Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread

I hate bands with shit amps/gear. If their gear was any decent, they would probably know how shitty they played and I'm tired of those audio ice picks flying into my brain.

Tone snob? Yes, but only when it's real shitty.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just joined a country band. I think I am going to play my standard in it as my main ax because it's about time someone played country on a standard.

...or played rock on a standard in key and tempo with a country band that happens to be playing at the same time.

• Like 3

Ever sell a piece of gear that you've had so long and for so many adventures that you feel a bit like you just sold out a friend?

Then again, it was bought by an engineer who works for a pretty popular metal producer (Clutch, Lamb of God) to spend the rest of its days in climate controlled comfort . One of us finally made it to the bigs.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I just joined a country band. I think I am going to play my standard in it as my main ax because it's about time someone played country on a standard.

...or played rock on a standard in key and tempo with a country band that happens to be playing at the same time.

Ha! Done that:

IMG_4960.jpg

At the time I was thinking how playing in a rock band would be waaaay better.

• Like 6

Ha! Done that:

IMG_4960.jpg

At the time I was thinking how playing in a rock band would be waaaay better.

That was the wrong way to mic an electric guitar.

• Like 3

I think this is awesome.

Keeping the Bakersfield sound alive, and I very much like Dwight. Anyone else think he did a great job in Sledgehammer? Sure Billy Bob coached him a little, but he nailed the obnoxious country boy southerner, with that sly, passive aggressive, sarcastic disposition. The kid in the movie used to live down the road from me and still does character acting in a couple of movies a year.

Just to keep it rolling, my mother dated Hank Williams Jr for 4 years in the late 70's. He and Merle Kilgore would take me and Merle's son fishing, too many times to remember. Hank wrote a son "Angels are hard to find" for my mother on his Bosephus" album. He fell off the mountain, and we never saw him again.

Pulled out my Red Special Bo Diddley from the case where it had been sitting in for a while. Floating trem goodness. At the moment I really enjoy the Queen II live concert from the At The Rainbow 74 box set. Damn it, Brian"s sound had been raw and loud at the time. Very far from the later Queen populary stuff.

^Good question.

I have been avoiding my G&L Legacy for months because I thought it had a broken string. I pulled it out tonight to find it not only freshly restrung, but the frets polished and neck oiled as well.

I'm sure I did this myself and just forgot, but isn't more fun if I just assume it was really guitar gnomes?

• Like 1

that reminds me of the time Brooks came to jam with us I told him to grab a certain guitar, he opens the case and all the strings were off! I was going to put them on and got busy and put it back in the gig bag, the look on his face was priceless