ARM OF HAMER Posted January 23, 2017 Posted January 23, 2017 Just posting no connection to the guitar or the seller. Can't be many of these around.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hamer-USA-Custom-Shop-7-String-Monaco-Super-Pro-Guitar-Flametop-Celtic-Inlays-/272531647770?hash=item3f7426ed1a:g:PoIAAOSw2xRYhVp3
Biz Prof Posted January 23, 2017 Posted January 23, 2017 While I am not at all into 7-string guitars, I am intrigued that such a SuperPro exists. Perhaps Mr. Shishkov recalls something about it and will chime in.
donner Posted January 23, 2017 Posted January 23, 2017 Headstock looking quite a little Heritagey, ah?
bubs_42 Posted January 23, 2017 Posted January 23, 2017 Thats why we "Never say never" here. Just when you say, "They didn't do that" one appears out of nowhere. Hamer did just about everything and anything.
kizanski Posted January 23, 2017 Posted January 23, 2017 5 hours ago, donner said: Headstock looking quite a little Heritagey, ah? Please leave.
cynic Posted January 23, 2017 Posted January 23, 2017 It's a bit of a contradiction in my mind, but being a one-off under $2k, I'm surprised no one has pulled the trigger.
Ting Ho Dung Posted January 23, 2017 Posted January 23, 2017 No serial #? Do one-offs not get a serial #?
cynic Posted January 23, 2017 Posted January 23, 2017 2 minutes ago, Ting Ho Dung said: No serial #? Do one-offs not get a serial #? Hamer made so few 7-string guitars they didn't serialize them. They were just logged as "that one" and "the other one".
Ting Ho Dung Posted January 23, 2017 Posted January 23, 2017 Damn, and I was just in Orangeburg a few weeks ago.
Ting Ho Dung Posted January 23, 2017 Posted January 23, 2017 Wonder why they moved the switch to the first knob position.
currypowder Posted January 23, 2017 Posted January 23, 2017 7 strings don't interest me, but that's a pretty cool piece. Is it possible that there is a serial number, but the finish and pic is just too dark to pick it up? One question, though. How in the hell does such a unique custom order get separated from its original hard case.
kizanski Posted January 23, 2017 Posted January 23, 2017 29 minutes ago, currypowder said: How in the hell does such a unique custom order get separated from its original hard case. This is a phenomenon which used to drive the late Ken Jones out of his mind: Rare or one-off guitars getting separated from their cases. And, yeah, my guess is there is a serial number, but you just can't see it in the photos. I never really liked the trans black finish, I wouldn't have the first idea what to do with a 7 string guitar, and I already have the only Super-Pro that I could ever need. So why do I want this guitar so much?
MCChris Posted January 23, 2017 Posted January 23, 2017 10 minutes ago, kizanski said: I never really liked the trans black finish, I wouldn't have the first idea what to do with a 7 string guitar, and I already have the only Super-Pro that I could ever need. So why do I want this guitar so much? To expand the FACKYO product line?
kizanski Posted January 23, 2017 Posted January 23, 2017 1 minute ago, MCChris said: To expand the FACKYO product line? It could hang next to this.
Studio Custom Posted January 23, 2017 Posted January 23, 2017 41 minutes ago, kizanski said: So why do I want this guitar so much? It's a fantasy, like a threesome, until you learn she was thinking a second guy.
kizanski Posted January 23, 2017 Posted January 23, 2017 1 hour ago, Studio Custom said: It's a fantasy, like a threesome, until you learn she was thinking a second guy. Ouch.
Studio Custom Posted January 23, 2017 Posted January 23, 2017 8 minutes ago, kizanski said: Ouch. Could turn into a real pain in the ass depending on the role you're assigned.
anotherfreak Posted January 23, 2017 Posted January 23, 2017 That's AWESOME!!!! I got a quote for a 7-String Monaco/Improv hybrid from Dave over at Rocketeria. First I was surprised they said YES, and second, it was a pretty reasonable quote
Steve Haynie Posted January 23, 2017 Posted January 23, 2017 The seller is a couple of hours away. If someone wants that guitar picked up in person and avoid UPS and FedEX shipping, I want to drive down to Florida to see friends or make another trip over to Nashville. Trips into Virginia or the Ohio state line are not out of the question. I promise not to wear out the strings before getting the guitar in your hands.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.