Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1964 Gibson SG Jr. - Nevermind, I can't do it.


Recommended Posts

Posted

I love this guitar, but I've got my eye on something that I think I will like a lot more. If that guitar goes before this sells, then I'm going to pull this ad.

A super lightweight 6lbs on my fish scale. The P90 measures at 8.3k (from memory). This is a SMOKIN' guitar. I played it for all of one minute before I told the store owner I'd be back in a few with the cash.

Numerous light dings, etc... with one spot on upper bout by arm down to the wood. No other issues. No breaks or neck resets, etc...When I got it it had an import volume pot that I replaced with a '65 Centralab 500k. I got a spare along pot with another disk cap that I'll include. I replaced the non-stock speed knobs with top hats. Frets in great shape, but I'll probably drop it off this week for a polish. Non-original Epiphone TLK case that fits it like a glove. Badass wraparound bridge included, if you feel the need for intonation. Dunlop Straplocks on it right now, but original buttons included.

I will ship two day (CONUS) at this price, and whatever Paypal you're comfortable paying me with is cool. Any reasonable offers considered, but no trades. I'm willing to accept a personal check from anyone who knows the meaning of "half a $20". I'm also willing to drive halfway up to a couple of hours from metro Birmingham, AL to make a deal, but also would be willing to meet someone in Nashville, TN.

DSC_6533sm.jpg

Link to gallery

Posted

you bum-hole - I've just spent money on a guitar, and you decide to sell this!!!!!

I might be afraid to ship an older Gibson like this across the pond.

Posted

Thanks all. I just went and played it a few minutes ago and I'm not sure if I can do this. :wub:

I keep thinking "My SG Classic gets me pretty close.", but it's no contest when it gets down to it. If I had more stuff to sell to get what I'm looking at, then there's no way in hell I'd let this go.

Posted

I love this guitar, but I've got my eye on something that I think I will like a lot more...

This is a SMOKIN' guitar. I played it for all of one minute before...

Case closed. Hang on with both hands.

:)

GH

Posted

Yeah... I can't do it. I went and played it again last night and I just can't do it. If you were on the fence, you're too late.

It's hard to let magic go.

Posted

Think about how much the next one of those would cost cause you know you will jones to replace it. :P

Posted

I think you'll be very glad not to have sold it. Definately one to keep for ever. If I ever get one, someone would have to prise it out of my cold dead hands to get it off me!

Posted

Think about how much the next one of those would cost cause you know you will jones to replace it. :P

+1! Good thing that you've got a SG Classic to make a comparison with.

Posted

Scared the bejeezus outta me there for a minute Bob - sure glad you sobered up! :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...