Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Ultimates: Going rate?


BubbaVO
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, 0054 said:

 

Could not agree more with this statement.

At that price are you gonna get a better guitar? I think not.

I spoke with an HFC member who doubted the value, stating outside of the forum the guitars would not sell. I stated, and believe it true that each one that has sold has brougt a profit for the seller, that is value. Mike started his venture much later than a lot of other world class builders, his target market is different, the times they are a changing. Playing one is the big convincer though, and  they are worth the cost and time it takes to get one.

 

The doubter should check out about a half dozen FB/social media sites where people ask regularly whether there are any available Shishkov Ultimates available.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/24/2021 at 10:41 AM, bubs_42 said:

You forget that I sold mine my Ultimate, as well as a 4 digit.  I remember how many members reached out to purchase that 4 Digit and  scoffed at what I was asking for it. ten offering me half of my asking price. One member bought it, and he will make money off of it one day and I am satisfied with what I got at the time.

 

I remember how I "met" Bubs.  I PM'd him a couple years before he was ready to sell his 4-digit.  Then, right before Christmas, he shot me a price and told me he wanted me to have it.  He even gave me "terms" and let me pay him over about a month or six weeks. 

I learned long ago that the "price" of a guitar is what I'll pay for it.    

  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, The Shark said:

I remember how I "met" Bubs.  I PM'd him a couple years before he was ready to sell his 4-digit.  Then, right before Christmas, he shot me a price and told me he wanted me to have it.  He even gave me "terms" and let me pay him over about a month or six weeks. 

I learned long ago that the "price" of a guitar is what I'll pay for it.    

You may have paid a premium for the guitars you have purchased form me, but at this point, they are all worth more than you paid. That is just icing on the cake. 

To anyone out there that just has a guitar they love, don't sell it, don't ever sell it. At any price it will never mean more to someone else than it does to you. The Ultimates, 4 Digits, and now just you plain old everyday Standards, the word is out and you cannot base prices on what they sell for on this forum. Sometimes though selling important pieces to someone you know will take care of them, enjoy them, and will respect them trumps the dollar amount you can get for them. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ooooh!  I forgot about that darkburst!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 11 months later...
On 7/5/2021 at 12:24 PM, bubs_42 said:

You may have paid a premium for the guitars you have purchased form me, but at this point, they are all worth more than you paid. That is just icing on the cake. 

To anyone out there that just has a guitar they love, don't sell it, don't ever sell it. At any price it will never mean more to someone else than it does to you. The Ultimates, 4 Digits, and now just you plain old everyday Standards, the word is out and you cannot base prices on what they sell for on this forum. Sometimes though selling important pieces to someone you know will take care of them, enjoy them, and will respect them trumps the dollar amount you can get for them. 

I hear ya and could not agree more!  Many years ago, I sold my '77 Inca Silver MM Stingray to a guy in Italy.

I got over 10x what I paid for it new, and even with that, I deeply regret selling it.

I'm down to a '73 P-bass, The Standard Bass #0531, and the 12ver Standard Bass, and I won't make that mistake again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HSB0531 said:

That is one Purdy Gee-Tar!

Yes it is…and you can see the family resemblance to 0006 which will also never get sold. If I got down to one guitar, that’d be the one and I’d be content.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Same here.  I wouldn’t sell this one.  
 

Ever.

9478FC7A-E3AF-4764-9545-7387396DC45C.jpeg

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I sold mine for what I paid, to the penny. My main interest when I got it was to be part of the launch of what I figured would be an awesome guitar company. I figured that if I loved the guitar, great, but Mike needed to get off the ground and I wanted to be a contributor.

Like others, the Standard body shape will never be for me, but whatever... I knew there was no way I'd be underwater on number 21, and it was fun to own while it lasted.

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2021 at 9:52 AM, kizanski said:

Having given it more time rattling around in my brain, and considering what your c.2000s Hamer Standards are going for, $4000 isn't as crazy as it may sound.

Anyone disagree?  I'd like to hear the reasoning.

I think if you offered for $4k, you'd have multiple offers in a bidding war.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, mudshark said:

Totally different conversation!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I'm pretty sure this topic will get updated shortly.  

I would strongly suggest....strongly suggest those folks interested in a Shishkov Ultimate to tune into the Shishkov Guitars  Facebook Page later today. 

I saw a teaser shot.  Damn...

Hamerica

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Hamerica said:

I'm pretty sure this topic will get updated shortly.  

I would strongly suggest....strongly suggest those folks interested in a Shishkov Ultimate to tune into the Shishkov Guitars  Facebook Page later today. 

I saw a teaser shot.  Damn...

Hamerica

Repost here for those of us not on Facebook…?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Per the request on Facebook Shishkov Page listed at $6,000 shipped. 
#0008.  Same owner as the Jeff Watson Model listed.  
 

image.jpeg

Edited by Hamerica
Had the wrong price listed. It's posted as 6K shipped.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Foolish me never had one to sell. I knew I would end up selling it and felt I’d give someone else the chance to order what they wanted. Still have no interest in that body shape but every one of those ultimates was/is beautiful!!

arniez

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Per the Facebook Page posting the guitar has sold.

Hamerica

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

One of the rare few (#20) that have made the transition into another guitar player's hands. And for that, I am eternally grateful. Thanks, Shark. And thank you, Bubs. You spec'd this one out brilliantly. Just need to find a way to stretch the bones in my left hand a bit more and it'll be perfect. ;) 

Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 10.19.09 AM.png

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Winter,  very nice congratulations on the acquisition.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/30/2022 at 12:19 PM, veatch said:

$25k, and I *might* consider it. 

Seriously, if you ever see this for sale, something has seriously changed in my life...

 

20180923_133405.jpg

Screenshot_20171021-155501.jpg

That's one classy looking axe, Jeff. Love the wide spacing on the twelfth fret markers. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...