-
Posts
3,346 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by LordOfTheThighs
-
FS - 07 Standard Custom
LordOfTheThighs replied to BPF's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Thats a beaut. (I love Explorer shaped guitars.) -
FS 06 Zandard
LordOfTheThighs replied to bubs_42's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Somebody is gonna be super happy when they pop open the case. Awesome looking Standard. -
Unexpected acquisition right before Xmas.
LordOfTheThighs replied to zorrow's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Great score on the Czech V. A lot of guitar for the $$$. My Dean ... Not korina, but a pretty nice Dean Time Capsule Z. I really like this guitar. V carve neck. Pretty comfortable. I had never played a V carve before, but I like it. -
Another sign of "no love" for Hamers
LordOfTheThighs replied to Hgb5000's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I "got my wings" a while back. And I bought a Dean Time Capsule Z. LOL (I've always like the Dean headstocks, myself). Really nice guitar. I think Dean's marketing is the polar opposite of Hamer's. (ie ... geared towards the younger crowd of players). Hamer has become the "Buick" of electric guitars, imo, with the latest crop of styling. Nice, classy, well built, expensive and the guitar that my 68 year old dad would drive ... err play. No offense to those who dig them, just not my cup of joe. -
What was your first Hamer?
LordOfTheThighs replied to Feynman's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Pearl White Blitz, (3 tuners per side headstock). Purchased the summer of '84. -
Guitar "Closet" picture
LordOfTheThighs replied to Nathan of Brainfertilizer Fame's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
HayBurners Hmmmm .... that'd make a good name for a band. Nice looking bunch of hawses. -
Congrats! Rawk that mutha! Was the cat playing some Ted Nugent ?
-
To cold outside for pics, but it Sunny inside!
LordOfTheThighs replied to bubs_42's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Effin Beautiful Guitars! Especially that Standard. -
No, it doesn't make you look fat. BUT, you make the guitar look tiny. j/k! I keed, I keed. I can't recall ever seeing a Bigsby on Artist before. Looks cool. Very nice.
-
What a piece of shit. As with any famous person there are going to be supporters filling the Internet with accounts of how the accusers lied, and that has happened in the case of Artimus Pyle. The guy got off with no jail time, so maybe a judge suspected something was not right at the trial. It is all speculation, but in Florida I doubt they let child molesters off easy. Typically if you plead guilty, you get a reduced sentence. And celebrities, get an extra light penalty. Be that as it may, if he did indeed commit the crime, he IS a piece of shit. I'm not the a huge LS fan, but I'd never heard that he'd been convicted of those type of crimes. (Scratch Gomer off my Christmas card list).
-
What a piece of shit.
-
I remember seeing Pyle on a TV show, talking about the agreed number of original players it takes to keep the LS name, and IIRC, the number he was throwing around was 4. At the the time of the interview, Rossington, Leon, and Billy were the only "originals" in the band, and he was pissed that they were skirting the agreement.
-
A sad day in the music world.
-
Gibson Les Paul / brand names etc. rant
LordOfTheThighs replied to ZR's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
ZR ... no need to apologize for liking (your) Gibson. I've owned 3 LPs. A '89 Custom, '94 Classic, and '02 R8. All 3 were / are very nice guitars. Some ppl like to bag on Gibson, and later pull their Hameritis, errr, Hamer out. This is a Hamer forum and as can be expected, anything other than a Hamer will probably be viewed as inferior. As I've said before, my R8 is my "stranded on a desert island" guitar. I LOVE my Hamers, but I'm also a fan of Gibson Historics. IMO, Hamers are more comparable to the Historics, in that they're both higher end pieces. -
Happy Birthday to the MUSE!
LordOfTheThighs replied to Thundernotes's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Happy Birthday !!! -
How about a Big Kahuna Burger?
-
'97 Standard Custom
LordOfTheThighs replied to David B's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Hate to see you have to ditch such a nice guitar. I had a '97 Standard myself. Superb instrument. Good Luck! -
Happy Birthday Cajunboy!
LordOfTheThighs replied to Brewmaster's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Happy Birthday! -
FS/FT USA Artist
LordOfTheThighs replied to Rocktuna's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
WOW ... Awesome top on that. -
Happy birthday shoutout for Poe
LordOfTheThighs replied to Jem's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Have a Great B-Day. -
New Ebay Feedback Rules
LordOfTheThighs replied to santellavision's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Roy makes a good point. Cases like his example are totally legit. To echo Armitage .... My issue is that I ALWAYS pay immediately with PayPal. I uphold my end of the deal as soon as I make the decision to buy. Then I get an email saying that I need to leave positive feedback first, and THEN they'll leave positive feedback for me. Excuse me, but I've already shown my integrity by completing my end of the bargain from the get-go. It's just so that those type of sellers can crap on your feedback if THEY don't fulfill their end, when you ring them up on their feedback. I like Ebay. Lots of good deals if you play your cards right. -
Where's your shoes? Where are ya playing at .... Kentucky or West Virginia? Nice Strat btw.