Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Stop me before I buy again! Tommy Thayer owned 1984 Standard for sale at Guitarpoint

7 minutes ago, 79Sunburst said:

Obviously not affiliated: https://guitarpoint.de/en/electric/hamer/1984-hamer-standard-black-ex-tommy-thayer-kiss/

Nice battle scars. Bound, too bad it's not crowned. 

Ahhh!!!  LOVE that!!!  The bound neck with the dots and the black body is perfect. I think that the crowns would be too much. It would offset the subtlety of the black finish. GET IT!!!

4,197.48 Euro equals $5,110.22. Isn't that like pretty inexpensive for an unmodified 4-digit? I realize the finish is a bit rough, but it's cool. Personally don't care about the pedigree, just seems like kind of a bargain regardless of history.

1 minute ago, Tortious said:
4,197.48 Euro equals $5,110.22. Isn't that like pretty inexpensive for an unmodified 4-digit? I realize the finish is a bit rough, but it's cool. Personally don't care about the pedigree, just seems like kind of a bargain regardless of history.

It's reasonable. I just don't want to sell another guitar to buy it. Or tap into money I may need while this pandemic crap is going on. 

5 hours ago, The Shark said:

I paid 6K for 0221 from Bubs.  Not ashamed.  Just didn't want it to get away.  That, my friends, is the correct mind-set...

I hear ya. The refin/retopped 1981 Standard that I bought from Music Zoo was considered to be priced too high at the 5,500 that I paid for it.  I understand that it is preferable to have one that is all original but the original green burst with the Kahler was just awful to me.

Being that it was restored at the Hamer factory and done so beautifully, it doesn't seem any different from an original to me. The reason I bought it was the top. I have never seen a top as remarkable as that on a Standard. The only ones that look as good are the Shishkovs.   

10 years from now, the guitar that I "overpaid" for at 5,500 will be worth 10k or more. 

4 minutes ago, Floyden said:

Can anybody show me a picture where Tommy plays it?

The closest I've found is where Jeff Warner is playing a black standard with black pickups.

Haven't found it either. I googled Tommy Thayer Black n Blue 1980's with no results. I couldn't care less if he owned it to be honest. I am an Ace Frehley fan anyway. Tommy seems to be a nice guy and he plays Ace's parts lick for lick. 

I like the Black worn  finish with the aging of the pickup rings and binding. Cool guitar! If you bought it at least you would know it would get here in one piece in that flight case.

29 minutes ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

I like the Black worn  finish with the aging of the pickup rings and binding. Cool guitar! If you bought it at least you would know it would get here in one piece in that flight case.

Probably 300 or more to ship to the U.S. from Deutschland and it would probably be in customs for a week. 

13 hours ago, Tortious said:

Absolutely.  Worth it even if it was previously owned by Me. 

11 minutes ago, singlehum said:

It sold only a couple of hours ago.

If anyone here bought this before I could do it, I am not mad, but I will call dibs if you ever sell it.  I posted the link because I knew I would buy it before the weekend was up lol. 

@79Sunburst I use to own that guitar.  It plays great.  Sorry you missed it, it was very reasonably priced. Hold tight as I am pretty sure they are going to get a super nice standard in. 😀  Likely alot more $$ though.

If you are looking for a 4 digit and want to avoid the overseas transaction, drop me a line.  I can set you up.  Drop me a line at [email protected]

Peter

17 minutes ago, HamStd said:

@79Sunburst I use to own that guitar.  It plays great.  Sorry you missed it, it was very reasonably priced. Hold tight as I am pretty sure they are going to get a super nice standard in. 😀  Likely alot more $$ though.

If you are looking for a 4 digit and want to avoid the overseas transaction, drop me a line.  I can set you up.  Drop me a line at [email protected]

Peter

Thanks Peter.

I want a 70's or early to mid 80's  black Standard bound and crowned, it has to be the original frets with binding nibs. I may never have the opportunity to pick one up but I check daily to see if one comes available. If that one had crowns, I would have simply bought it. 

Archived