Hbom Posted January 19, 2023 Posted January 19, 2023 Was all set to make another foolish mistake this morning, till I saw the "Shipping is to the continental US only." sign. So someone from the fortunate 48 please buy it quick so I can stop crying and move on. Don't remember seeing one before. Hamer USA Double Cut-Away Korina-Bodied Custom Build Rare H/S/S w/ Dimarzio's 2007 w/OHSC | Reverb
DaveL Posted January 19, 2023 Posted January 19, 2023 I think the reason people put that not because they are discriminating but rather they don’t want to ship to Alaska based on fixed rated shipping. Why don’t you email him and ask if he could quote you a price for shipping to Alaska.
jujisque Posted January 19, 2023 Posted January 19, 2023 I was just looking at this one too. Really unique guitar that I haven't seen before. If they refuse to ship to Alaska, someone on here may be willing to be a go between ...
Hbom Posted January 19, 2023 Author Posted January 19, 2023 12 minutes ago, DaveL said: I think the reason people put that not because they are discriminating but rather they don’t want to ship to Alaska based on fixed rated shipping. Why don’t you email him and ask if he could quote you a price for shipping to Alaska. 10 minutes ago, jujisque said: I was just looking at this one too. Really unique guitar that I haven't seen before. If they refuse to ship to Alaska, someone on here may be willing to be a go between ... Thanks guys. But truth is I use that "won't ship to Alaska" to keep the pile down. It is unusual. And I am tempted, but i think that one should be in younger more functional hands. You know. Someone who can actually play guitar! 😏
Stike Posted January 19, 2023 Posted January 19, 2023 I have no recollection of ever seeing that one posted here before. Most folks shared their custom orders on the HFC.
jer_vic Posted January 19, 2023 Posted January 19, 2023 Ad says: "A helpful Reverb user sent a link showing this is likely a 2007." Isn't it a '97?
Hbom Posted January 19, 2023 Author Posted January 19, 2023 4 minutes ago, jer_vic said: Ad says: "A helpful Reverb user sent a link showing this is likely a 2007." Isn't it a '97? Looks like it is. Good catch.
Hbom Posted January 19, 2023 Author Posted January 19, 2023 If I was younger, smarter, and had a bit more in my pocket today, I would buy that guitar. Then I'd fly to Minneapolis Saturday morning February 11 and pick it up. Then I'd find my way to the 4-3-2-1 Club for the Frozen Jam 2023 Saturday night and prove to you all that I don't deserve a great guitar like that. But I'm not, and don't. So I won't. Sure would be fun though.
Hamer95USA Posted January 19, 2023 Posted January 19, 2023 That's a really nice custom order Studio Korina guitar with binding & crown inlays, but I don't like the S/S/H pickup configuration. I've also never seen one like that before, but I'm sure that whoever buys it will have an awesome sounding/playing guitar.
atomicwash Posted January 19, 2023 Posted January 19, 2023 The seller is gonna have an issue shipping a guitar for $25. 😳
BruceM Posted January 19, 2023 Posted January 19, 2023 1 hour ago, Hbom said: If I was younger, smarter, and had a bit more in my pocket today, I would buy that guitar. Then I'd fly to Minneapolis Saturday morning February 11 and pick it up. Then I'd find my way to the 4-3-2-1 Club for the Frozen Jam 2023 Saturday night and prove to you all that I don't deserve a great guitar like that. But I'm not, and don't. So I won't. Sure would be fun though. EVERYONE deserves a guitar like that, and deserves to hear what it sounds like in the hands of the 4-3-2-1 Club regulars. I've got a spare bedroom. Come on down!
Carl.B Posted January 19, 2023 Posted January 19, 2023 3 hours ago, DaveL said: I think the reason people put that not because they are discriminating but rather they don’t want to ship to Alaska based on fixed rated shipping. Why don’t you email him and ask if he could quote you a price for shipping to Alaska. Did you buy a speaker from the seller? I was just looking thru his review's when I saw this one. Celestion Rola 80s G12-30 12" Guitar Speaker 8 Ohms T3317 Dave L. – Nov 27th, 2022 X L NT!
tweed Posted January 19, 2023 Posted January 19, 2023 I remember this guitar! Someone posted a few pics by Thunder Road Guitars a while back and this was one of them.
DaveL Posted January 19, 2023 Posted January 19, 2023 1 hour ago, Carl.B said: Did you buy a speaker from the seller? I was just looking thru his review's when I saw this one. Celestion Rola 80s G12-30 12" Guitar Speaker 8 Ohms T3317 Dave L. – Nov 27th, 2022 X L NT! Hi. No, not me
Hbom Posted January 20, 2023 Author Posted January 20, 2023 7 hours ago, BruceM said: EVERYONE deserves a guitar like that, and deserves to hear what it sounds like in the hands of the 4-3-2-1 Club regulars. I've got a spare bedroom. Come on down! Thanks Bruce. Sounds like it will be fun. But if I were to get out of Alaska in the winter, I'll be looking at sunshine and a beach full of almost naked women. And the only things frozen will be clinking in my glass.
burningyen Posted January 20, 2023 Posted January 20, 2023 13 hours ago, tweed said: I remember this guitar! Someone posted a few pics by Thunder Road Guitars a while back and this was one of them. Good memory: https://www.gbase.com/gear/hamer-archtop-1997-korina?utm_source=syndication&utm_medium=rss&utm_term=hamer-archtop-1997-korina&utm_content=6719877&utm_campaign=thunder-road-guitars
Drew816 Posted January 20, 2023 Posted January 20, 2023 Wow, I mean, stunned... That is amazing. If I knock off three liquor stores this week maybe, JUST maybe... What are the necks like on this era? 0.85 to 0.95 or thereabouts?
butcher Posted January 20, 2023 Posted January 20, 2023 Looks like a one piece body and, unless superbly matched grain, a one piece neck. (Other than the headstock wings).
burningyen Posted January 20, 2023 Posted January 20, 2023 1 hour ago, butcher said: Looks like a one piece body and, unless superbly matched grain, a one piece neck. (Other than the headstock wings). I think it's a 3-piece based on the color changes towards the heel.
Travis Posted January 20, 2023 Posted January 20, 2023 16 minutes ago, burningyen said: I think it's a 3-piece based on the color changes towards the heel. Definitely a 3-piece neck. The color change is more evident to me at the headstock.
Hbom Posted January 20, 2023 Author Posted January 20, 2023 Still there. Didn't pass the 24-hour rule. I'm safe. I'm a sucker for Korina Hamers and that one is pretty nice. It's unusual, good condition and checks most of the boxes. But, as interesting as it is, I can't wrap my head around 3 pickups controlled with a toggle switch and 3 knobs. I'm sure it works, just don't know how. And I can't play worth a sht so I'm leaving it to one of you.
tweed Posted January 20, 2023 Posted January 20, 2023 I'll take a wild guess at it. Neck, first position. Neck & Middle in second position, both on the first volume knob. Bridge on the second volume knob at third position, all on a Master Tone knob.
ib2010 Posted January 20, 2023 Posted January 20, 2023 It’s certainly interesting, and from an era of fine Korina.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.