Hamer Fan Club Message Center

This party has officially started

BruceM

lineup.jpg

While taking this picture MC said "one well placed grenade" meaning CMatthes would be left holding the bag. HA!

Seriously, I'm amazed that when Andrew Large and I started this site 10 years ago that a simple message board would lead us to connecting with some of the greatest people, not to mention players we would ever meet. I'm blessed and honored to find and consider you folks my friends. To have two hfc events on the same day is definately one of the 'things that makes me smile'. If you havent been to one of these events or are thinking of having your own, do what ever you can to make the next one. It will change your life. Bruce McBride and everyone else who have held an event, you are my hero!

Jeff R and the rest of the usual suspects, you know who you are, you are awesome!

Life is good no matter what the news may tell you.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What I can say is that Hamer has donated it to the HFC Server Fund.  Tentative plans are that it will be given away by raffle at Bruce McBrides Birthday Jam and official HFC open house at the Minneapolis Eagles Club in October. Winner need not be present to win but you might not want to miss this event. Proceeds will benefit the server fund and another charity(s), Details to be determined and will be posted on the board soon.

Very cool!

Chris, looks like you guys are havin' fun jammin'. Rock on! :o.

+1. Another reason to look forward the the BMBJ!

Thanks again to Bruce - the uber host. Jeff & Chris - it was an honor to meet you, we'll have to hang again some time, that's for sure.

It was great to see everyone again ... I knew missing the last few that I had to make it to this one.

Fun, fun night.

peace,

- Bill

That purple git is VERY COOL! Looks like a great time as always was had out there. Hey-whose blue 8 string is that? Great taste, whosever it is... :o

Tentative plans are that it will be given away by raffle at Bruce McBrides Birthday Jam and official HFC open house at the Minneapolis Eagles Club in October.

When is this Jam in October? I may try & go up to that one. It depends on what weekend it falls on.

Jeff & Chris - it was an honor to meet you, we'll have to hang again some time, that's for sure.

Right back at ya. It was my first time meeting you and Jeff, and thanks to you guys my rig has never sounded better.

Loved the Joe Perry-esque backline: heads, cabs and combos of seemingly every size and configuration piled up randomly and sounding KILLER!

Boy you guys really know how to throw a Jam Session together. It seemed like that was the place to be all right. One of these Jam session I will try to make. With me retireing this comming October I will have more time to devote to going to these.

Grrrr, the 4321 curse struck again! At least nobody died this time, but I was sick as a dog...I wasn't going anywhere on Saturday. Maybe next time... :o

I'm in serious mourning. Everything was perfect for this wknd. My whole family was going for a girls wknd....UNTIL...

My daughter had to hang back because she didn't want to miss practice on the the first wk (swim team). So it was me and her on a daddy/daughter all wknd. It was great that she still wants to do that (14 y/0). I enjoyed myself alot with her. But I felt REALLY, REALLY bad for not being able to come.

You guys looked MARVELOUS!

I have to be careful about taking these parties for granted. I used to think the MUSE CAFE would be there forever too.

Jeff, I feel bad man. Wanted to eat that food...BAD!

later

No excuses in October.

I have to be careful about taking these parties for granted. ...

later

No excuses in October.

Hey Dan,

We missed you. I tried to raffle off the Hawaiin shirt again, but Muse lost the tickets.

You've got another chance. Eric Weston & Jeff are showing up tonight at 7:30 for an impromptu jam. Come on up for that. We need a drummer! :o

Hey all...there's another jam tonight, and I think I found a drummer. Mike should be over. Eric & Jeff will be here around 7:30, and we likely won't play much later than 10:00. Feel free to stop by. This could be another one of those lost jams, with no photo evidence.

Here's a few parting shots from Saturday:

jeff-chris-paparzzi.jpg

No paparazzi, please!

bill-bass-jeff.jpg

As you can see, these two tore it up!

bill-housebroken.jpg

BillW is evidently not housebroken yet. I wondered what that odor was down there.

bill-headstock.jpg

There was also an unfortunate headstock accident.

Well...WHOSE blue 8 string bass is that?!

LOL...that's mine, Serial.

I purchased it earlier this year off a board listing from...damn, can't remember the HFC name...a guy named Randy in upstate New York who had custom-ordered it through Alpep, I believe. It's chambered, and has an incredible figured top and back. Perhaps Al can chime in with the details. I'll try to get some good pics in the sunlight today.

We've started out playing that one at recent jams, but it usually gets replaced fairly early with my 4-string Cruise by some wary bassist-wannabe. :D It got used all night at the last jam, however.

bill-housebroken.jpg

BillW is evidently not housebroken yet. I wondered what that odor was down there.

I was, of course trying to show off my Hamer Motif approved checkerboard shell-toe sneakers.

'That'll do, Donkey'

;-)

I've gotta say, I'm somewhat relieved that this party is officially over. :D

I had a great time hanging last night with Eric and Jeff. The drummer didn't show, but we played for an hour or so anyway. Jeff does a mean Ozzy vocal, let me tell you! And he was great on bass, leading me through the changes of a few STP tunes as I hammered my out rudimentary surf drum beats.

I also had a really fun time hanging at Bunkers with Jeff's new convention friends, trying to pick out just the right man for Cindy.

My liver can't take any more of this, though.

Yet another great weekend with my HFC buddies. It just keeps getting better and better!

Bruce-wuz wondering because it looks (other than the ebony board that I have), just like mine. But hey, I knew ya had great taste in guitars!

Bruce-wuz wondering because it looks (other than the ebony board that I have), just like mine. But hey, I knew ya had great taste in guitars!

Yeah, when I saw that baby in the living room I half expected your silly ass to appear as a surprise guest!

Archived