Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA 1978 Hamer Sunburst B&C

59 minutes ago, P Franco said:

Damn awesome example, wonder what the total cost would be if they’d even ship to the USA.  ** Nevermind - local pickup only**

Whatever a round trip ticket goes for.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Joe mama said:

I want to buy it , don't know how

Hence, my inquiry.
Anyone willing to help get this to the states? I like it. How’s the description read on this? All good? Thanks  

Dave

8 hours ago, Hamer Dave said:

Anyone willing to help get this to the states? I like it. How’s the description read on this? All good? Thanks  

Dave

It says it's an attic find, has some marks but no breaks and is in very good condition. They say it was made between 1977-1979 (first digit looks like an 8 ) and that they are well aware of the value of the guitar and what it goes for.  Local pick up only.

I would have loved to check it out but it's too far away for me. Maybe someone else can? I doubt it's going to last long but it's nice to see a guitar like this show up every once in a while.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cornjulio said:

It says it's an attic find, 

I would guess an attic in Germany would be pretty damp huh?.. hence the tarnished/pitted chrome?.. still an awesome guitar though, especially for a 46 year old guitar👌 

Screenshot_20240211_055640_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Dave Scepter
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, cornjulio said:

It says it's an attic find, has some marks but no breaks and is in very good condition. They say it was made between 1977-1979 (first digit looks like an 8 ) and that they are well aware of the value of the guitar and what it goes for.  Local pick up only.

I would have loved to check it out but it's too far away for me. Maybe someone else can? I doubt it's going to last long but it's nice to see a guitar like this show up every once in a while.

Dave

love to get that… 🤞🙏

$372 Cheap Flights from Chicago (ORD) to Paris (CDG)

Bundle Your Flight + Hotel & Save!

• Like 3

On 2/11/2024 at 2:03 PM, Hbom said:

$372 Cheap Flights from Chicago (ORD) to Paris (CDG)

Bundle Your Flight + Hotel & Save!

And how close will this take me? 
I’ve some vacation time I need to burn. Seriously, may make for an interesting trip. Where precisely is the guitar located? I’m game. 👍 

• Like 1

The owner is in Mietingen, a town of about 5,000 people in Baden-Wurttemberg which is in southern Germany. Her listing makes it clear that she has done her homework and that therefore the price is non-negotiable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Bear said:

Her listing makes it clear that she has done her homework and that therefore the price is non-negotiable.

$3225 US is actually a really good price.  

It would still make a one day trip overall for me. 6hours net driving from my door. That Judith built fences with her words. Attic find probably means, she doesn’t know anything about guitars, but made her homework on the value. I had seen the ad already and went on for the price alone. 

Flight to Stuttgart, Germany, and train to Mietingen would be the most efficient, I think.

PM @boundandcrowned. He is living in Stuttgart and could probably help.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Dave Scepter said:

I got~

Screenshot_20240215_034925_Google.jpg

These rates are funny.

Should I take the non-stop flight or pay another dollar for a two hour stopover in Philly?

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, kizanski said:

These rates are funny.

Should I take the non-stop flight or pay another dollar for a two hour stopover in Philly?

The worst is when they suggest a filght that goes 2 or 3 hours in the other direction, layover for a couple hours, then to your destination. 

• Like 2

On 2/15/2024 at 10:58 AM, kizanski said:

These rates are funny.

Take the non-stop flight. It says only +21% emissions.  You'll get a great guitar And save the planet.

19 minutes ago, Cboss said:

+21% emissions? Don't serve the beans and rice then 🤣

I think they use rice and beans as a reserve power source

• Like 1