Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Shipping mishaps.


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'd say you must really want a Phantom badly if you bought this one.

Posted

That whole Reverb Garage sale seems to be the boothill for shitty shipping!!

Posted

In all fairness, that's Kim Keller's old '80s Phantom that was REFINNED and re-configured in 1999 and given a 1999 serial number.  I have pics of it hanging in the N.H. shop.

Kim sold it recently in his Reverb store, and it appears that it was broken in shipping, through zero fault of his.

 

Posted

Stellar price. I hope it includes a bottle of glue?

Posted
9 hours ago, cmatthes said:

In all fairness, that's Kim Keller's old '80s Phantom that was REFINNED and re-configured in 1999 and given a 1999 serial number.  I have pics of it hanging in the N.H. shop.

Kim sold it recently in his Reverb store, and it appears that it was broken in shipping, through zero fault of his.

The price is refriggindiculous. I don't care if it was Kim Kardashian's and the G string was replaced with her G string.

 

3 hours ago, Disturber said:

Stellar price. I hope it includes a bottle of glue?

For sniffing - yes.

Posted

After seeing Greg Platzer's work, this shouldn't scare-off anyone.....looks VERY repairable to me.

Posted
4 hours ago, Never2Late said:

After seeing Greg Platzer's work, this shouldn't scare-off anyone.....looks VERY repairable to me.

It can be repaired, but it will be worth less than the current asking price when completed, and you still have to pay for said repair.  You also then have to deal with it having been repaired if trying to resell later which reduces the pool of buyers by 80%. 

Posted
10 hours ago, Ua D said:

Hmmm...they did not accept my offer of $350.   

They probably thought that's way too high of a number and you were joking.

Posted
18 hours ago, Studio Custom said:

It can be repaired, but it will be worth less than the current asking price when completed, and you still have to pay for said repair.  You also then have to deal with it having been repaired if trying to resell later which reduces the pool of buyers by 80%. 

That is true. 

Repaired guitars can be great players, and if someone wants the guitar for utility or its electronic features a repaired guitar can be a good option.  The problem, as Studio Custom says, is that you have to pay for the repair work.  If you can do it yourself you might come out OK.  If you pay someone else, that guitar better be a keeper. 

Two of my Hamers got repaired and refinished.  Neither will sell for what I have in them.  One of my Specials has a headstock repair.  It was bought cheap and left just as I bought it.  For something to jam with it has been the best bang for the buck out of all of my Hamers. 

Posted
On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 4:27 PM, Studio Custom said:

It can be repaired, but it will be worth less than the current asking price when completed, and you still have to pay for said repair.  You also then have to deal with it having been repaired if trying to resell later which reduces the pool of buyers by 80%. 

Last time I checked, they ain't makin' um anymore.....if you can honestly HEAR the difference in tone between a repaired guitar and one not-broken, you have ears better than 99.99% of the music-buying and music-playing public.  Greg's repairs under-paint are virtually invisible, so if I had the choice between 'repaired guitar' or 'no guitar', I'd take a Greg-repaired guitar any day of the week.

 

Posted
29 minutes ago, Never2Late said:

Last time I checked, they ain't makin' um anymore.....if you can honestly HEAR the difference in tone between a repaired guitar and one not-broken, you have ears better than 99.99% of the music-buying and music-playing public.  Greg's repairs under-paint are virtually invisible, so if I had the choice between 'repaired guitar' or 'no guitar', I'd take a Greg-repaired guitar any day of the week.

 

WTF are you talking about?   These are for sale often, most people would rather have a nonrepaired model.   

Posted
On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:33 PM, Studio Custom said:

WTF are you talking about?   These are for sale often, most people would rather have a nonrepaired model.   

HOW MANY 1999 Silver-Sparkle Hamer USA Phantom A5s were made?  A few....but only a few.

How many are they making NOW?  Zero.

Posted
43 minutes ago, Never2Late said:

HOW MANY 1999 Silver-Sparkle Hamer USA Phantom A5s were made? I do not know, but I do know from this thread this wasn't one of them.  It is already refinished. 

How many are they making NOW?  I would suspect that they are making ZERO 1999 products in 2019, this included. 

However, since you are convinced, by all means purchase.  

Posted
On 4/12/2019 at 10:56 AM, Ua D said:

Gone now.  Looks like somebody bought it.   

And it's for sale again.  Guess who.

 

Posted
9 minutes ago, The Shark said:

Yeah, the king of "stories". 

image.png

Rot crotch here for the unsuspecting consumer.

Posted
1 hour ago, tbonesullivan said:

Place your bets on whether he did the repair himself.

That's what I was thinking as well.  I'd bet my house on it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...