JustKid Posted October 26, 2020 Posted October 26, 2020 Noticed this very nice Daytona on GC website. Somewhat reasonably priced for perfect condition with the case. I'd grab it in a heartbeat if I didn't have 2. No aff. obviously. https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Hamer/Daytona-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar.gc
killerteddybear Posted October 26, 2020 Posted October 26, 2020 Careful! This could be a Florida Man guitar.
mrjamiam Posted October 26, 2020 Posted October 26, 2020 45 minutes ago, killerteddybear said: Careful! This could be a Florida Man guitar. Port St. Lucie. But not Isle of Lucie.
topekatj Posted October 26, 2020 Posted October 26, 2020 23 minutes ago, benjammin308 said: Someone got it. What was the price? $799.99. I was looking hard at it, but the posting listed this (used) item as 'backordered', whatever that means in Guitar Center-speak. It looked to be a blond finish (not the clear white) with a rosewood fingerboard. It looked clean, though someone had changed the knobs and pickup covers from white to cream colored. And, the volume knob was labelled TONE.
P Franco Posted October 27, 2020 Posted October 27, 2020 I did it! First Daytona so I guess I’ll see how it compares to my Strats.
ptm1diver Posted October 27, 2020 Posted October 27, 2020 2 hours ago, P Franco said: I did it! First Daytona so I guess I’ll see how it compares to my Strats. Congratulations. I have a few.
JustKid Posted October 27, 2020 Author Posted October 27, 2020 4 hours ago, P Franco said: I did it! First Daytona so I guess I’ll see how it compares to my Strats. Congrats. Glad I could help !!!
kizanski Posted October 27, 2020 Posted October 27, 2020 1 minute ago, ptm1diver said: Post some pictures. Better than the Guitar Center photos? Surely you jest.
P Franco Posted October 27, 2020 Posted October 27, 2020 3 hours ago, JustKid said: Congrats. Glad I could help !!! Thank you!!!
P Franco Posted October 27, 2020 Posted October 27, 2020 2 hours ago, ptm1diver said: Post some pictures. I bought online, it ships out today. Expecting it to arrive early next week, I’ll try to get some pics.
P Franco Posted October 30, 2020 Posted October 30, 2020 The Daytona arrived earlier than expected! Looks like it was barely touched. Mother of toilet seat fret markers too j/k.
P Franco Posted October 30, 2020 Posted October 30, 2020 Couldn’t upload higher resolution pics. I’ll try again later.
Boomerang~Junkie Posted October 31, 2020 Posted October 31, 2020 Great guitar - great get, congratulations! I have its maple necked twin. Word of warning. . . . . you'll love it. And then suddenly you realize all of your favorite Strats have real competition. Great case too, almost looks "ghost checkered" just like mine does? A full review is customary you know. 😏
HamerCustomEr Posted October 31, 2020 Posted October 31, 2020 Wow! What a great deal for a beautiful instrument!
topekatj Posted November 3, 2020 Posted November 3, 2020 What's your consensus on the Daytona @P Franco? Like, dislike, heavy, light?
P Franco Posted November 3, 2020 Posted November 3, 2020 6 hours ago, topekatj said: What's your consensus on the Daytona @P Franco? Like, dislike, heavy, light? This may not be very helpful but.... So, I’m really liking the finish (neck/body really comfortable). Still getting a feel for the pickups (i still haven’t pulled the pick guard off). The weight ????? I don’t have a good/precise scale but it does feel a little on the heavier side - which I don’t mind. I should probably get a good scale - any recommendations? For what it’s worth, I picked up a T51 about a month ago from DGS and that one just jumped out and sang to me straight away. Bonded with it quickly!
topekatj Posted November 4, 2020 Posted November 4, 2020 56 minutes ago, P Franco said: This may not be very helpful but.... So, I’m really liking the finish (neck/body really comfortable). Still getting a feel for the pickups (i still haven’t pulled the pick guard off). The weight ????? I don’t have a good/precise scale but it does feel a little on the heavier side - which I don’t mind. Thanks for the reply. Since it appears that the pickup covers and knobs were replaced I'd be curious if the pickups were changed from the original Duncans. Let us know what you find under the pickguard, the Duncans will have telltale stickers on the bottom. As far as the weight goes, the weights of the Daytona's and T-52's varied greatly and it doesn't matter what the scale says, your body will tell you if it's too heavy (said the man who owns a 1980 LP Standard <ME>). I play sitting down so it doesn't matter as much, but many people prefer a lighter guitar.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.