Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What’s your ultimate/grail Hamer studio?


What’s your ultimate studio?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

If I can’t have them all, I’m not sure which one I would choose. How about y’all...?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, burningyen said:

Black for me.

hyft40ctyknizutvsxwx.jpg

Perhaps I should have added that to the poll choices. 
 

or maybe I should have asked which limited edition studio would people choose...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Had them all at one time. The EM was my fave, followed by the TT.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Camstone said:

Watson

watsongleam.JPG

I, too, lust after a Watson. Can’t exactly consider it a studio, tho. Different body shape; scale length, pickup arrangement, etc. 

i might have to put the Watson in the Mirage category because of the body shape and scale length.

Hmm...  maybe I should add a Watson to my Mirage wish list. Was going to get a maple top to complete my trifecta. That might have been too narrow minded, thinking too small. What’s better than 3 Mirages...?  4. 4 Mirages are better than 3...  thank you, sir. You have enabled me once again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My pair: 2007 SC, now shod with Gravelin bucker-sized mini-hums (not shown).

IMG_0407.JPG

 

 

2007 EM with Gravelin pups

IMG_0398.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had a 25th LE and a 30th, and absolutely loved the 30th.

DSCN3656.JPG

I'd like to try the other three of the 4 listed. The Triple Threats have always given me extreme G.A.S. Shawn really didn't help by posting the one from Reverb. Holy crap is that nice!

The problem I have with Limited Editions is actually playing them. The first ding or scratch would cause major anxiety/guilt/depression. It's why those two are gone now. Great guitars, but their near-mintyness made me deathly afraid of wear or damage. They spent far more time on the wall or in the case than being used. It was fun for a while, but I'm not a collector. Don't get me wrong - I would be if I could afford to, but reality always gets in the way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

I've had a 25th LE and a 30th, and absolutely loved the 30th.

DSCN3656.JPG

I'd like to try the other three of the 4 listed. The Triple Threats have always given me extreme G.A.S. Shawn really didn't help by posting the one from Reverb. Holy crap is that nice!

The problem I have with Limited Editions is actually playing them. The first ding or scratch would cause major anxiety/guilt/depression. It's why those two are gone now. Great guitars, but their near-mintyness made me deathly afraid of wear or damage. They spent far more time on the wall or in the case than being used. It was fun for a while, but I'm not a collector. Don't get me wrong - I would be if I could afford to, but reality always gets in the way.

You make a really good point. I personally believe that guitars are meant to be played and I would probably have a hard time playing a Mint limited edition Guitar for those same reasons. 
 

I'm sure I would be way better served finding a studio in players’ condition, throwing in a set of Gravelin’s and having my way with it for years to come. 
 

but I sure do love looking at the special edition guitars Hamer put out...

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Travis said:

...finding a studio in players’ condition, throwing in a set of Gravelin’s....

^^^This. Exactly. At the core they're essentially the same, minus some bling and/or some really drool-worthy custom touches.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hamerhead said:

^^^This. Exactly. At the core they're essentially the same, minus some bling and/or some really drool-worthy custom touches.

Yeah, I’ve never been a huge fan of the bling...

If only the mid 90’s wraptail studios had the vintage carve necks...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Shark said:

Does this one count?

Mv8hNbI.jpg

With that flame?

I’ll allow it...

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, burningyen said:

Black for me.

hyft40ctyknizutvsxwx.jpg

Ben, did you buy this one?  I have photos and the backstory if you're interested.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BadgerDave said:

Ben, did you buy this one?  I have photos and the backstory if you're interested.  

I didn’t buy it and I’m interested in the back story...

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, butcher said:

Does this count? '95 custom with ebony board 

 

 

dd2.jpg

Holy crap...  wraptail and crowns with a quilt...?!?

 

yes, that counts!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...