Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

hamerhead

Members
  • Posts

    29,492
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1,000

Everything posted by hamerhead

  1. How are these so cheap?? They as good or better than any booteek Strat on the market.
  2. I think as long as you balance the volume of what comes out of the tube with the volume of your singing voice, it shouldn't - theoretically - be too much of a problem. Some guys use a separate mics. You could also run a separate mic back to a second amp (or second channel on an amp) so you'd have the stage volume, but feedback might be an issue. I have an original Dean Markley Voice Box (from the 'Frampton Comes Alive' era), with no built-in amp. You just ran a speaker cable from your amp's speaker out to it, then another one back to your speaker(s). Step on the switch and the full wattage of whatever you were using went to that little driver (there's a lightbulb in there to absorb the extremes). It could rattle your fillings loose. Fun as hell! (photo stolen from Reverb)
  3. It's not so much which arm but getting matching frets installed would suck.
  4. The SuperChamps came out biased cold and you could definitely hear/feel an improvement when set correctly, even without a tube swap. It's the only amp I've ever tried it on.
  5. And people bitch about Gibson's 5-piece bodies.
  6. Nope, you're all wrong:
  7. Gettin' really deep in here....
  8. Seems longer since I cared.....
  9. Stay safe all of you!
  10. Love that.
  11. I'm a big fan of Al and Bob's stuff. This one would be my favorite Christmas song, if only because I don't hear it that often.
  12. You guys are killin' me this morning. ...and tell us what you really think, Chris.
  13. You have the Australian 1-off. Rare and valuable.
  14. ...makes me want another Standard soooo bad. Sure, it's an Explorer but I was shooting a little higher.
  15. I always considered that the 'rental fee' - try it out for 6 months or a year or whatever and that's what it cost to do it. It's much less painful that way.
  16. Around here, the month leading up to Christmas is a buyers market because poor musicians need money for presents and dump anything that isn't tied down. If you have money, decent deals can be had. And tax time is generally a sellers market - gotta spend that refund on something. In either case, it has sucked for the past few years. Very limited 'scores' and even fewer buyers who want to give more than 1/2 of what you're asking.
  17. When my kids were little I'd sing the first couple lines in full crooner voice as a gag. Apparently it's a core memory for them. Scarred 'em for life! And my wife's Dad was a dead ringer for Bing.
×
×
  • Create New...