Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Shishkov question(s)

Citrus

Just spend the $5 and get your own!

Don't get me going on the Swag Wagon again. ;)

Oh, I won't.

But...

Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShirts?Where'sTheShir

Patience...it's probably more important that Mike is focusing on the building right now, eh? ;)

I have another Shishkov Question:

What is the consensus of the upper strap button placement on the Standard/Ultimate shape? Most of the Standards I see have the button located at the center seam of the neck heel or slightly offset from there.

Some Gibbys have the button located on the upper "horn" (nub?), and I notice that all of Rick Nielsen's Standards have it in that location as well.

What Would Mike Do?

I have very strong opinions about this. Strap button MUST be at the heel on Explorers or Firebirds. The strap button on the bass horn is dangerous.

I have very strong opinions about this. Strap button MUST be at the heel on Explorers or Firebirds. The strap button on the bass horn is dangerous.

I agree, buy why is it “dangerous?” My Navigator Explorer has it on the upper horn and the angle of the dangle is fine. OK, admittedly, I would prefer it on the back, but I ain’t gonna booger this one!

In my opinion dangerous due to stronger strap/button disconnect followed by broken neck syndrome. Then there is that strap to shoulder feel and balancing those big guitars. Strap button placement can be key to a good balance. Hamer placement works pretty well especially on guitars like the Standard and the Vector.

There is one advantage to having the strap button on the body/horn if you use straplocks then you can interchange the straps easily otherwise you need different straps for different guitars due to the twist the strap has to make to attach on the back of the neck.

Not sure if it affects the balance in any way I'll check and report back.

Wherever you put it make sure it has a strap locking device of some sort, Mike, you should list them as an option if You're not fitting them as standard.

I'd bet they'll be a standard feature (get it?), as Mike won't want to spend his days re-attaching headstocks. It's pretty cheap insurance.

I was surprised how relocating the button on my Firebird (from the upper bout to the neck heel) made such a dramatic difference. It went from being nearly unplayable to being exceptionally comfortable.

I'd bet they'll be a standard feature (get it?), as Mike won't want to spend his days re-attaching headstocks. It's pretty cheap insurance.

I was surprised how relocating the button on my Firebird (from the upper bout to the neck heel) made such a dramatic difference. It went from being nearly unplayable to being exceptionally comfortable.

THIS (and Gene's comments above!!)

OK just did a side by side comparison as one of my Standards has the button in the back of the neck and the other is on the top horn, the same strap was used for both.

The guitar with the button on the top horn does tend to neck dive a little more than the Standard Standard (button on the back of the neck), it's not exactly a plummet to the floor though just a slight downwards movement (and it actually drops into a good playing position for me so this will depend a lot on where you like to wear your guitar).

Although the button on the back doesn't dive as much (if any) it does makes the top of the guitar fall away from you (which the button on the horn does not do) so there is a trade off.

The "fall away" could also be due to the Dunlop Straplocks making to the distance the strap is away from the guitar back greater but I could also be talking a load of Sh1t as usual.

That, and it looks ridiculous.

It goes on the neck heel, period.

There is one advantage to having the strap button on the body/horn if you use straplocks then you can interchange the straps easily otherwise you need different straps for different guitars due to the twist the strap has to make to attach on the back of the neck.

Splurge a little. Buy another strap.

Got to say I prefer the way it hangs with button on the horn at the moment (and I think it looks better there) but I still haven't made my mind up totally on having a Burst or a colour (White or Black) yet.

Probably just going to go with the flow man.....................

Archived