Hamer Fan Club Message Center

At Budokan aired in the car ... didn't know it was that good.

gorch

Sometime at the end of last year I had decided for myself to dig my good old CDs for a while rather than buying new ones - except the new VH. So, I started to select on a 4-set basis for the car and swapped a couple of sets since. Currently, I have the new VH (our little son loves Tattoo and Stay Frosty), The Sweet - Sweet FA, Whitesnake - 1987, and Cheap Trick - At Budokan going.

Especially the latter I can't date back when I have heard it last. It must be a decade. Listening to Budokan, it turned out to me that I have lost all teenage emotion on it and listen to it from a distance. Meaning, I started to rediscover the record from zero.

Actually, I must say I did not remember it was that good. I really like that teenage Japanese crying in between. There is a good reason Budokan made a career for Cheap Trick.

Buy the dvd.

There's a DVD?

My brother (one year older) and I grew up on the record. We were 10 and 11. Though I'm a lousy drummer, I can perfectly air-drum Ben-E's intro to "Ain't That a Shame."

Hooked up to the full length Double CD in the car. That's even better. Oughta look out for the DVD though.

... forgot to mention that I pulled VH for CT.

A great rock and roll record.

For me, a pivotal and era-defining record. That bit of vinyl (along with a few others) will forever personify my early teen years.

A great rock and roll record.

For me, a pivotal and era-defining record. That bit of vinyl (along with a few others) will forever personify my early teen years.

+1! I really liked the Neat-O booklet that originally came with it, too. It was as big as the album!

+1! I really liked the Neat-O booklet that originally came with it, too. It was as big as the album!

With the misspelled lyrics: "Ain't that a sham. You're the one to blam."

I completely understand what you're doing.

Love the Whitesnake '87 with Jonny Sykes on guitar. Coverdale lives in Lake Tahoe (Nevada side, of course!) and I often see him and his family shopping on Sundays at the Whole Foods ("whole paychecks") Market in Reno. Once, I shouted, "yo, Coverdale you should've never fired Jonny Sykes!" He retorted, "Jonny-boy wanted to be half-owner of Whitesnake, and that ain't happin'!"

I've got Van Halen I and II in the car and explain this type of music as "cock-rock" from the late 70s. Pure metal guitar in punk rock length songs! The freshman high school son digs it. the younger girls don't get it...yet.

Got the Lap of Luxury from the Trick going and my 7th grader loves the Flame, so I've started to learn and play that tune. Great comeback song and decent songs.

Also, in the car: Hendrix "Experience", White Stripes "Elephant", Oasis "Greatest Hits", and Iron Maiden "Powerslave" and Jeff Beck 2003 release....

Kilroy

I completely understand what you're doing.

Love the Whitesnake '87 with Jonny Sykes on guitar. Coverdale lives in Lake Tahoe (Nevada side, of course!) and I often see him and his family shopping on Sundays at the Whole Foods ("whole paychecks") Market in Reno. Once, I shouted, "yo, Coverdale you should've never fired Jonny Sykes!" He retorted, "Jonny-boy wanted to be half-owner of Whitesnake, and that ain't happin'!"

I've got Van Halen I and II in the car and explain this type of music as "cock-rock" from the late 70s. Pure metal guitar in punk rock length songs! The freshman high school son digs it. the younger girls don't get it...yet.

Got the Lap of Luxury from the Trick going and my 7th grader loves the Flame, so I've started to learn and play that tune. Great comeback song and decent songs.

Also, in the car: Hendrix "Experience", White Stripes "Elephant", Oasis "Greatest Hits", and Iron Maiden "Powerslave" and Jeff Beck 2003 release....

Kilroy

Great! The pulled VH went to my 8 year old straight due to Tattoo! and frostiness. We talk '1' and '11' for the song positions instead of the titles. :)

Iron Maiden reminds me that I miss the first 2 albums on CD, IM and Killers. The 2 I love the most.

Iron Maiden reminds me that I miss the first 2 albums on CD, IM and Killers. The 2 I love the most.

me too. those along w/ moving pictures & signals remind me of my teen years the most.

The Sweet - Sweet FA, I remember buying this on cassette tape when I was in my Teens, one of the albums that turned me on to rock music.

Yeah, it's really cool. At my surprise, I loved the A side of the record at teen age and like the B side more today.

"At Budokan" made me graduate from Kiss and Ted Nugent. Almost immediately, I discovered Van Halen.

Currently have VH 1, 2, WACF and Fair Warning in the car. Driving to the Shore on Sat am (3+ hours alone with music), I thought to myself that VH2 is way underrated as one of the best VH LPs. Drums on "Outta Love Again" kick so much ass. Eddie really runs the entire spectrum on that one too.

"At Budokan" made me graduate from Kiss and Ted Nugent. Almost immediately, I discovered Van Halen.

Currently have VH 1, 2, WACF and Fair Warning in the car. Driving to the Shore on Sat am (3+ hours alone with music), I thought to myself that VH2 is way underrated as one of the best VH LPs. Drums on "Outta Love Again" kick so much ass. Eddie really runs the entire spectrum on that one too.

Yup, VHII is my fav... right next to 1984. The funk/punk on steroids drums on Outta Love Again groove hard, I mean real hard.

VHII is a love of mine too. It's my hidden gem when it comes to select from the early records.

Just adding that the 2nd from Judas Priest is another 2nd gem for me. The same with Queen II. I'm just thinking if there are more 2nd gems?

Archived