straightblues Posted October 6, 2022 Posted October 6, 2022 This just popped up on the Los Angeles area Craigslist. Maple top with 59 burst but it has dots on the fingerboard. Looks extremely clean. Looks right but experts here might notice something I don't. Price seems good. Good luck to you guys. https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/msg/7542504350.html
RobB Posted October 7, 2022 Posted October 7, 2022 That’s a sane price for one of those. Seller will probably field a bunch of offers before selling it for $3500.
rickrock999 Posted October 7, 2022 Posted October 7, 2022 Haven't been on this site in a while. I'm in L.A. (although an hour away from this guy) Not a lot of Hamers go on sale on the L.A.'s Craigslist I've looked a lot in the past. How good of a deal is that? Not really an Explorer guy though.
bruce919 Posted October 7, 2022 Posted October 7, 2022 Too bad I'm not going to Cali any time soon my company has a plant near that location. Id swing by and grab that one. Some one get it.
Steve Haynie Posted October 7, 2022 Posted October 7, 2022 6 hours ago, rickrock999 said: How good of a deal is that? Not really an Explorer guy though. You will not lose money if you buy at that price. You will have an excellent trade item for other Hamers, or even some of those other brands of guitars.
Dave Scepter Posted October 7, 2022 Posted October 7, 2022 7 hours ago, rickrock999 said: How good of a deal is that? Not really an Explorer guy though. I'd drive an hour for that guitar... you can EASILY make $1000+ reselling it ~ Although you may have to wait a tad until this inflation subsides a bit... but maybe not,
rickrock999 Posted October 7, 2022 Posted October 7, 2022 1 hour ago, Dave Scepter said: I'd drive an hour for that guitar... you can EASILY make $1000+ reselling it ~ I'll give him a call, lets see what's up?
Dave Scepter Posted October 7, 2022 Posted October 7, 2022 33 minutes ago, rickrock999 said: I'll give him a call, lets see what's up? Just do eeet~
rickrock999 Posted October 7, 2022 Posted October 7, 2022 15 hours ago, RobB said: That’s a sane price for one of those. Seller will probably field a bunch of offers before selling it for $3500. You hit the nail on the head. I Talked to him, nice guy. He was surprised that he got several calls right away, and now is reconsidering what he wants to do. He checked reverb and knows what it's worth now. However, Craigslist is full of people who say they are coming and don't come. He will probably pull the ad or raise the price. I told him to let me know.
Hamer95USA Posted October 7, 2022 Posted October 7, 2022 The Craig's List ad has been removed. I hope that someone got that Standard.
Steve Haynie Posted October 7, 2022 Posted October 7, 2022 I hope the guy does not look at Reverb and think he is going to get $13,000.
Dave Scepter Posted October 7, 2022 Posted October 7, 2022 20 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said: I hope the guy does not look at Reverb and think he is going to get $13,000. I hope he does... fuk him for not honoring his original deal
rickrock999 Posted October 7, 2022 Posted October 7, 2022 He thinks he can get $4000 for it now. IF he decides to sell it.
diablo175 Posted October 7, 2022 Posted October 7, 2022 40 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said: I hope he does... fuk him for not honoring his original deal This. If you listed at $2500, then honor that shit.
Hamer95USA Posted October 7, 2022 Posted October 7, 2022 42 minutes ago, Joe mama said: Spoke twice in length with the guy , I'm 45 minutes away and now about 1000 bucks apart.. What can you do? Obviously, the seller has seller's remorse and became aware of the actual value of his guitar on Reverb and other platforms. There are other guitars and sellers out there. Maybe budget more money for your purchase?
Cary Posted October 8, 2022 Posted October 8, 2022 I hope someone got it who’s wanted a Standard for a long time, and is going to play and love it, not flip it to make a quick thousand dollars. I’m all for capitalism, but scalpers add nothing to society.
cmatthes Posted October 8, 2022 Posted October 8, 2022 Sorry, but even in the current market, I think $4k is still high for a Plain-Jane ‘95-‘97 Standard with dots. Of course, there are people who think they can get $13k for a hacked up ‘81 with a Kahler…
rickrock999 Posted October 12, 2022 Posted October 12, 2022 He put it back up for $3500 (after listing it for $2500 https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/msg/7542504350.html
RobB Posted October 12, 2022 Posted October 12, 2022 8 hours ago, rickrock999 said: He put it back up for $3500 (after listing it for $2500 https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/msg/7542504350.html Oh, Rob! Do you EVER get tired of winning?
kizanski Posted October 12, 2022 Posted October 12, 2022 1 hour ago, RobB said: Oh, Rob! Do you EVER get tired of winning? A real winner would have snagged it for $2500 before the seller knew what was up!
RobB Posted October 12, 2022 Posted October 12, 2022 2 minutes ago, kizanski said: A real winner would have snagged it for $2500 before the seller knew what was up! RT airfare to Ontario: $215.00 2 Days lodging/food: $300 Shipping to Oakland: $120.00 Work hours wages lost: $900.00 Hamer Standard: $2500.00 ———————————— $4035.00 A bargain, seemingly…
kizanski Posted October 12, 2022 Posted October 12, 2022 7 minutes ago, RobB said: RT airfare to Ontario: $215.00 2 Days lodging/food: $300 Shipping to Oakland: $120.00 Work hours wages lost: $900.00 Hamer Standard: $2500.00 ———————————— $4035.00 A bargain, seemingly… A real winner would have lived closer to the seller! lol - I can do this all day. i work from home.
Armitage Posted October 12, 2022 Posted October 12, 2022 My best playing, best sounding Hamer is a Standard with dots... just say'n
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.