Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Announcing the launch of B-Way Guitars

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Natural neck with Shoreline Gold.

Black headstock/rosewood with Ferrari Red.

Agreed.

Cool body design.....for some reason, it looks like a fanned fret fingerboard would be a cool option.

Definitely a more "California" ergonomic look to it (Klein/Kubicki) than something out of NYC. I like it.

Natural neck with Shoreline Gold.

Black headstock/rosewood with Ferrari Red.

Agreed.

First buyer gets to make that call!

Cool body design.....for some reason, it looks like a fanned fret fingerboard would be a cool option.

Yeah, probably because the front and rear edges are basically fanned.

Is that a rosewood fretboard w/ the black headstock, or katalox?

What guitars do you have available now? Just the ferrari red and shoreline gold?

Which guitar are the Z-90s going into?

For the $2k price, what options would I have for pickups and switching? I don't want anything fancy, I think, but a splittable humbucker in the bridge w/ a P-90 in the neck would be very nice. Especially w/ a push/push knob to turn on a middle single coil...

The black headstock neck has a katalox board.

The only guitars officially for sale right now are the red and gold ones. I hesitate to sell the white prototype, not for sentimental reasons, but because there are some mistakes in it that I would find unacceptable as a buyer, and it's full of holes and booboos owing to my using it as a mule/testing platform. But if someone were to make an offer on it despite the ugly bits I'd consider parting with it.

Re upcharges: if you're looking for different parts that retail cost-wise are in the ballpark of the stock parts (Area T, Virtual Solo, 2 CTS pots, Oak Grigsby 3-way, Orange Drop cap) then I'm not going to upcharge for every dollar difference. So for example if you wanted to substitute a DiMarzio 36th Ann. and Duncan Vintage P-90 for the PUs and add a mini-toggle for series/parallel/split, that would be no upcharge.

Re push-push pots: Yamaha used to make good ones, but you can't find them anymore. Everything else out there (Allparts, Alpha, Fender S-1) just won't hold up. I can't in good conscience sell a guitar with one, sorry. I have a lot more faith in mini-toggles but would be willing to take a chance on a Bourns push-pull. I once had a Bourns that didn't function correctly out of the box, but I haven't heard of them failing in large numbers.

Re push-push pots: Yamaha used to make good ones, but you can't find them anymore. Everything else out there (Allparts, Alpha, Fender S-1) just won't hold up. I can't in good conscience sell a guitar with one, sorry. I have a lot more faith in mini-toggles but would be willing to take a chance on a Bourns push-pull. I once had a Bourns that didn't function correctly out of the box, but I haven't heard of them failing in large numbers.

If you were to choose Fender Strat-styled knobs, their S-1 switch is a nice alternative to the push-pull

_kgrhqj_kwe7_ese3zzbo71j_jfow_60_12_62.j

ETA: they also make a Tele-style knob/switch:

$_35.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I remember when I was a fender cegt, the s-1's were problematic, did not last long.

The push push pots are avail, like the ones I had the buy in of last november.

So far, they are holding up.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived