Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 09/23/2026 in all areas

  1. Hi everyone, not really about Hamer Guitars, but I believe could be useful for community: I play guitar at home, and over the years I ended up with the usual mess: backing tracks in one folder, tabs in another, half of it sitting in Downloads as yt-dl-2019.mp3 — and I was supposed to remember where the solo starts. Every "let's play this one" turned into a hunt for the pieces, so eventually I gave up and spent a few years playing along to YouTube: open a backing track video, find the tab by eye, wait for the solo to come around. At some point it was easier to just build the thing. (I liked Line 6 GearBox back in the day, and they killed it.) So I made an app that keeps all of it in one place, and I'm giving it away free. What works today — macOS 14+, Apple Silicon and Intel, English/Russian/German: https://jamcrate.app Drop in a folder of your own music — it sorts itself into artists and songs, and pairs a tab with a track when the names match. Everything stays on your Mac. Missing a backing track? Alt+Cmd+Y, paste a link, and the audio lands in your library with everything else. Keep only what you have the right to keep. Tabs, lyrics, chords and Guitar Pro 3–5 open right next to the track — the fretboard grid is rendered by the app, not shown as an image. Alt-click the waveform (or hit M where you are) to mark a solo, then loop just that part instead of the whole song. Tempo down to 0.5x without changing pitch. Setlists play straight through and change songs on their own. Open a set on your phone: the Phone window shows a QR code, you scan it on the same Wi-Fi, and the set plays from the phone with the audio streamed from your Mac — solo loops and transport included. You can also keep an offline copy of a set on the phone, for when the Mac isn't there. The music never leaves your network. Links and notes per song, search across the library, and a one-button backup of the whole collection.
    5 points
  2. I have been taking care of Davy Knowles' guitars and at a recent show I brought my 59 TV for him to play. He asked me if I had an amp in the van. I had my trusty old bulletproof Tech21 Trademark60. He told me to bring it in that we would jam and I assumed this would be before the show. I was wrong… It was during the show. For your entertainment pleasure, here is the head cutting section at the end of the song…
    4 points
  3. Who's that guy playing with Greg?
    4 points
  4. You say it's got 23 frets? I can't tell if that's one less or one more than I should expect.
    3 points
  5. https://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid I had an orange one (which wouldn't have sounded as good), and it was a great 'cheap' guitar. The pickups have this awesome greasiness to them and the individual pickup switches offer a great variety. Seriously killer bang-for-the-buck. 👍👍👍
    2 points
  6. One has to wonder why the hardware was not salvaged. The bridges, pickups, tuners, pots, etc. had a value greater than the cost of labor to remove them.
    2 points
  7. I saw Tool several years ago, maybe 2019? Almost the last row upper balcony, and the sound was perfect, which I couldn't believe! Good band to see from nosebleed seats, as there's not much to watch on their dark stage, but the animations that Adam comes up with fit the music perfectly. Great band, especially the Ænema album.
    2 points
  8. My favorites are the Wildwood outtake compilations.
    2 points
  9. Arguably the best Leonard Pinth-Garnell review was in '78 for "Bad Red Chinese Ballet" and its "subtle allusion to Yankee imperialism" as previewed by Leonard (that quote may be paraphrased, as the clip is hard to find). Big yocks that were generated by visual schtick only.
    2 points
  10. All 23 of which would burn quite nicely if placed in a neat pile along with 10 or so identical specimens, doused with a quart or two of Coleman camp stove fuel and sparked by a blue tip match ricocheted off the zipper of my 501’s.
    2 points
  11. Anyone have this amp or have used it? A used head with 1x12 can is available locally. At 15W (2xEL84s) it can be cranked a bit in lots of places. We mic our amps so not an issue if we play outside or a bigger venue. An interesting feature the Thick switch on the Bright (normal) channel that removes the tone stack for more gain. The foot switchable Girth channel has higher gain. The price seems good if the tone and performance are there.
    1 point
  12. Same here. Every now and then I turn it off and wonder why I did that.
    1 point
  13. 1 point
  14. I had a Night Train 15. Not the G2. I loved the amp. It came with Chinese tubes, I think. Either that or Sovtek. Either way it was nice and sparkly. It made an electric acoustic (piezo) sound really chimey. I changed tubes in it pretty often which is why I can't remember what it came with stock. I changed all the tubes (4 total) to JJ at one time which dramatically changed the tone. Sounded more Marshally with the JJ and the acoustic electric didn't sound quite so nice. I continued changing tubes and ended up with the Sovtek tubes and I think I replaced one preamp tube with a 12at7. But, that thing had crazy heavy iron in it. When I bought it I was also looking at an Orange head that was next to it at GC. I reached across the shelf at arms length and picked up the Orange like a paperweight. Looked at it and put it back. Then I reached for the NT and couldn't pick it up with my arm extended like that. I thought they may have attached it to the shelf. It was really heavy. The shortcomings for the original amp are exactly what the G2 may have addressed. The original didn't have a foot switch, FX loop, reverb, etc. The switch to remove the tone stack really increases gain. The original also had a switch for pentode / triode mode which changed the tone and reduced wattage to 7 or so. I would imagine that is part of the dark mode in the G2 and just labeled differently. I really liked the NT I had and thought the lunchbox form factor was cool. The G2 seems like everything I didn't like about the original is taken care of.
    1 point
  15. Fair — the post reads like a spec sheet, that's my fault. Here's the short version. It's a player for backing tracks: slow down, loop a part, mark the sections. What's different is that it isn't one project per song. Your whole collection is the project — every track in it can carry its own tab, its own notes and its own markers, so playing one is a click instead of opening a file and waiting for it to load. And it all sits on your disk: no cloud, no account, nothing to sign into. Video is coming — 30 seconds of the whole thing: the messy folder, drag it in, search, play, loop the solo. Are you on a Mac? That's the one thing I can't tell from here.
    1 point
  16. I am so lo tech I can only barely comprehend what this is and how to use it, but it seems incredibly cool! Do you have a video of you using it?
    1 point
  17. Yeah, he's just a 'regular' guy.
    1 point
  18. 1 point
  19. Fine HFC member selling it. Go for it!
    1 point
  20. Hamer USA Vintage Sunburst, 1979 with Hamer case | Reverb Vintage 1979 Hamer USA Sunburst dot neck trans red with Hamer case. Tuners replaced. Frets minimal playwear. Newer switchcraft input jack, just as same as oem. Original DiMarzio pickups, pickup mounting rings and related hardware. DiMarzio pots, 1377832, stock cpa parts except for the input jack already mentioned. Big ole slab Honduras Mahogany body, neck. Many Chips, dents, scrapes, finish checking. No breaks. 9.5 lbs. Cleaned up, setup with D'Addario Xl's.
    1 point
  21. in Philadelphia it’s worth $350 bucks. 😄 yeah good deal, been eyeing that one but I said no incoming this year. Unless I built it.
    1 point
  22. One surname: Shatner
    1 point
  23. I bought it but who knows if it shows up.I
    1 point
  24. Turn off the sound, and just appreciate how cool Page looks.
    1 point
  25. One of the top ten shows I ever saw was Tool on the Ænema tour. 97? Mid-Hudson Civic center with the Melvins opening (easily top five worst live bands ime lol). Dramatic without being theatrical, precision without sterility, muscular while totally musical. I would love to relive that show.
    1 point
  26. I hadn't known I wanted this guitar and wasn't aware it existed, but when I saw this ad earlier this week I decided to act quickly. The guitar arrived safely this evening and is in brand new condition. Dave called it "special." It sure is, and is equally beautiful. Immaculate is also an apt description, and Dave's handling of the entire process sets the standard for prompt professionalism. New strings, no fingerprints, nothing other than a perfect (ok, special) guitar. It arrived this evening packed beautifully in a box-within-a box, cushioned to withstand the most careless baggage handler at any airport or on any truck, or any rainstorm between here and there. If you are wondering whether his other descriptions are accurate, stop. Everything with this guitar is "as described," including the first fret inlay, which doesn't bother me a bit - sorry Chris. I couldn't be more pleased with every aspect of this transaction or with the guitar. Thanks Dave. Best, Bill
    1 point
×
×
  • Create New...