Crwth145 Posted February 11, 2015 Posted February 11, 2015 Dang! Thank Gawd it has a pickguard. I'm out. Oh, the potential...
devrock Posted February 11, 2015 Posted February 11, 2015 Can someone tell me the exact stain color used on that Standard? I know it's the typical "Korina" finish, but can't seem to find out what is used anywhere online...
HamStd Posted February 11, 2015 Posted February 11, 2015 Can someone tell me the exact stain color used on that Standard? I know it's the typical "Korina" finish, but can't seem to find out what is used anywhere online... That's called "Jol's Stank".... oh wait wrong thread. Peter
gretsch8217 Posted February 13, 2015 Posted February 13, 2015 I'd also like to know what shop this is. I'm interested in the Standard if it hasn't been snatched up yet.
Caddie Posted February 13, 2015 Posted February 13, 2015 There is a reflection on the back. There are not any scars on the back of this Studio. If it only had a wraptail. This guitar has been uglyfied by someone thoughtlessly drilling 2 extra holes to accommodate a tail. (slowly shakes head and mumbles) "Oh the horror, the horror."
gretsch8217 Posted February 23, 2015 Posted February 23, 2015 Hi All, Just wanted to follow up on this thread and to thank Steve for bringing the Korina Standard to my attention. I was lucky enough to be able to purchase this guitar, and boy is it a beauty. It's a 2004, which made it even more appealing to me, as I own a 2004 Special Korina Jr. They are several hundred units apart in serial number, but are both magnificent guitars. They are both light and very resonant and effortless to play. One (of many) things I always liked about Hamer guitars is their consistency of quality. I never have to worry about getting a bad Hamer. Can't say the same about the big G guitars, of which I own several. A special thank you goes out to Chris at the Guitar Shop in Anderson, SC. Chris is one of the nicest people of I've ever had the pleasure to deal with. He is extremely accommodating and he even picked up the cost of shipping. How often does that happen?! He also speaks highly of Steve and knows him well. Chris did mention that, since he used to be a Hamer dealer, he does anticipate additional pieces to pass through his store. If you're interested in keeping abreast of his inventory, I would suggest 'Liking' the store's Facebook page. Once again, thank you to Steve for bringing this beautiful piece to my attention. I was really surprised (but glad)that no one else snatched it up! Regards, Vic
Hfan Posted February 23, 2015 Posted February 23, 2015 Hi All,Just wanted to follow up on this thread and to thank Steve for bringing the Korina Standard to my attention. I was lucky enough to be able to purchase this guitar, and boy is it a beauty. It's a 2004, which made it even more appealing to me, as I own a 2004 Special Korina Jr. They are several hundred units apart in serial number, but are both magnificent guitars. They are both light and very resonant and effortless to play. One (of many) things I always liked about Hamer guitars is their consistency of quality. I never have to worry about getting a bad Hamer. Can't say the same about the big G guitars, of which I own several.A special thank you goes out to Chris at the Guitar Shop in Anderson, SC. Chris is one of the nicest people of I've ever had the pleasure to deal with. He is extremely accommodating and he even picked up the cost of shipping. How often does that happen?! He also speaks highly of Steve and knows him well. Chris did mention that, since he used to be a Hamer dealer, he does anticipate additional pieces to pass through his store. If you're interested in keeping abreast of his inventory, I would suggest 'Liking' the store's Facebook page.Once again, thank you to Steve for bringing this beautiful piece to my attention. I was really surprised (but glad)that no one else snatched it up!Regards,VicCongrats Vic..and kudos to Steve..cool example of HFC teamwork. What about the Studio?
gretsch8217 Posted February 23, 2015 Posted February 23, 2015 I do not know the status of the Studio.
gorch Posted February 23, 2015 Posted February 23, 2015 Dang! Thank Gawd it has a pickguard. I'm out. Oh, the potential... I think I missed out on the Standard, because I did not see any guitar in the pic. Just the typical BCR_Greg irritational camera lead.
devrock Posted February 23, 2015 Posted February 23, 2015 "Vintage Korina" ("VK")Sorry. Not the catalog/finish name. But the actual COLOR of stain used to for this finish. Is it just yellow?
cmatthes Posted February 23, 2015 Posted February 23, 2015 As near as I can tell, it's a trans yellow or ambered clear. So, "Goldenrod", if you're going by the Crayola 64/Mitch descriptor.
hamer_sunburst Posted February 24, 2015 Posted February 24, 2015 A Gibson Korina like this is in the >$6-7K region! They are historic 58 RIsWould love to have a korina explorer as well!And that studio looks awesome too! What is the price of the studio?
Biz Prof Posted February 24, 2015 Posted February 24, 2015 As near as I can tell, it's a trans yellow or ambered clear.So, "Goldenrod", if you're going by the Crayola 64/Mitch descriptor.Better than Periwinkle, eh? Or Raw Sienna?
gretsch8217 Posted February 24, 2015 Posted February 24, 2015 "A Gibson Korina like this is in the >$6-7K region! They are historic 58 RIs"I can vouch for this. I was interested in the 58 Korina Explorer ('98 model) at Grinning Elk. He has it listed for 7.5K. His best price was $6875. Since I could buy three Korina Standards for that kind of money, I wisely chose the Hamer.
Hfan Posted February 25, 2015 Posted February 25, 2015 I do not know the status of the Studio.It may have popped up on e bay..too rich for my blood and quilt is not my preferencehttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Hamer-USA-Custom-Studio-2000-model-Quilt-Top-Excellent-Condition-Alligator-Case-/221700473682?pt=Guitar&hash=item339e60c352
Steve Haynie Posted February 25, 2015 Author Posted February 25, 2015 I got the year wrong on the Studio. Sorry. The top is better looking in person than those photos. It has the "wow" factor. Gretsch8217, congratulations on getting that Standard. Do not let it be a case queen! Play it!
gretsch8217 Posted February 26, 2015 Posted February 26, 2015 'Do not let it be a case queen! Play it!'No worries there Steve!
LordOfTheThighs Posted February 27, 2015 Posted February 27, 2015 Pics of your new guitar aren't loading.
gretsch8217 Posted February 27, 2015 Posted February 27, 2015 I haven't posted any.I will take some once the weather breaks. Still very cold with lots of snow still on the ground here in the Northeast. I don't like to shoot pics indoors with a flash, as they never come out the way I would like them to.
gorch Posted February 27, 2015 Posted February 27, 2015 Pics of your new guitar aren't loading. I thought the same.
gretsch8217 Posted April 13, 2015 Posted April 13, 2015 The weather has finally broke up here in the Northeast and I was able to snap a few pics in natural light. I made a few minor, reversible changes. I switched from the black knobs to the amber and I installed an ABR-1 bridge. The ABR-1 sits on a set of conversion posts. The Duncan 59's sound great and will stay. From my experience, 59's work really well in Korina wood guitars.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.