-
Posts
31,686 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
495
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by cmatthes
-
Restringing my Les Pauls ASAP...
-
NOS Hamer USA hsc for 1-40 ?
cmatthes replied to pablo's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
The Oilville, VA show is where they had their Cedar Creek Custom Shop for high end cases too. -
Well, THERE'S a blast from the past! Fortunately, I never had any business dealings with that clown, but plenty of folks here (and on TGP) sure did. I wish I could remember a particular one-liner you used as a classic smack-down to one of that guy's fanbois...it was a certifiable entry in the Kiz Hall of Fame!
-
I responded to a post on TGP where several people were complaining that he had taken their deposits (thousands, not hundreds of dollars), and then stopped returning emails and calls before completely blocking communication. I had two friends at the time who were out money to him and knew of a third, and simply posted a warning to check things out first. He sent me a completely unhinged rant via TGP messages threatening to sue me into oblivion and name-dropping some NJ attorney “who has never lost a case”. I reported the threat to TGP and blocked him, and will not take down a 100% truthful comment. The close friend of mine finally got his after seeing the guy selling completed guitars on his website and raising hell/consulting an attorney. He said it was something he didn’t want as soon as he got it because the whole experience had completely tainted the thing.
-
Duuuuude! That’s freaking gorgeous.
-
I’m having a quintuple heart bypass tomorrow
cmatthes replied to Victor (Fret Friend)'s topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Sending all the positive mojo able to be sent directly your way, Vic! Gook luck through the recovery and getting back to your badassed self soon… -
FSA: Jam Checkerboard Wah
cmatthes replied to santellavision's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
For $600, I’ll paint my VOX wah! -
At the time that ad came out, he was maybe a year younger than that pic. 😉
-
HFC Performance Issue - The details if interested.
cmatthes replied to hikarateboy's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Thanks, Ted! As always, yew rawk. 🤘 -
S.I.T. Had a similar issue in the late 90s/Early 2000s. Really damaged the brand.
-
I wish that was the one I caught! Mine was ‘81 with Foghat (and Shooting Star) opening…in the glorious Wicomico Youth and Civic Center. I think we went with Kevin Moore, Carla Varisco, Debbie Hobbs and Kristen Luiken. That part is a little vague! 😂
-
My 1976/1977 Hamer Explorer Bass
cmatthes replied to DantheHamerman's question in Ask the HFC Experts
Without pictures, it's worthless. -
Nope - that was a real ad.
-
I have been called SO much worse...
-
It was probably easier to find a Dean Z than a Standard? Who knows - weird, because that guitar in the pic with Rick doesn't have DiMarzios in it.
-
I think my first "Big" concert was BOC with Foghat. I had seen The Ventures in a small club with my Dad and brother as a kid (they parked us up front and onstage because we were underaged). They were touring machines back then!
-
Scammer alert - here on the HFC.
cmatthes replied to hamerhead's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
It looks like that guy was never admitted as a member, so not sure how that happened. Thanks for the alerts here and via Messenger - account is flagged, blocked and deleted! @hikarateboy- 3 replies
-
- 10
-
-
-
-
That's because there aren't even 3 dudes here who would approve.
-
That's all of 'em.
-
When my son was in Lexington as an undergrad at UK, they did a show on campus (or maybe downtown Lexington?), and he said that it was absolutely unreal how they nailed everything they played. I think he said there were 5-6 core members, but they brought a few other musicians in depending on the song. I’d have really enjoyed seeing that live!