All Activity
- Past hour
- Today
-
The Reverend Billy Gibbons in a box.
joshoowah replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
There was any interview with RBG in Guitar Player in the early-mid 90s where I first learned of his fondness for top-wrapping and DR Pure Blues strings (and converted to both). They also spent a bunch of time on his pedals at the time. Most of it was spent on the (relatively new) Bixonic Expandora. I've never had a chance to try one, but he talked about it like that pedal into any decent tweed was his tone heaven. Wonder how it stacks up against everything he's touted since... -
Feynman started following Trademark Infringement?
-
How do they get away with this?
-
- 2
-
-
Trogly's video about Rick Nielsen's auction.
WiskiTangoFoxtrot replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Spare us what? I watched it. I dig Trogly’s videos. -
The Reverend Billy Gibbons in a box.
tbonesullivan replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
It really does nail that "Eliminator" tone, and probably earlier. That kind of "blocked" sound that almost clips out and is so nice and raw. I don't know if I have any pedals or amps that can really get that kind of sound, but being a big ZZ top fan, I want it. I wonder if this pedal will be available in the US, as it's a German Pedal that Andertons just started selling. Also once again the original version of "Legs" is far better than the remixed version from the video that they put on the CDs for years. I need to get a new copy of Eliminator with the REAL Legs. You know. This one: -
Funny present - 1953 Framus
hamerhead replied to Montelovesco's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
-
Pick of the Rick Nielsen auction
hamerhead replied to bodp471's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
From the title I thought it was something he threw at you. -
Zandard $7500
cmatthes replied to bry4321's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
The 3 Zandards were all spectacular instruments and each one had a different top selected so they wouldn’t look identical. I remember taking pics of them for Elduave’s shop when they came in and was kinda kicking myself that I had just ordered a Greenburst Standard at the time and couldn’t swing both! The way Standards are getting up there, this one is right on the money and less than what a new Gibson copy of one sells for! -
-
F/S Hamer Artist Custom 97?
topekatj replied to neastguy's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
EEZ raining fuggin amazing ARTISTS, AND YER KEELING MEEEE. -
The Reverend Billy Gibbons in a box.
alantig replied to Saul Goodman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Thank goodness - I thought “in a box” was a new entry in the IBS/IRBS/TDC line. -
class D lightweight powered PA gear
BoogieMKIIA replied to Jimbilly's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Even with a modest powered speaker, any type of subwoofer is a great add. -
Does anyone know his last name?
-
class D lightweight powered PA gear
scottcald replied to Jimbilly's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
The QSC CP8 is about 20 lbs. and you could probably find them used for under $400. Also, haven't heard them, but as far as small, around the same weight is the Mackie DLM8 which is basically 12" in all dimensions. They also have a 12" sub for that series. Bose S1 Pro and EV Everse8 are around 15lbs. Alto makes some similar types of things that cost about half, but haven't heard those. - Yesterday
-
I pm'ed him a few weeks ago. Haven't heard a word…
-
class D lightweight powered PA gear
hamerhead replied to Jimbilly's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I sold off a pair of powered EVs and unpowered subs(w/amp) that sounded great but were heavy. I replaced that with the Harbinger MLS900 pair, then added a 12" Rockville powered sub for fun. Couldn't be happier. Not quite the blasting power but it more than covers what I need. And at about 1/4 of the weight. The Harbingers have a really nice uniform sound 180° in front, which I didn't expect. Aim them right and you get PA + stage monitors in one. There are far better ones out there that get pretty pricey, but for the money these work great. Rockville sub: https://rockvilleaudio.com/products/rbg12s Price has gone up (of course!) but it adds a nice little thump for such a small package. It's decently built, and at 46 lbs, it's about 20 pounds lighter than one EV. -
Any post-2024 experiences with Canada/US cross-border shipping?
gtone replied to GusS's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I got a mailbox service across the line in MT, get my US purchases sent there and declare them as I re-enter Canada, typically on the same day. Haven't paid any tariffs yet, but I do have reasonable duty and/or sales tax charges that don't add up to much and cuts out the legal pirate trade (aka customs brokers). Should have done this yrs ago as it opens up a lot more gear purchasing opportunities that otherwise sellers would avoid or be leary of. -
Stage Hog cab is coming right along
hamerhead replied to DaveH's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
That still looks great! -
Still have a number of small details to go over, and to staple the grill cloth to the grill frame, but it's getting closer!
-
Any post-2024 experiences with Canada/US cross-border shipping?
RobB replied to GusS's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I purchased a Tokai from a Canadian shop. I paid California sales tax, shipping and (get THIS) Japanese tarriff. I don’t know the policy concerning import of USA items back to America.