Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Today
  2. May I ask why it is called a Zandard? Dot neck instead of Crowned and Bound? Does it apply just to 4 digits?
  3. Sass Jordan, the Montreal-raised rock singer whose career spanned nearly four decades, has died at 63. A post on Jordan's social media page on Saturday says she died the day before, "surrounded by her loving family" and calls her an "inimitable force of nature" and "irreplaceable being of light and joy." A cause of death has not been released. Jordan was born in Birmingham, England, and raised in Montreal. Her debut album, Tell Somebody, was released in 1988, and she won the Juno award for most promising female vocalist of the year in 1989, as well as being nominated several times for best female vocalist. Her second album, Racine, released in 1992, included hits like Make You a Believer. This sucks - I really loved her voice. In the past year or two, she put out a live album from 1994 because Taylor Hawkins was her drummer at the time, and she thought he deserved the recognition. RIP, Sass, and thank you.
  4. Why isn't 0004 Hamer Standard going to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Hamer put Cheap Trick on the map. Cheap Trick put Hamer on the Map. I guess i didnt know Rick needed money this bad. First fires Bunny and hires his son. Now selling iconic items instead of donating to Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame so his fans and future fans could see his guitars, outfits and spirit. To open an account at Julien's to bid. They want a scan of a Govt ID. A Selfie A Biometric scan. They want 25-26% buyers fee, tax and shipping. Bidding $2750 brings it up to $3400 plus tax and shipping. I really love the Hamer Korina Cherry Futura the Key Fob. If anyone is feeling generous... I really like the key fob. https://www.juliensauctions.com/en/items/2297657/rick-nielsen-1999-hamer-futura-electric-guitar-cherry-red https://www.juliensauctions.com/en/items/2297557/rick-nielsen-arman-serra-custom-uncle-dick-key-fob It's an expensive Trick on Cheap Trick Fans. I want to bid on one of two guitars but I'm not giving them a selfie and Biometric scan.
  5. I had one like that. Sold it to fund a Shishkov. But those Seths and the spruce top are wonderful. At some point I'll need to get another Newport. But not today. GLWTS.
  6. I have several friends who are retired cops and homicide detectives. Some of the coolest and most chill dudes I know. They are the anti-bullies. It all comes down to each individual. Life is too short for peeps who make you unhappy or uncomfortable.
  7. Josh winds a killer neck Tele pickup for sure, but my absolute fave is a Rumpelstiltskin Original Black Knight (for both bridge and neck).It is based off the original 1950 Broadcaster neck pickup. Smooth enough for jazz and yet will still bring the rock and blues tones. If you are gonna put an HB sized pickup in there, I’d find a Duncan Double D neck pickup which Hamer put in the Talladega. That is a perfect jazz pickup for those so inclined and skilled. It also does blues very, very well.
  8. Holy shit - this kid is the real deal.
  9. I LOVE the early Alice Cooler Group material.
  10. Somebody buy this and make it truly Rocktober!
  11. Where I got my bookmark idea for the Hamer Bookmark... only made sense to the readers? hahahah
  12. Yesterday
  13. I met Conrad and hung out with him many times at festivals when Venom were on the same bill as us. Just a lovely, down-to-earth Geordie lad who really had no idea how ground-breaking his band had been. Same story with Tom Warrior. He was a big fan of Hell's first incarnation in the 80's - to the extent that he found out where the band's rehearsal room was and just showed up one Saturday afternoon with a friend who was hosting him on his UK trip. The last time I saw him was in 2019 Switzerland at the HR Giger museum in Gruyeres. He was heavily involved with the museum at that time, keeping everythjng going after HR's passing in 2014. Farewell, Cronos. You still owe me three pints - but I'll allow it.
  14. Actually, you’re the third owner after @currypowder and myself.
  15. I’m letting this go for $900 to help cover some medical bills. I’ll also be selling off quite a bit of my gear over the next couple of months. Unfortunately, my health no longer allows me to continue with this hobby the way I’d like to. If anyone is interested in seeing what else I have available, I’m happy to do a video call and show you what I have. I’ll be selling guitars, amps, microphones, and quite a bit more.
  16. "I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by flawless technique or sharkfin picks; whether they have half a $20 or the whole $20; and whether they've swam with the dolphins or been in over 100 fistfights in their life." -- Martin Hamer King Jr., from an epistle to Joe, Ed Rechts and pAnZy, August 28, 1963.
  17. Nathan's vocals remind me of another Guru, Bruce Dickinson. At least in this song.
  18. If you would give him your cash and send me the guitar, that would be really helpful. Downright generous.
  19. Not a Diablo, but a Diablo II. Fantastic guitar. As a guitar it's worth every bit of the asking price, but as a Hamer Diablo II that's very optimistic.
  1. Load more activity
×
×
  • Create New...