Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What Peavey guitar or bass WOULD you own and use?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got an old '84 black Peavey Razor.

Was my 1st electric I've owned.

It plays great and sounds great, but you wouldn't see me on stage with it.... EVER!

It is hideous!

I mean, it's in great shape, but it's SHAPE is way too guillotine/can opener looking.

Studio use only. Tell ya what though, it CRANKS for drop C tunings!

I've been thru a Razor or two; had a dead mint one (and why shouldn't it have been!) that even had the protective film on the control panel cover I had to sell last year. They're actually quite comfortable ergonomically. A problem w/ a lot of Peaveys back then was a dinky toggle switch that broke easily.

There was one Peavey story about the Razor that may or not be true: When the company had the grand opening of its Corby, England factory some years ago, they gave away door prizes, and the guy who won a Razor took one look at it and refused to accept it.

• 2 years later...

puzz-1.jpg

Peavey Vandenberg -- Original USA Version w/Puzzle Graphic

puzz-2.jpg

I'd take a couple.

Vandenbergs rule.. I have 4 now... and counting......I' ll stop at 20..hehe..

Series 1 with a NOS Kahler trem and SD pu's

Series 2 with a NOS Kahler trem and SD pu's

Series 3 (new logo) with NOS Kahler trem and SD pu's

Black Vandenberg Custom neckthrough, all original and in MINT condition (same as puzzle but without puzzle graphics)

Ladies and gentlemen..I give you the perfect 80's hardrock guitar....NO contest.....whatsoever.....

Since we are reviving an old thread it is odd that no one mentioned the Peavey Millenium Bass. Those were upgraded/perfected versions of the Foundation. They were able to go head to head with anything Fender had out there for less money.

I want a Razer to irritate people who cannot stand that design.

I'm still kicking myself for not buying that scalloped Cropper I saw hanging in a pawnshop. That a factory scallop?

I'll play...here's my Wolfgang. Great sounding guitar although I don't care too much for flat mounted trems. Check out the neck. The fingerboard is cut from the same piece. Although its figured like crazy the neck is super stable...it doesn't move at all. Love the guitar but I have no desire for a second :P

wolfgang_front2.jpg

wolfgang_back2.jpg

I've got an immaculate Laser Red Vandenberg Custom neck-through with "heartbeat monitor" inlays. It's a killer looking, playing and sounding guitar. I'd get more if I could find them.

The Tele that became the Steve Cropper model with the active Bartolini pickups is a well built, good playing guitar, and I've seen them go for around $200-300. Some have floyds, some are just hardtails. They usually have a flamed or birdseye maple neck and a maple top ( flamed, quilted etc.) on the body.

My local store has one,used for $800.00 ... Ouch ! But I love the new HP the redisigned Wolfgang, The XXX amp, the Classic 30,50,100 .

I have 2000 Soapbar Firenza that I picked up in Dec 07 that is a GREAT P90 axe. Made in the USA, perfectly built & it sounds great with the stock Gotoh P90s....

'course it doesn't touch my Artist Korina HB...then again, neither does my Ric, Strat, or Washburn.

Firenza's are killer guitars with top-notch hardware. You can't go wrong with them....especially for the price.

I saw a country dude with an old T-60 last weekend, & man o man, those things have sweet, playable necks.

First post here, and I'm defending Peavey stuff...go figure.

Anyway, US Cirrus basses kick butt. Sound good, play like butter. A little pricey when new, but find one used for $700ish and you've got one heck of a deal.

P1010135.jpg

Way sexy too.

wow, that was eerie seeing wyldbil's post (until i saw the date).

as for peavey, if a guitar looks plays and sounds good to me, i'll play it regardless of what it says on the headstock.

The revival of this thread finally got me motivated enough to put some batteries in the camera and take some pictures. What Peavey guitar or bass would I own and use? Well, I own all of these, and I use many. All of the basses, anyway, since that's my only gig at this time.

Natural Ash:

Peaveys7-5-2008034.jpg

Natural (walnut stain) Mahogany:

Peaveys7-5-2008038.jpg

Aztec Gold:

Peaveys7-5-2008017.jpg

including this one:

Peaveys7-5-2008043.jpg

Inca Silver:

Peaveys7-5-2008011.jpg

White:

Peaveys7-5-2008027.jpg

Sunfire Red:

Peaveys7-5-2008022.jpg

Frost Blue:

Peaveys7-5-2008014.jpg

Pearl Rose:

Peaveys7-5-2008031.jpg

Black and Sunburst:

Peaveys7-5-2008050.jpg

Am I insane? Maybe. But as some of you may already know, I designed at least part of all of these guitars during my time in Meridian MS. Including the Razer. There, I said it.

Stobro, RE the Natural Ash display, a music store near my office has an oiled ash NOS early '80s Horizon w/ two blade-coil HBs, maple /board, and a bridge tailpiece like what was on the T15 and T-30. Three-knob, no pkgd. My perception is that's the original "Horizon" configuration.

Yeah, the original Horizon was basically a slightly re-worked T-25 with a more '80s body shape and rear-routed controls. It retained the two humbuckers, 23-fret neck and top-load diecast bridge. When the 24 fret, string-thru H-H Milestone was developed, the decision was made to supplement it with a similar H-S-H model. I have no idea why the Horizon name wasn't carried over to the H-H guitar, with the new name Milestone given to the H-S-H model.

Hartley works in mysterious ways.

Archived