JohnnyThunders Posted January 17, 2014 Posted January 17, 2014 Its gone, not sold, no completed, not for sale. It was red with a Kahler?Was it an illusion, was I dreaming?
sledhead44 Posted January 17, 2014 Posted January 17, 2014 You're not dreaming! I saw it as well. Yep, red with Kahler and I think a black pick guard. Opening Bid $900 or something with a BIN of $1300 or so???
polara Posted January 17, 2014 Posted January 17, 2014 Yeah, I am sure someone nabbed it. BIN was $1300.
JohnnyThunders Posted January 17, 2014 Author Posted January 17, 2014 Yes the red one at around $900, Ok, Im not going crazy. This morning it was not showing up in sold but now it is, $1,300 they must have a nightly batch cycle that updates the sold listings, not real-time (computer geek speak).
devrock Posted January 17, 2014 Posted January 17, 2014 Auction posted at 3AM. Gone before I even woke up. Who posts auctions at 3 AM?? GRR!http://www.ebay.com/itm/HAMER-VECTOR-KK-Downing-Flying-V-Guitar-w-Original-HSC-Or-Optional-Gibson-Case-/121255789887?ViewItem=&ssPageName=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A3160&item=121255789887&nma=true&si=bbm%252FMN9CnUq5n9qDqwtm4YYKDu4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
crunchee Posted January 17, 2014 Posted January 17, 2014 Maybe it was posted by someone who's living the Rock N' Roll lifestyle.
JohnnyThunders Posted January 17, 2014 Author Posted January 17, 2014 It was before 3am because I saw it about 9:45.
devrock Posted January 17, 2014 Posted January 17, 2014 That's one of the things that pisses me off to no end about Ebay's "notifications." There's no reason they can't be triggered immediately. This happens all the freakin' time and it's aggravating.
bubs_42 Posted January 17, 2014 Posted January 17, 2014 Early Bird get the worm. I didn't bid on it but it popped up just after I logged onto Ebay. Knew it would not last long at that price.
stratacus Posted January 18, 2014 Posted January 18, 2014 Early Bird get the worm. I didn't bid on it but it popped up just after I logged onto Ebay. Knew it would not last long at that price. I saw it while it was active too. Cool finish and great price.
BTMN Posted January 18, 2014 Posted January 18, 2014 Says it was updated the 16th at 12:36pm PST so it was up at least 12 hours.
Cary Posted January 18, 2014 Posted January 18, 2014 Are there really that many people here who thought a BIN of $1300 was a great price on this guitar? I mean, I saw it, and it was a cool guitar, but really? $1300?
crunchee Posted January 18, 2014 Posted January 18, 2014 Are there really that many people here who thought a BIN of $1300 was a great price on this guitar? I mean, I saw it, and it was a cool guitar, but really? $1300? I'd only think that way at 3 AM. But you'd hafta get me drunk first. Even then, a $1300 BIN impulse-buy hangover is one I'd much rather avoid.
cmatthes Posted January 18, 2014 Posted January 18, 2014 I wouldn't pay that much for that guitar (I've owned one before), but I'm sure some JP fan would.
serial Posted January 18, 2014 Posted January 18, 2014 I loved the natural one I had-I had two red ones (candy red and red trans)that were nice, but not as great.
JohnnyThunders Posted January 19, 2014 Author Posted January 19, 2014 I had a white vector with led lights in the fret board, forgot where i got it and who i sold it too. Never liked the v shape., but it was white.
devrock Posted January 20, 2014 Posted January 20, 2014 I wouldn't pay that much for that guitar (I've owned one before), but I'm sure some JP fan would.This JP uber-fan probably would, although that's on the high end. For us, that and the GT are holy grails and a bitch to get our hands on. Every time I see one get away (whether I can afford it or not) I die a little on the inside.
murkat Posted January 20, 2014 Posted January 20, 2014 I wouldn't pay that much for that guitar (I've owned one before), but I'm sure some JP fan would. This JP uber-fan probably would, although that's on the high end. For us, that and the GT are holy grails and a bitch to get our hands on. Every time I see one get away (whether I can afford it or not) I die a little on the inside. You have passed up many KK's....
devrock Posted January 20, 2014 Posted January 20, 2014 I wouldn't pay that much for that guitar (I've owned one before), but I'm sure some JP fan would. This JP uber-fan probably would, although that's on the high end. For us, that and the GT are holy grails and a bitch to get our hands on. Every time I see one get away (whether I can afford it or not) I die a little on the inside. You have passed up many KK's.... You just keep quiet over there, Mister! Timing is always bad for me, it seems with them. I have a friend who is an original owner of a red one w/ white PG. He moved back to Japan a year ago. His KK is still in NY.... I'm dying for him to have mercy on me and my wallet.
JohnnyThunders Posted January 20, 2014 Author Posted January 20, 2014 Had an 81 white sustainblovk with leds in the board, forgot who I sold it to, Peter?
JohnnyThunders Posted January 20, 2014 Author Posted January 20, 2014 yeah, I know just thought id post a pic.
Cary Posted January 20, 2014 Posted January 20, 2014 Had an 81 white sustainblovk with leds in the board, forgot who I sold it to, Peter? Very nice.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.