Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What Peavey guitar or bass WOULD you own and use?

Guest JackButler
I owned and gigged a Wolfgang , it was cool but too small for me as well, I have the same problemn w/ the Music Man axes

Ditto on the Music Man's as well.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I own three Wolfgangs and have had 5150's in the past...my current amp is, however, a Peavey Classic 30. The Wolfgangs and 5150's were the best thing to happen to Peavey. Now that Ed has left the company, they are somewhat collectable...pics of the Wolfs below...

Erik

Amber Flametop Special

AmberWolfgangSmall.jpg

First Year Purple Quilt

PurpleWolfgang.jpg

Korean Made Special Quilt with Sustainiac

BlueWolfgang.jpg

If XXXs are good enough for Huey, Gary, and Ricky, they're good enough for me. 5150's are killer amps if you're into that sound. My first guitar was some sort of Raptor strat that stayed in tune well enough, and I still wish I hadn't annihilated it. The little Transtube amps aren't bad for what you pay for them, I guess.

Even though I own many Hamers my number 1 guitar is my Wolfgang.I've owned several other Peavey guitars but the Wolfie is the only one I've ever loved. My neighbor is a pro player and he swears by his Peavey Impact. I also a have a Peavey Fury bass. It's the ultimate thumper, great neck. Had a Cropper classic probably the worst sounding guitar I've ever heard. Had a couple amps Peavey sounds like shit.....forever

Truer words were never spoken, built like a tank sounds like shit.

One did catch on fire for me though

I'm kinda biased in favor of Peavey because back when I was a fresh graduate with an industrial design degree, they gave me my first real job. I designed quite a number of products for them, including several guitars and basses. My contribution was mostly body shapes, but I also helped engineer their first whammy bridge.

In addition to my handful of USA Hamers, I'm also collecting examples of all of the guitars and basses I worked on during my time in Meridian. So far I have:

(2) Foundation basses- one fretted, one fretless

(1) Fury bass- original configuration with the angled pickup

(2) Horizon II- with and without whammy

(2) Milestone- maple and phenolic boards

(1) Patriot guitar

(2) Mystic- with and without whammy

(3) Razer- white, metallic red and metallic gold with whammy

I'm still looking for a Patriot bass and a Hydra doubleneck.

Lifetime Dubious Achievement Award:

RazerReduced.jpg

I invented it!

-Brandon

I'm kinda biased in favor of Peavey because back when I was a fresh graduate with an industrial design degree, they gave me my first real job. I designed quite a number of products for them, including several guitars and basses. My contribution was mostly body shapes, but I also helped engineer their first whammy bridge.

In addition to my handful of USA Hamers, I'm also collecting examples of all of the guitars and basses I worked on during my time in Meridian. So far I have:

(2) Foundation basses- one fretted, one fretless

(1) Fury bass- original configuration with the angled pickup

(2) Horizon II- with and without whammy

(2) Milestone- maple and phenolic boards

(1) Patriot guitar

(2) Mystic- with and without whammy

(3) Razer- white, metallic red and metallic gold with whammy

I'm still looking for a Patriot bass and a Hydra doubleneck.

Lifetime Dubious Achievement Award:

RazerReduced.jpg

I invented it!

-Brandon

Peavey Hydra auction (with 52 minutes to go):

http://cgi.ebay.com/Peavey-T60-T-60-T40-Hy...1QQcmdZViewItem

Personally, I think the Razer looks pretty cool. Then again, I also own a Goya Rangermaster hollowbody and a Bond Electraglide, so what do I know about taste?

I have always held peavey equipment in high regard and the company in general. also...best 4x12 cab that was ever made was the Peavey 4x12MS back in the 80's...they used celestion G12K-85's in em and they kicked ass then and still do now!!!

Hey kurtsstuff,

You still have your 412MS? I still have 2 412MS cabs myself. Good deal for the money.

Guitar George

This is sure a strange one.

Peavey Mantis ebaY auction.

I don't recall if I have ever seen a Peavey that I liked (including this one).

I've got one, all black with a Kahler. I gave it a red tape-stripe job around the edges and the pickguard and stuck a Nine-Inch Nails sticker under the strings.

I use it through a really obnoxious solid-state amp to play punk/thrash covers of Simon & Garfunkel tunes for the crunchy-groovy double latte crowd at coffeehouse gigs.

I usually have the room to myself after that.... :rolleyes:

I owned a Bandit amp for a short bit when I was in my early teens.... Worked all summer delivering sandwiches on my bike to pay for it...... after about 2 weeks it shot flames out of the back....

That day I vowed to never own another Peavey product ...

I have tried the XXX, 5150 and a couple of the guitars ... all seemed fine... but I can't get the Bandit out of my head when I see that logo....

Sorta reminds me of a Vintage S or a Zion, with a much lower price tag:

39_1.JPG

The USA made HP Signature guitars look cool, though I've never tried one out.

The Cropper classic is a cool guitar too. I'm not much of a Tele guy, but that one's more versatile than the average Tele.

I'm real interested in the Penta amp. I'd love to find one and check out the tones.

Wayulll...

If I picked up a PV guitar and fell in love with it, I wouldn't have a problem with that. My bud has a few Wolfies that I certainly am fond of. Just wouldn't trade a Hamer for one, and my bud has tried more than once to trade me out of one of my Sunbursts with a Wolfie.

Now for the amps, I ab-so-lute-ly LOVE my 5150 head. Gain for days, and you know that's what ol' wb is ALL about. Not to mention great tone and plenty of volume.

Cirrus basses are ergonomically very nice, and the aforementioned B-Quad-4 is even more comfortable. I'd to pass on a Cirrus, tho, on accounta the 4-string is a 35" scale, and I gotta have 34". Seems like you can just tell the difference, even tho it's an inch.

Archived