coolfeel Posted June 25, 2011 Posted June 25, 2011 There used to be a music store here in Charlotte called Reliable Musici remember reliable!! do you remember "rehearsalot"? i was the owner/operator.I don't think so - mostly because I didn't live in Charlotte until 1999, me and my bandmates at the time used to travel to Charlotte just to check out Reliable, which, at the time, had an incredible inventory of instruments etc. Where was your shop and what did you specialize in?
Brooks Posted June 25, 2011 Posted June 25, 2011 There used to be a music store here in Charlotte called Reliable Musici remember reliable!! do you remember "rehearsalot"? i was the owner/operator.I don't think so - mostly because I didn't live in Charlotte until 1999, me and my bandmates at the time used to travel to Charlotte just to check out Reliable, which, at the time, had an incredible inventory of instruments etc. Where was your shop and what did you specialize in?it was a rehearsal studio @ tryon & the loop (277?) around 1992-95
mail4kev Posted June 26, 2011 Posted June 26, 2011 this one is a racer! it is a keeper, sorry kev. One can only try and hope. Kev
DBraz Posted September 28, 2011 Posted September 28, 2011 My '90 Californian Elite, Aztec Gold, Gold hardwear, Bare Knuckle VH2 humbucker (and an awful single coil..)
RichRS6 Posted October 11, 2011 Posted October 11, 2011 www.ebay.com/itm/HAMER-CUSTOM-SHOP-USA-GUITARThis looks nice, not too sure about the price though..........
Lockbody Posted October 11, 2011 Posted October 11, 2011 Hey, where did this thread come from? I can play. My old '90 Cali Elite and my first Hamer. An almost perfect guitar that I eventually had to sell because the thinness of the neck caused my left hand to cramp after a few minutes. It really pained me to sell it too.
diablo175 Posted October 12, 2011 Posted October 12, 2011 www.ebay.com/itm/HAMER-CUSTOM-SHOP-USA-GUITARThis looks nice, not too sure about the price though..........Not a Cali and not worth the price. Next!
RichRS6 Posted October 12, 2011 Posted October 12, 2011 www.ebay.com/itm/HAMER-CUSTOM-SHOP-USA-GUITARThis looks nice, not too sure about the price though..........Not a Cali and not worth the price. Next!Sorry my mistake, still a nice looking guitar though!So what is it ?
diablo175 Posted October 12, 2011 Posted October 12, 2011 www.ebay.com/itm/HAMER-CUSTOM-SHOP-USA-GUITARThis looks nice, not too sure about the price though..........Not a Cali and not worth the price. Next!Sorry my mistake, still a nice looking guitar though!So what is it ?A custom shop Chaparral with O'Connor paint. The bevels on the horns and the reversed hockey stick head stock are the standout differences.There was this thread about it...
Crimsontider Posted October 18, 2011 Posted October 18, 2011 A few more of my baby. It has had a few minor changes since these photos were taken. When I purchase a USA, that is the wood and finish that I want. Nice!
zenmindbeginner Posted January 14, 2012 Posted January 14, 2012 Here's my $360 score. Now that's a Cali that even I can afford! Schweet!
Crimsontider Posted January 16, 2012 Posted January 16, 2012 Is this Alder, Mahogany or Ash? I am assuming Alder? Very nice. Here's my $360 score. Is this Alder, Mahogany or Ash? I am assuming Alder? Very nice.
veatch Posted January 16, 2012 Posted January 16, 2012 Is this Alder, Mahogany or Ash? I'm going with hawg on that one.
diablo175 Posted January 16, 2012 Posted January 16, 2012 Is this Alder, Mahogany or Ash? I'm going with hawg on that one.Hawg?
veatch Posted January 16, 2012 Posted January 16, 2012 Is this Alder, Mahogany or Ash? I'm going with hawg on that one. Hawg? Sorry - mo-hawg-any.
diablo175 Posted January 16, 2012 Posted January 16, 2012 Ahh well, to tide myself over until the Cali Custom arrives (in another 9 months ) I'll post porn of my ghetto custom Cali- Not worth a damn in the corksniffing-gotta-be-100%-stock-market but immeasurably valuable to me as a 1-of-a-kind-Frank Sinatra-I-did-it-MY-way-Cali. And in the end, isn't that what's really important?
BubbaVO Posted January 16, 2012 Posted January 16, 2012 Never owned one. I love the body shape (and the Centaura's as well)...But I'm curious to know if they ever made a set neck Cali? Or did they ever make one with a neck that had more of a vintage carve.
coolfeel Posted January 16, 2012 Posted January 16, 2012 Schweet!Never owned one. I love the body shape (and the Centaura's as well)...But I'm curious to know if they ever made a set neck Cali? Or did they ever make one with a neck that had more of a vintage carve.Yes they made a set neck Cali...not sure on the neck carve though...
Crimsontider Posted January 16, 2012 Posted January 16, 2012 Is this Alder, Mahogany or Ash? I'm going with hawg on that one. Hawg? Sorry - mo-hawg-any. I agree. It has the color and grain of one or two pieces of Hawg body. Nice.
tobereeno Posted January 17, 2012 Posted January 17, 2012 setnecks are rather rare, but they are even better. Easily the equal of a well-built Soloist, but I prefer the aesthetics of the Californian and the setneck has a different sound than a neck-through.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.