Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Shakin’ The Tree, Monaco lll

Previous owner swapped out pickups, bridge etc.  still have all original parts in the case.  I’d have to go back to very old email to get details, I forgot, really.  Plays great and looks fabulous.  Sometime I should take good photos.

That said, I think the colorful one posted before is the cat’s meow and wins the day!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, stedge said:

Previous owner swapped out pickups, bridge etc.  still have all original parts in the case.  I’d have to go back to very old email to get details, I forgot, really.  Plays great and looks fabulous.  Sometime I should take good photos.

That said, I think the colorful one posted before is the cat’s meow and wins the day!

Thanks for the info. As I figured. 

Here is mine. This is a photo from one of the previous owners and when I now look closely at this pic I think I see a Nashville bridge. Good, as I just bought a new original type Schaller bridge for it. Just ready to be installed to bring it back to it's original glory. Lollar P90's in this one though, they sound good.

y4mCFP9SAGLsbsnPZ_Tpzfyj_Hajp47Qcv7cCnKZ

1 hour ago, stedge said:

I love miiis but that is nuts with that whack on it!  Not too long ago they were not selling at 1500. 

i know, i know. Shut up. Im old and farted. 

I just took a closer look at the photos... ouch! Yeah, $2.5K is more than optimistic. I'd pay half that if I had the cash, but no more.

My favorites are Mitch's old natural one with the gold swapped out for chrome hardware, sorta like this:

iktt9cumejpeqcr6nkgc.jpg 

and the one with the tort binding.  That one is beautiful!

3ab63f3c056dd3e3c4d381387e55d00b.jpg

53 minutes ago, velorush said:

My favorites are Mitch's old natural one with the gold swapped out for chrome hardware, sorta like this:

iktt9cumejpeqcr6nkgc.jpg 

and the one with the tort binding.  That one is beautiful!

3ab63f3c056dd3e3c4d381387e55d00b.jpg

Ah the good old days! I picked the CO with tortoise and carved back from Kiz long ago. Exceptional with the Lollar pickups. The one I got from Mitch was not as striking, but I kept it longer as I thought it was the better sounding and playing of the two, that being the sum of the parts Mitch installed. Kind of surprised me how long it languished in a for sale thread......

Kind of a shame that so many great guitars are in the rear view mirror.

2 minutes ago, RobB said:

What price would you consider justified?

For excellent condition 2k. Then go from there. I'd be willing to pay $1600.00 for the guitar on the Verb!

I’ve seen a number of the red ones go for right around 1600 the past year and half.   Some how I keep missing one at that price.  They seem to hang around a bit longer at 2k and above.  I personally want a red one, but I wouldn’t pass up a natural one unless it had gold hardware. 

tortoishell c/o all bets would be off.  I might rob a bank for that one.  

On 1/21/2021 at 11:37 AM, joshoowah said:

Just spotted on the 'verb:

https://reverb.com/item/38416321-2005-hamer-monaco-iii-red-transparent

Maybe optimistic at that price, but these aren't as common as those of us without one would like.

Gone, but not me! Hopefully someone in the HFC!!

Archived