-
Posts
29,492 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1,000
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by hamerhead
-
Reverb - does this sound scammy?
hamerhead replied to tommy p's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
What about the breaking kneecaps part? -
Reverb - does this sound scammy?
hamerhead replied to tommy p's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
What happens if you refuse to ship and just refund his money? Does Reverb send hired goons to break your kneecaps? Sounds sketchy as hell. Good luck with it. -
My go-to has been the 'Lil Texas' from Eminence. 5.8 lbs and a little harsh at first, but breaks-in nicely. The Deluxe Tone Master has a Jensen N-12K Neo which I thought about swapping, but it works really well in there. Neos are the shit. Big fan.
-
Cheech & Chong Signature Guitar Cables
hamerhead replied to santellavision's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
One night our singer forgot the words to 'Walk This Way' and guess where he substituted lines from...... -
Cheech & Chong Signature Guitar Cables
hamerhead replied to santellavision's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
-
I always liked that crunchy sound they made when you step on them.
-
Current unit is too harsh (of course) and I'd like to do a single-size humbucker of some kind (no butchery allowed). It has to maintain a good in-between tone when in the 4th position as that gets used the most. Or is there another way to lose that harshness from the current pickup? What say ye?
-
I haven't played out in a while but it was always 2-3 guitars, a big pedalboard, and 2 amps, with an amp and tiny pedalboard in the car for backups. Today we're doing a thing (house-band-at-a-jam kinda thing) and my gear consists of what will do the job with the least amount of weight - 1 guitar (Daytona), 1 amp (Fender Deluxe Tone Master) and a significantly down-sized board. One trip, bare bones, no backups. It's the first time I've ever chosen gear simply by weight over my usual comfort-food heavy-ass go-to pieces. Anyone else doing that? It feels weird, but I'm the only person who will notice or give a shit.
-
If you needed to grunt another amp, find one of these: Motion Sound AR-112 Sidewinder. It's 100W (S.S.) with a rotating baffle, about 40 lbs., and does a great (but subtle) real-life Leslie without breaking your back. I've used one at every gig for about 20 years under a variety of Fender amps. You can set the stop, slow, fast and ramp speeds, and the EQ and gain controls are enough to let you find a sweet spot with whatever amp you're using. As a stand-alone amp, it's a little boxy (for my taste). But as an add-on, it literally adds another dimension. Underrated and overlooked. It won't fit on your pedalboard, though.
-
Try this next time the Sweetwater rep calls you.
hamerhead replied to Stike's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I told the guy that every time he calls I catch hell from my wife. He stopped calling. -
^^^All that makes the dowel-and-plastic-thingy look a lot more appealing.
-
- 70 replies
-
- 12
-
-
-
-
- 70 replies
-
- 13
-
-
These look compact and lightweight (2 huge plusses)... ....but the plastic part should be wider to spread to load out a bit. And add a rubber foot on the wood end. And use a threaded dowel for tilt adjustment. Otherwise, it's perfect.
-
Most Famous Person you played with?
hamerhead replied to hamerhead's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
Good list, Dave! It's Swad's birthday today. I re-roofed Jevne's house. Masino jammed with us fairly recently when he ran sound for our band one night. His little brother Jeff sang at our wedding. Turned down Robbie's offer to join his band ('Strange' is too apt). A roommate was in 'Little Vito' for a while, so I got to know all of them pretty well (they may or may not have quite frequently powdered their noses). I can't believe our paths didn't cross back then....I mean, they may have and I just don't remember any of it (we had a lot of fun), but that's a pretty familiar circle. -
Oh but he's there alright - in the heads of all those poor employees.
-
I haven't been green with envy since Matt posted his Watsons, so I'll throw this out there: There is a shitload of talent on this board and I've heard a few great stories about some of the folks you've rubbed elbows with. What else ya got? Me? Well this part of the midwest isn't a real celebrity hotspot. Les Paul came from here and Cheap Trick were regulars in Madison, but we aren't overburdened with megastars. I was roommates with founding member of The Buckinghams George Legros, which led to several solo recordings with him, as well as a number of impromptu jams with his band that featured the one-and-only Funky Drummer himself, Mr. Clyde Stubblefield (James Brown's drummer). He called Madison home, but would receive superstar treatment (limos, hotels, big shows) when visiting Japan. He and I shared a cocktail or 2 at the local bars and he was always the most down-to-earth person you'd ever want to meet. The opportunity to play with someone at that level can take your breath away. Fucking awesome. The goat-roping band I was in contained a youngster named Kirstie Kraus, who went on to Nashville and is currently fighting her way up. Great pop songwriting chops and more drive than anyone I've ever met. We still get together when she's in town. Good kid. And then there's the local legend Steve Swadley, one of my closest friends. If you were involved in the Madison-area music scene from the '60s through today, there's a good chance you know - or have heard of - my buddy Steve. Rock and Roll to the core, you won't meet a better human being. Another roommate/ former high school bandmate was a member of Slave Raider, a Twin Cities/regional act that had some success and was a favorite of our own baloney-fryin' bud WyldBil. Apparently he wasn't in the band long enough to make it on their Wiki page(!), but there are photos to prove it. He now lives in seclusion and is a bit of a dick. So let's have some name-dropping here! Who have you guys worked with or shared a stage with or ?? Let's see the BIG names!!
-
Legends Behind The Kit: Bun E. Carlos
hamerhead replied to crunchee's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I'd like to hear the real - unedited - story, from both sides. That one always made me wonder.... -
^^^And you all can hear that, right?