• Last Reply

From Saturday night…

D2B09C74-63AC-43D6-B4F3-860B7407DA30.jpeg

FA4A806B-4934-4776-8B60-2951F9920004.jpeg

5 hours ago, BoogieMKIIA said:

Saturday outdoors at a Rod Run

123_1.jpeg

123_1(3).jpeg

😂 At first glance I thought Strat guy's pants had dropped!

Awesome pics everyone!

My INXS tribute Devil INXSide had our first show (we formed right before Covid hit and had several shows cancelled) back on May 14th and it was awesome, a packed house of about 200-250 people and everyone loved it.  We have another show coming up in 2 weeks and should be great too as it's at a very cool restored theater here in one of Denver's trendiest areas, the Highlands (show is at the Oriental Theater).  Here's a few shots from our first show too (I'm playing my US Select Tele in both shots here): 

Devil INXSide 5 the Venue May 2021.jpg

Tom & Noel The Venue May 2021.jpg

11 hours ago, Travis said:

Nice. And the Friedman in the back. Small box?

The backline was the other bands stuff. I played my pod go thru his plexi (not the friedman), sounded fantastic

8 hours ago, RobB said:

A, “No Shorts”, policy. Well done!

I will wear shorts if playing outside during the day like BoogieMKIIA's gig.

BK Ccity 17.jpg

Just now, Ed Rechts said:

Good Rockstar face always over rides shorts wearing onstage anyways

brooks_RSface.png.9e9bbc97a5f0acc5b45b1640957107c5.png

An EMS pal on FB asked if I was having a stroke

6 hours ago, Brooks said:

An EMS pal on FB asked if I was having a stroke

6 hours ago, Ed Rechts said:

What kind of "stroke" did he mean? 😁

Edited to put this in the appropriate thread. Somehow when I quoted this earlier today it ended up posting in a completely different section. Weird…

CA1D64FA-E661-4575-8613-60F72D1FCC3B.gif

The glare from my white legs can be dangerous to the audience, but lights a pathway at night on a dark stage. I suppose I have no stage clothing rules other than to wear clothes and don’t wear leopard print tights.

On 6/13/2021 at 11:05 PM, BoogieMKIIA said:

Saturday outdoors at a Rod Run

123_1.jpeg

123_1(3).jpeg

Love the smiles…..guitar left on bottom pic looks like his skirt fell down lol…

On 6/14/2021 at 12:44 AM, Jack C said:

Nice stage for a first gig, Brooks!

It looks awesome. Looking at the pix I imagine the gang playing, "I Don't need No Doctor".  YMMV

Miss you, Brooks.

My Cheap Trick tribute opened for my AC/DC tribute for the first time this past weekend.  We'll be doing some more gigs together in the future.  Here's a ticket stub and pick, and me as Rick in the first band and Malcolm in the second.

200334924_10225959360305672_3036266743026163960_n.jpg

204277782_10225279612874907_7855360830084991771_n.jpg

204739399_10215986266969035_7926565766452413013_n.jpg

202875201_10225956613196996_4840058721257849673_n.jpg

On 6/20/2021 at 6:40 AM, Rockola said:

It looks awesome. Looking at the pix I imagine the gang playing, "I Don't need No Doctor".  YMMV

Miss you, Brooks.

We did that tune! Miss you too Stevie

That's so cool, Tommy.  Double duty of the best possible kind. 

Looking at your checkered plectrum reminds me....I just got my order of custom picks from D'Addario. 

20210608_232039.png

On 6/21/2021 at 1:34 PM, Biz Prof said:

That's so cool, Tommy.  Double duty of the best possible kind. 

Looking at your checkered plectrum reminds me....I just got my order of custom picks from D'Addario. 

20210608_232039.png

Yeah, I've been asked to do the Angus role in a few startup attempts at an AC/DC tribute but I've always said "No, I would want to be Mal."  He's my favorite guitarist.  I've played with and heard dozens of people trying to play AC/DC with too much distortion and weedly-wee on the guitar and I just walk away shaking my head.  I think Malcolm is THE reason they sounded like they did and I try to get his tone as close as I can.  That is a weak point in many an AC/DC cover.

Rick is probably my second favorite guitarist for completely different reasons.  His song structures, melodicism, personality, and sense of humor drew me to him.  He can do ridiculously simple stuff like Southern Girls and then throw something at you like the break in Dream Police or the intro to High Priest of Rhythmic Noise and the whole time he never takes himself too seriously.  The complete opposite of Mal who ruled with an iron fist!

I'm very lucky that I get to portray two of my favorites, and I'm very happy that we are now going to play gigs together.  We had always wanted to but I had some foot problems and then broke my foot and wrist in an accident so everyone was worried I wouldn't be able to do both bands in one night.  The gig last weekend was a test.  It was NOT easy, but I think I did OK.  My foot held up but my playing was not great.  I was a bundle of nerves.  But I take it in stride too.  My favorite Nielsen quote is from when an interviewer asked him if he needed any certain equipment to get his sound and he said "No, I can make pretty much anything sound lousy."  That's me!

2 minutes ago, tommy p said:

My favorite Nielsen quote is from when an interviewer asked him if he needed any certain equipment to get his sound and he said "No, I can make pretty much anything sound lousy."

That really is one of the best rock star quotes....ever.  Very much like something Yogi Berra would have said.  And a sentiment that most of us can easily identify with.

Glad the gig went well, Tommy.  And I totally agree with you about Malcolm.  While I like Angus' tone on solos and his overall style, it's Malcolm's high-headroom, clangy chord progressions that gave AC/DC its sonic identity.

My INXS Tribute band Devil INXSide had our 2nd post-Covid gig this past Friday night at the historic Oriental Theater here in Denver to a capacity crowd.  Just another spectacular show and the response we're getting is amazing!  Folks really missed live music and dig INXS even more than I thought they would! 😁

Devil INXSide 1 Oriental Theater 6-25-21.jpg

Devil INXSide 3 Oriental Theater 6-25-21.jpg

Archived