Hamer Fan Club Message Center

My "Almost" Stolen Hamer

Hamertoe

Today I'm awaiting the arrival of my new Std via FedEx Express. I look out the window to see a FedEx Express truck having trouble climbing the hill in front of my house as we're getting hammered with snow right now. I go out and ask the nice lady if she has a pkg for me. Shes says no. Long story short she delivered it across the street and the nice people accepted it in to their loving home. I'm a bit upset at the sumbitches but at least my guitar is with me now.

As for the neighbors, they've rebuked my every wave and smile since they moved in a couple years ago. Big deal I thought, not my fault they don't want to be friendly. Now I know they're crooked as well as unfriendly and I'll have to act accordingly.

DSCF0581.jpg

When I told the driver that the tall box she had misdelivered was mine she said she'd get it. No questions asked which was scary so I got my track info out to show her. She had to wait a couple minutes at their door but she brought it over, unopened. She never asked for any proof though, big surprise.

:P OK, well these neighbors of your's sound like scum-sucking pig dogs. But how are you sure they were trying to glom your new Hamer, and not planning on bringing it over to you with a big plate of fresh baked cookies?

Today I'm awaiting the arrival of my new Std via FedEx Express. I look out the window to see a FedEx Express truck having trouble climbing the hill in front of my house as we're getting hammered with snow right now. I go out and ask the nice lady if she has a pkg for me. Shes says no. Long story short she delivered it across the street and the nice people accepted it in to their loving home. I'm a bit upset at the sumbitches but at least my guitar is with me now.

As for the neighbors, they've rebuked my every wave and smile since they moved in a couple years ago. Big deal I thought, not my fault they don't want to be friendly. Now I know they're crooked as well as unfriendly and I'll have to act accordingly.

DSCF0581.jpg

Glad it turned out ok! That's an awesome looking Standard, time to rock out, play it really loud to bug those asshole neighbours!

rob b.

Great looking guitar! I wanted to see it while I was at Greg's on Thursday, but it was obscured by Poe's ass.

I'm glad you got it home where it belongs!

One day, I'll tell you "The Story of How UPS Tried to Steal My 1959 Stratocaster."

I suggest investing in a Marshall Stack, or several and then Sunday morning, or some other inappropriate time, like a HS Graduation party, point your stack at the end of the driveway and turn up the knobs to 11.

I get FedEx and UPS boxes intended for my neighbors pretty regularly. 982 looks a lot like 962 on those little bar code labels. I've caught a few as I was about to open them.

Why not cut the neighbors some slack instead of automatically assuming that they intended to steal your guitar? When a delivery comes to your door how much time do you spend studying the address label? Especially around the Holidays, it's common to get deliveries that you don't expect.

In any event, that's a gorgeous guitar - congratulations!

Why not cut the neighbors some slack instead of automatically assuming that they intended to steal your guitar? When a delivery comes to your door how much time do you spend studying the address label? Especially around the Holidays, it's common to get deliveries that you don't expect.

+1. Although if by "act accordingly" you meant "stuff raw chicken breasts in their dryer vent," I hope you went ahead and did that. It's a brilliant maneuver.

Well. I did state "almost" stolen simply because I didn't sit on my ass and wait for confirmation. I guess holding out with my fingers crossed waiting for them to get around to checking the label and hope they'd politely deliver it to my door was an option I hadn't thought of. I saw the truck knowing a package was for me and made sure the driver knew it. The first thing I check is the label then I inspect the condition of the box/contents. Now I understand everyone may not do that but to each his own. The driver knocked on the door at the wrong address, they accepted the pkg no questions asked. Personally I wouldn't do that and I'm suspicious if someone doesn't confirm with the delivery person that a parcel is for them or not. BTW, the label was on the side of the box at the top, very easy to see. :rolleyes:

I dunno, to pull that off they would have had the foresight to sign

for it using a fake name because you or the police could have located

where the package was in about a minute and a half...

but actually, when you think of it, UPS leaving stuff on doorsteps

is pretty scary, they could either either leave it at the wrong house

or, the neighborhood punks can scoff it...

The FedEx driver retrieved the package, she had to knock on the door and wait several minutes for them to answer then wait again while they retrieved it. Fine. I was pretty worked up when it happened because the prospect of losing a guitar seemed fairly drastic to me. Maybe very few have had a close call but for me it was pretty nerve wracking. I may have indicted the neighbors prematurely as a result of the mishandled delivery but I know more of the variables that I won't go in to here. The end result is that I have the guitar. I'm playing the hell out of it and it is amazing! I'm closing the book on this, it turned out well in spite of the initial screw up. Looking forward to a fantastic new year and hope you all have a safe and successful new year as well. Play Hamer!

Archived