PFunk Posted September 15, 2020 Posted September 15, 2020 Hi All- After witnessing over the past three years so many of Mike’s previous works come to completion on both this site & fb- two years ago I willingly threw my name into the Shishkov Sweepstakes. Given the serial number count at the time along with getting some glimpses of the meticulous work that was put into each and every instrument, it was obvious that it would be some time before this build would start, so it was like- OK, enjoy the ride. The builds that have been shared since have been full of so many really cool and unique ideas...so much so that just when one thinks they might have what they had envisioned figured out, something else is presented that prompts further creative thought....I’m sure many of us can relate, right? So when Trish recently notified me that 109 was in the next batch and after confirming some details, the top was soon selected. Then last week after talking pickups with Josh Gravelin, I spoke with Mike about a few more things and about an hour later Trish sent me a few photos of the neck. That’s when it finally set in- This build is now happening! So here they are- and seemingly sort of like seeing those first ultrasounds of a child, Number 109...
bubs_42 Posted September 15, 2020 Posted September 15, 2020 Congrats, your in good company. This batch is going to be next level! Well higher than 100. LOL
PFunk Posted September 15, 2020 Author Posted September 15, 2020 Thanks. I’ll say that some variances of several elements from 0054 will eventually emerge, which should be fairly easy to figure out...
BubbaVO Posted September 15, 2020 Posted September 15, 2020 Very exciting. Keep us posted as events progress.
Jakeboy Posted September 15, 2020 Posted September 15, 2020 Oh, I see. You’re gonna have that maple top sprayed opaque purple...? GREAT IDEA
PFunk Posted September 15, 2020 Author Posted September 15, 2020 54 minutes ago, Jakeboy said: Oh, I see. You’re gonna have that maple top sprayed opaque purple...? GREAT IDEA With about 5 more coats of polyurethane!..
bubs_42 Posted December 12, 2020 Posted December 12, 2020 You know that answer. 56 minutes ago, 0054 said: Any News?
Jakeboy Posted December 12, 2020 Posted December 12, 2020 I hope the builds are continuing to move right along....I am sure the pandemic hasn’t helped things...
kizanski Posted December 12, 2020 Posted December 12, 2020 A thread with 2 pictures and no progress does not a "Pictorial Of Progress" make.
cmatthes Posted December 12, 2020 Posted December 12, 2020 5 hours ago, Jakeboy said: I hope the builds are continuing to move right along....I am sure the pandemic hasn’t helped things... Mike is still working steadily away...
kizanski Posted December 12, 2020 Posted December 12, 2020 41 minutes ago, cmatthes said: Mike is still working steadily away... What the hell else is he gonna do?
Travis Posted December 12, 2020 Posted December 12, 2020 1 hour ago, kizanski said: What the hell else is he gonna do?
PFunk Posted January 7, 2021 Author Posted January 7, 2021 Hi All- Happy 2021. I don’t have any news and have been away due to a recent surgical procedure a few months back but am sure that Mike’s been busy. When the time comes that something is shared with me I’ll post it here. If not, then we’ll fast forward to the finished result and that sure fits into the progress category, right?Thanks.
PFunk Posted January 8, 2021 Author Posted January 8, 2021 Thanks. With most likely another one to face, 109 will certainly serve as some good remedy!
PFunk Posted January 9, 2021 Author Posted January 9, 2021 These two photo gems from Mike and Trish arrived last evening....kind of like Christmas in January!
PFunk Posted February 14, 2021 Author Posted February 14, 2021 Now these pixels within this pictorial pronouncement show progress! Thanks to Mike and Trish!
HSB0531 Posted February 15, 2021 Posted February 15, 2021 I was looking at the EBMM site where they show how they finish guitar and bass bodies, and how they make the necks and fret them. I think that if I hadn't bought the Hamer DVD and years later watched what Mike does now, I never would have realized the level that guitar building could achieve. If you have the DVD, you can watch Mike doing the same work he does now. The German Carve. The Abalone inlay work done between the binding and the top. The heating and flowing of the Ivoroid around the edges of the necks and bodies. All the attention to detail including selecting the wood makes the custom order well worth the money.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.