Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Creating A Hamer: a behind the scenes look

Funny thing is, I'd be in for a Final Run, even though it makes no sense financially.

At the same time the Koa Studio with the the Seths is so good, and so pretty... I dunno if it can be topped.

It is lovely to see the pics. Thanks, guys.

Finally in a position where I could actually do one, should the 'Final Run' thing come to be. Deciding 'what' is the hard part.

The pictures here guys are just over-the-top cool. Thank you so much for what you do (and have done).

I've never liked buying "new" guitars, I hate the depreciation but for the chance to get a final run together (which btw I'm really surprised FMIC haven't thought about doing as a way to say farewell to Hamer) I would happily get my wallet out.

They did allow a final "run" when they removed all restrictions and let people submit last-call orders for any variation of anything ever affiliated with the brand.

ship-has-sailed-techspokes.com_.jpeg

Yes I know i'm a whining cry baby. :D

If they had said they would be shutting down the company then I would have had a little more motivation to put in a C/O, as it was there was no real warning from Hamer (AFAIK) it would all be coming to an end.

I'm assuming there would be no problems from the Luthiers on the shop floor to doing this ?

Is it that you're using a new bit, low speed, going slowly, or something else that you don't have any dark marks in the route? The few times I've run a router I may as well have been using my soldering iron! Granted, I was routing shelves out of red oak, but I can't imagine that maple would be any softer.

Is it that you're using a new bit, low speed, going slowly, or something else that you don't have any dark marks in the route? The few times I've run a router I may as well have been using my soldering iron! Granted, I was routing shelves out of red oak, but I can't imagine that maple would be any softer.

It's not the slow speed or going slowly so much, but how much you are removing. And a new bit is always a plus.

It's not the slow speed or going slowly so much, but how much you are removing. And a new bit is always a plus.

This ^^^^

Yes.

Depth of cut makes a big difference: It's better to make several shallow passes, increasing the depth incrementally.

# of flutes (cutting edges) on the bit makes a difference: 2 or 3 flutes give smoother cuts, while single flute bits are faster.

Holy mother of maple syrup. (Sorry - that's the best I could come up with...)

What a time to not be able to order something. Those boards are insane.

What are they going on?

This ^^^ is exactly what I thought!

Those are Hamer designated boards. Must build a few more.

Yes and.....

Let there be custom orders until All the Hamer wood stockpile is depleated!

So it be said.

So it be done.

Archived