Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1995 Hamer USA Special FM in transparent violet that was refinished at the Hamer factory in 2004 (the factory no longer does refinishing); the receipt is still in the case. Serial #542703. Set neck, solid mahogany body with a flame maple cap and rosewood fretboard. Bare Knuckle Mule neck pickup and WCR Fillmore bridge pickup. Tone Pros bridge. Copper lined control cavity for supreme shielding. It has the perfect medium neck on it and everything works as it should. Very clean! Comes with the original hard shell case.

A great American made guitar, top quality, at a fair price. $950 shipped and insured to the Lower 48.

IMG_3804.jpg

IMG_3829.jpg

IMG_3811.jpg

IMG_2922.jpg

IMG_2936.jpg

Thanks for looking!

well that's something that I didn't need to see...the only thing I like better than mid 90's FM Specials are mid 90's Studios...Gonna have to check and see what's in bloom on the money tree this evening...(not holding my breath)...

GORGEOUS GUITAR!!!

well that's something that I didn't need to see...the only thing I like better than mid 90's FM Specials are mid 90's Studios...Gonna have to check and see what's in bloom on the money tree this evening...(not holding my breath)...

GORGEOUS GUITAR!!!

I used to own that one (it's purple...go figure), and it is a real nice FM. That transparent violet color Hamer did in the 90's fades to a grey over time, but they obviously fixed the issue as that FM looks as good as it did the day I got it back from Hamer (refinished back to its original glory). If you buy it Russ the guitar can come full circle like a boomerang back to the area of Upstate that it first came from on the HFC. :D

Somewhere out there floating is a purple FM Special that was made for Frank Rindone. A vintage shop in New York had it on their list back in the '90s and I foolishly passed on it.

Wow! Has this Special FM ever been a trampy little thang. I bought it from hollowskull who is the guy that convinced Hamer to do a factory refin. I sold it to Punkavenger who I believe is the guy who swapped out the OEM pups and did the copper shielding in the control cavity. That Punk, always juicing up his gear with superior aftermarket stuff n professionally/superbly executed. No amateur hackjobs. I don't know who Punk sold it to.

The pics of the top on this guitar do not do justice to its beauty. Its a stunner. Plays great. Good weight. Very comfortable. Its hard to believe this one has not yet found a permanent home.

You will not be disappointed with this axe.

caddie

FM's are one of the sweetest guitars Hamer has ever made and this is one of the best FM's evah. I should never have sold it.

Actually I can't believe Special K is selling it. :D

That BK mule neck pickup is the best I've ever heard, no joke.

Thanks, PA. It is a Special one.

Two reasons I'm selling. I've been getting into a less-is-more philosophy, and been borrowing a beater Alvarez acoustic from a friend. Since I got it, the FM has stayed in its case. Which brings me to reason #2.

Lessee, how can I put this delicately? Oh yeah.

This is TOO MUCH friggin' guitar for me! :D

I'm a bedroom guitarist, and not a very good one to be honest. This Special ROCKS! It's worthy of a stage and a very nice amp. Two things I'll never be able to give it. It really is a pro players guitar and deserves to be in a pro players hands.

A bit more info. All mods to the guitar were done by a pro luthier/tech who knew what he was doing. Superb quality work throughout.

The guitar is easily in 9/10 condition. Lots of fret left, no buckle rash, no hameritis. No issues at all! Some minor pick swirls on the top. One very tiny ding on the back that doesn't go through to the wood.

I will try to get some pics of the back/neck/fretboard up this week.

Again, thanks for looking. She is a sweet one....

Adding:

Sorry, no PayPal. I don't have an account. USPS money order, cashiers check or personal check is fine. I won't ship until payment clears, but I have lots of good referrals on this board.

Guitar will be packed very well.

Thanks for looking.

• 1 year later...

Pulled in to the FS forum and saw the top thread "95 Special FM", saw "SpecialK" and immediately a picture of the Grape Ape popped into my head. Then I looked at the date... ah, I see PA is looking up old girlfriends! Has the HFC become Facebook?! :lol:

Personally, I love purple and I always liked that guitar. I remember PA saying it was the best FM he'd had. Whatever happened to it? Still in the HFC family?

The things about that guitar I really liked were a bit on the intangible side, hard to explain.

For example at night in the dark living room the translucent purple finish would glow around the edges of the maple cap where whatever light was available would shine through it.

And it felt soft yet very smooth (i'm going to get shit for this I know) worn in but actually looking flawless. I believe this is because it was refinished at the factory ... obviously the original finish had been stripped, sanded, wearing down the original wood a bit making the edges just slightly more rounded.

And then a superior purple finish formulation applied

Whoa

:)

Caddie is correct, this one was mine a very long time ago. Quick background for whoever has owned her (or is interested), I scored it off ebay (cheap) from a seller in New York City. It had a badly faded finish (the top was almost turning gray the purple had faded so bad) and a decent sized nick in the headstock, but other than that it was in good shape (if anyone looks REAL close there is a very small discoloration in the headstock where I had a really good luthier fix the chip with some mahogany pre-factory refin). I was fortunate to get it refinished while Hamer was still offering the service (at a very reasonable price I might add). I'm always surprised to see that one go up for sale, it really is a very good guitar that just doesn't seem to find a loving home for long. Had it not been for a purple Studio wraptail I scored off ebay a few months later that was a good 1/2 lb. lighter and had a fuller neck profile (plus wraptails are cool!) I'd probably never have sold that FM.

Archived