atquinn Posted June 10, 2013 Posted June 10, 2013 Yeah, that one.(more pictures at http://smg.photobucket.com/user/atquinn1975/library/Studio Custom Floyd 2006?sort=3&page=1 )Custom features? Yeah, its got a couple. The obvious ones are the Ebony fretboard with no inlays and the Floyd Rose bridge. Less than obvious (at least from this photo) are the Newport thickness body (1/4" thicker than the standard Studio IIRC) and the rear bellycut. The guitar is in excellent condition with very little fretwear and only one ding that I can detect (a dent in the finish near the toggle which happened while the guitar was being shipped to me). Weighs 8.5 lbs. And of course, comes with the original hardshell case.Pickups are a Suhr SSV Neck and Suhr Aldrich bridge. Otherwise, controls are standard V/V/TYours for $2100 $1900 PP'd and shipped.Thanks for looking.-Austin
coolfeel Posted June 10, 2013 Posted June 10, 2013 Gasp... Thats A Killer Looking Guitar. What Gives?
veatch Posted June 10, 2013 Posted June 10, 2013 All sorts of cool right there. Would be interested if had the money, blah, blah, blah... :/Good luck wth the sale!
atquinn Posted June 10, 2013 Author Posted June 10, 2013 Gasp... Thats A Killer Looking Guitar. What Gives? In true Lethal Weapon fashion, I'm getting "too old for this shit" where the Floyd is concerned - Austin
coolfeel Posted June 10, 2013 Posted June 10, 2013 I bet it is a tone machine!!! Do you have any clips of it in action?
atquinn Posted June 10, 2013 Author Posted June 10, 2013 Sadly no. I haven't recorded anything for years. It was all downhill after I got rid of my Akai DPS12. I just can't deal with recording on a computer for some reason. -Austin
bcsride Posted June 10, 2013 Posted June 10, 2013 I'm getting "too old for this shit" where the Floyd is concerned - Austin Inconceivable!
Ting Ho Dung Posted June 10, 2013 Posted June 10, 2013 May come from my classical days but I love ebony with no markers.
crunchee Posted June 10, 2013 Posted June 10, 2013 Gasp... Thats A Killer Looking Guitar. What Gives? In true Lethal Weapon fashion, I'm getting "too old for this shit" where the Floyd is concerned - Austin Going for a Bigsby instead? Or a Strat style trem? Or none of the above?
atquinn Posted June 11, 2013 Author Posted June 11, 2013 Gasp... Thats A Killer Looking Guitar. What Gives? In true Lethal Weapon fashion, I'm getting "too old for this shit" where the Floyd is concerned - Austin Going for a Bigsby instead? Or a Strat style trem? Or none of the above? I still love trems, but they're not as essential as they used to be. I play my blue Studio Custom the majority of the time and I don't miss it much. My Daytona's got a Mannmade trem that's great and the Suhr has a Gotoh trem with similar range to the Floyd thanks to the back-routing (not the tuning stability though, but I don't go too nuts with it, so that's not much of an issue). - Austin
atquinn Posted June 15, 2013 Author Posted June 15, 2013 As promised, more pics (in the first post)-Austin
bpwilson Posted July 3, 2013 Posted July 3, 2013 Any chance you'd like to do a trade for this Willcutt one of a kind?
Ting Ho Dung Posted July 3, 2013 Posted July 3, 2013 Any chance you'd like to do a trade for this Willcutt one of a kind?Wow! What is the story behind that one? I'm sure everyone else knows but me.
atquinn Posted July 3, 2013 Author Posted July 3, 2013 I used to own that one a few years (and evidently a pickup change or two) back! Thanks for the offer, but I've got my blue SC dialed in perfectly, not need for another one. Unless it's got P90's - Austin
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.