Steve Haynie Posted October 19, 2019 Posted October 19, 2019 There is a local music store that took in a 1978 Gibson SG Custom that is as near new as you will get for a 41 year old guitar. There are no pick swirls on the three gold pickup covers. The walnut finish is shiny. The store owner said there is a mark on the back. It does not matter. If you are looking for something virtually unplayed this is the one. The price is $3500. The store should be able to provide photos. PM me for the store contact info.
HoboMan Posted October 19, 2019 Posted October 19, 2019 Not interested but curious, is there an issue with just posting the guitar store's name here? Are you getting a commission on the sale?
Steve Haynie Posted October 19, 2019 Author Posted October 19, 2019 7 minutes ago, HoboMan said: Not interested but curious, is there an issue with just posting the guitar store's name here? Are you getting a commission on the sale? I would like for the regular HFC members to get first crack rather than just posting something for the lurkers. I will respond to any PM, but people like yourself are regular participants. You should get the first opportunity. No commission for me, either.
HoboMan Posted October 19, 2019 Posted October 19, 2019 OK, gotcha. Would love to have that guitar but wallet is on the thin side right now.
ARM OF HAMER Posted October 20, 2019 Posted October 20, 2019 If it is in that great of condition that would be the one to have. I had a cherry SG Custom back in the day and it was a excellent guitar................. but...........................I always wanted one in the white finish.
HamStd Posted October 21, 2019 Posted October 21, 2019 Steve, Do you mind sending me info on the guitar. Hamstd@gmail.com. I'm buying right now. Thanks Peter
Camstone Posted October 21, 2019 Posted October 21, 2019 The asking price is pretty close to what the street price would have been new in 1978 (adjusted for the 293% inflation). I was selling new Gibsons in 1978. This one looks like a closet queen to me..
DaveH Posted October 21, 2019 Posted October 21, 2019 4 hours ago, Camstone said: The asking price is pretty close to what the street price would have been new in 1978 (adjusted for the 293% inflation). I was selling new Gibsons in 1978. This one looks like a closet queen to me.. I remember one of the slogans back around that time... "A Gibson SG. For Half a G".
RobB Posted October 23, 2019 Posted October 23, 2019 Beautiful instrument in amazing original condition. It looks unplayed!
scottcald Posted October 23, 2019 Posted October 23, 2019 Looks great. Haven't seen the gold with walnut before, very cool.
joshoowah Posted October 23, 2019 Posted October 23, 2019 1 hour ago, scottcald said: Looks great. Haven't seen the gold with walnut before, very cool. My guitar teacher (29 years ago) had one exactly like this, but 2 pickups and rosewood/small blocks instead of the ebony/big blocks on a custom. Walnut finish and gold hardware looks great on an SG! (And Jim's guitar is why I still prefer rosewood with small blocks!)
crunchee Posted October 24, 2019 Posted October 24, 2019 Nice...but I wouldn't want to be the one to put the first big ding in it.
hamerhead Posted October 24, 2019 Posted October 24, 2019 On 10/21/2019 at 1:14 PM, Camstone said: .....This one looks like a closet queen to me.. Has to be - the gold plating comes off of those if you just look at it too hard.
gtrdaddy Posted October 24, 2019 Posted October 24, 2019 That's a beautiful piece @Steve Haynie! Wow!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.