Bass Guy Dave Posted August 6, 2007 Posted August 6, 2007 (knees buckle)Wow.Holy crumps, that's a killer bass.Best Wishes
elduave Posted August 6, 2007 Posted August 6, 2007 That's a ONE PIECE Korina body, for those of you that understand the significance.And the rest of us play bass with a pick.
Disturber Posted August 6, 2007 Posted August 6, 2007 Can ALPEP please post a pic of the B4S with moons and planets and shit in the fretboard! That bass is without any competition the coolest Hamer bass ever made.
TNC2 Posted August 6, 2007 Author Posted August 6, 2007 thanks for more porn BRCgreg...not to get off subject but what kinda pups are in the Korina and do they make a black plastic cover model?and someone post pics of the moon stars bass...
Brooks Posted August 6, 2007 Posted August 6, 2007 seems like it would be easy to skip the backroom bickering part of the hamer story. one sentence could do it, something like "at this time so & so left the firm over differing opinions and business philosophy, but this book is about guitars not backroom politics".
BCR Greg Posted August 6, 2007 Posted August 6, 2007 seems like it would be easy to skip the backroom bickering part of the hamer story. one sentence could do it, something like "at this time so & so left the firm over differing opinions and business philosophy, but this book is about guitars not backroom politics".That would be repeated many times.The pickups are PhatCat bass pickups, not available in black.
MCChris Posted August 6, 2007 Posted August 6, 2007 We've done more custom multi string basses than anyone....I hear Wilcutt's, however, has done more custom single string basses than anyone.
tafkathundernotes Posted August 6, 2007 Posted August 6, 2007 That's a ONE PIECE Korina body, for those of you that understand the significance. And the rest of us play bass with a pick. BWAHAHAHA! That's funny right there! But seriously folks, what's the tone difference on a one piece body vs. bookmatched halves? Better sustain? Resonance? Just curious.
BCR Greg Posted August 6, 2007 Posted August 6, 2007 We've done more custom multi string basses than anyone....I hear Wilcutt's, however, has done more custom single string basses than anyone. HAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!!
Mike_C Posted August 6, 2007 Posted August 6, 2007 I love the Green V, Lisa, and where's that sweet Korina Standard bass? Those are my alltime 3 Favorite Hamer Basses from the HFC. That's a ONE PIECE Korina body, for those of you that understand the significance. That someone paid a hell of a lot for a very cool bass.
BCR Greg Posted August 6, 2007 Posted August 6, 2007 No, they didn't. I give good deals.The significance is that ther was at one time a VERY LARGE Limba(Korina is a trade name) tree, and to have a piece that big is rare as hell.
kizanski Posted August 6, 2007 Posted August 6, 2007 The Lisa Bass is cool.The Lisa Person is cooler.
MCChris Posted August 6, 2007 Posted August 6, 2007 Someone paid a hell of a lot for a very cool Lisa Person.
BCR Greg Posted August 6, 2007 Posted August 6, 2007 BTW Greg, who's that girl? Love her face! http://www.hamerfanclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21021 Alizee. Yum.
TNC2 Posted August 6, 2007 Author Posted August 6, 2007 ohh now I get it I though when someone said "ugly stuff would have to be in there" they were talking about one of the metal or import Hamer guitars ....you guys mean the company political stuff.....lolIt would have to be mentioned but it could be done tastefully... the book should focus more on the GUITARS and the folks that play um like Rick, Pete, Nick and collectors.
zorrow Posted August 7, 2007 Posted August 7, 2007 BTW Greg, who's that girl? Love her face! http://www.hamerfanclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21021 Alizee. Yum. Thanks man! She absolutely rocks! Again, drooling, drooling... Yum, yum! :D
serial Posted August 7, 2007 Posted August 7, 2007 It would have to be mentioned but it could be done tastefully... the book should focus more on the GUITARS and the folks that play um like Rick, Pete, Nick and collectors.That was my plan, but I don't know that everyone would be happy with that version! I know I would though-there would be TONS of great porn in that.
moozak Posted August 7, 2007 Posted August 7, 2007 wow, that would be a cool book. so... would my Special K qualify for a book like that?
silentman Posted August 7, 2007 Posted August 7, 2007 It would have to be mentioned but it could be done tastefully... the book should focus more on the GUITARS and the folks that play um like Rick, Pete, Nick and collectors.That was my plan, but I don't know that everyone would be happy with that version! I know I would though-there would be TONS of great porn in that.Well get off the pot already.
BCR Greg Posted August 7, 2007 Posted August 7, 2007 The economics of a book are staggering, I have found out. I have been working on a repair book, and the expenses have stalled it. Rights and clearances, trademarks, permissions.... lots of stuff piles up FAST. If a publishing house picks up the tab, they get all the bux. If you do it yourself, the workload is crushing.
Steve Haynie Posted August 7, 2007 Posted August 7, 2007 The economics of a book are staggering, I have found out. I have been working on a repair book, and the expenses have stalled it. Rights and clearances, trademarks, permissions.... lots of stuff piles up FAST. If a publishing house picks up the tab, they get all the bux. If you do it yourself, the workload is crushing.... and yet some people cannot understand why a publisher wants a cut of the profits. All that work, and a legal team, can cost money when there is no guarantee of a return.
belgian Posted August 7, 2007 Posted August 7, 2007 The economics of a book are staggering, I have found out. I have been working on a repair book, and the expenses have stalled it. Rights and clearances, trademarks, permissions.... lots of stuff piles up FAST. If a publishing house picks up the tab, they get all the bux. If you do it yourself, the workload is crushing. Let Kaman finance it, they would have the profit of positioning Hamer on the coffee table.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.