Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Delusions of grandeur, caught on video

MCChris

No amp fires here, but definately some Zoolander going on...starting at .30 and then more at .47 :P

At least Vai has a plethora of talent and creativity to back up the goofy faces. That first clown had zilch.

Sadly, I don't think it's a gag.

I think the guy believes he actually looks/sounds like a serious player in those videos.

(Hint to "that guy"...you're not!)

If he's not doing it all as a joke, that's pretty sad.

That's a pretty sweet basement/garage he's got going with the fog machine and 100 watt lamps. I think he left the door open behind the amps though and it obviously affected his tone. The scalloped frets combined with the columbine black trenchcoat really contributed to the seriousness. And the delay, wow. What a very inventive use. Never would have thought to leave it on for all 4 minutes. A genius!!!!!

+1. Really unimpressive. Vanity Project Deluxe.

• 9 months later...

This is a gag, right? I mean, I'm all for folks expressing themselves and getting off on whatever they choose to practice as a discipline, but it has to be done without injuring others.

That was painful. Like the bikers who rip around with loud pipes and behave like dicks, giving all motorcyclists a bad name this does the same for guitar players. Has to be a gag. Right?!?

Sadly, I don't think it's a gag.

I think the guy believes he actually looks/sounds like a serious player in those videos.

(Hint to "that guy"...you're not!)

If he's not doing it all as a joke, that's pretty sad.

Seems like a combination of meth and hemorrhoidal flair up to me, but not being an expert on either, it's only a guess.

I first thought it was staged in his Mom's basement, but the size of the "venue" leads me to believe it was staged in his buddy's bay at Jiffy Lube after hours.

That was a parody, right?

Archived