funny, I thought the same thing.

The crying shame about that photoshop though is that I am pretty sure that the guy next to the ALF photo isn't AnDy. I think that's his vocalist - I'd have to see the original shot to tell ya for sure. Definitely ALF's hair though.

Nah, it's him. The Zebra Special is a dead giveaway. I put the Adobe Lasso tool around pAnZy's head enough times to know what he looks like....shit, I could pick him out of a large crowd by now.

Lemme see if I can resurrect the storage disc that holds the original band pic from whence it came. There is a metric shitload of other pAnZy bashing p-shops on there as well. The entire brawl was well documented.

I think the hairdo was known as a "Canadian Waterfall".

Archived