Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Your first Hamer - post pics!

cmatthes

Guys,

well I have always been into Hamer.

I first met Paul beginning of the 80ies at the german Musik Messe Fair in Frankfurt.

I got a checkerboard strap back then and one of the small checkerboard Standard lapel pins from Paul and have never owned a Hamer until last year. I still do have the old checker strap....

So last year I bought my first 12 String Bass, see picture. It was a cool bass, but I didn't get used to the short scale that much and soon sold it and got me that black Standard 12.....and am finally infected after that long time with the Hamer bug......

Anyone got any Standard Basses for sale? :-)

Greetz

Oliver

OliverB12S_zpsdb461721.jpgauto_image_db.jpg

I like the Standard Bass

Very minimalistic.

post-102625-0-88553500-1357325790_thumb.

I bought this Hamer used in '96 or so. I still have it. It is a '95.

It replaced an early '90 JP-90 USA Fender with a sloppy neck pocket, gooped on finish (you should have seen the PU cavity), tuner screws drilled/screwed in a different angles, and a light bent steel bridge with saddles that moved around with my heavy handed playing style. It also had pickguard mounted electronics. The pickguard was so thin that the electronics all moved around a bunch when playing it and would break the solders. I replaced the pickguard with a custom cut (by me) piece of aluminium. That worked great. I bought that Fender new - don't know why I walked out of the store with it - must have been the Fender USA thing. I know that Fender was entry level, but it was a piece of junk compared to the cruise bass.

Sorry about the Fender bashing - thinking of my bass of this as my "1st" Hamer reminded me how much I liked this bass compared to my Fender.

I've never had a Hamer case for this, anyone have a Hamer Cruise II Bass case they want to sell me?

Artist Custom bought new, a gift from my wife! Played virtually every single day since I got it.

I refinished my '75 Gibson Marauder, and gave it to my son, making it "absolutely necessary" to finally get a nice guitar. (At least that's what I told my wife). Was gonna finally get a LP. Knowing nothing about good guitars, I contacted Ed Roman, who suggested I get a Hamer instead. That led me to this place, and off I went to the nearest Hamer dealer (2 hours away).

HameronBed2small.jpg

'81 Prototype, purchased used in '93, I believe:

rock_star.jpg

Going by the hat and shirt, were you in the touring ensemble of some 'boy band' back then? :o

I had to look it up to be sure, but it looks like the 'Backstreet Boys' formed in '93. Hmmmmmmm? Inquiring minds want to know. LOL

88 Cali Elite sans bridge pickup... Correction "Cali Custom" at that time I believe...

IMG_0466.jpg

All the others are gone except for the wicked Silhouette

Fuck me Mr Spode, that's one gay strat if ever i've seen one :o

Man, that Cali Custom...

You think that's cool... Get Jem to get his camera out, and go up to his bedroom...

Erm...

I pressume you mean this pair ?

Sorry but i can't get a decent shot of the flame on either of them indoors and it's lashing it down outside so it'll have to surfice.

DSC00411_zps59684963.jpg

My first: 0 1813 that i traded a Korina IC300 (of which i hence found out they only made something like 60 in 1979) plus £75 for in 1984. It already had the handwound Kent Armstrong Rainbow's in it (i got it from Tiger music in Brighton when Kent was still living there before he debunked to the states - often wondered if they're worth anything ?) but oh so foolishly i got Paul Richardson from Fingerbone guitars to stuff the Kahler on it a year later...then discovered i really don't like Kahlers DoH !

Anyway, it's still with me and i doubt i'll ever part with it.

DSC00410_zpsdfb2cc42.jpg

First one - bought it in 2001 - still have it.

I was shopping for a ES335 - couldn't find one I was comfortable with.

This was a wallflower in one of the shops I visited. it was hanging there for 5 years...

Never heard about the brand before buying it for 1000 €.

Has everything - hameritis - pizza fingers and great sound.

DSCN5179_zps498cfe8f.jpg

Man, that Cali Custom...

You think that's cool... Get Jem to get his camera out, and go up to his bedroom...

Erm...

I pressume you mean this pair ?

Sorry but i can't get a decent shot of the flame on either of them indoors and it's lashing it down outside so it'll have to surfice.

[img=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/madlemon/DSC00411_zps59684963.jpg]

Phwoar!

Look what's hiding in the background.....(you did that on purpose didn't you...)

My first was a Cruise bass I found used at a Music store in Fort Walton Beach in 1984. An 83. Some pictures from the time.

kirksquiver.jpg

And a more recent shot. Still have it.

6.jpg

hi everyone ,Im a new member this is my 1st post , and a pic of my first hamer . actually both of my first hamers , as the 1960 tv pictured I bought from Paul Hamer & Jol Danzig at their store Northern Prairie music in wilmette Il around 1974. they were building one guitar at a time back then with no name on the head. the 60 was pauls personal gtr & he was reluctant to sell it . however I could not afford the 54 gold top , the 57 gold top or the 59 flying v he had at that time ( he was asking 1400, 1800 , & 2000 respectively at that time ) . and so I talk him into selling it for 400. looks alot like a hamer special & the body of the newport ! thought maybe you would enjoy this little side note to hamer history. the newport is a 2006 I bought used about a yr ago, & its my new fav. cool site!

Whoa. More pics, please.

After lurking on the forum for about a year I bought this Korean RN Signature in about 2001. With a Pearly Gates in the neck and a Custom 5 in the bridge this guitar is a rocker. I'd probably only ever sell it if I was able to obtain a USA RN signature

RNSig_zps5d41f7d4.jpg

hi everyone ,Im a new member this is my 1st post , and a pic of my first hamer . actually both of my first hamers , as the 1960 tv pictured I bought from Paul Hamer & Jol Danzig at their store Northern Prairie music in wilmette Il around 1974. they were building one guitar at a time back then with no name on the head. the 60 was pauls personal gtr & he was reluctant to sell it . however I could not afford the 54 gold top , the 57 gold top or the 59 flying v he had at that time ( he was asking 1400, 1800 , & 2000 respectively at that time ) . and so I talk him into selling it for 400. looks alot like a hamer special & the body of the newport ! thought maybe you would enjoy this little side note to hamer history. the newport is a 2006 I bought used about a yr ago, & its my new fav. cool site!

Welcomes!

Nice gear on that wall. 'Spect you'll fit right in, here!

Archived