Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What's Spinnin' ..

Spun Steely Dan's 1980 Gaucho on vinyl last evening while I was cooking burgers for the family.

416S1539RNL._AC_US218_.jpg

I love the whole album, but the opening track, "Babylon Sisters" is just all kinds of good.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

Wow!  Few people could pull off a Steve Morse Band cover. 

Indeed.................Lane was chops ahead of just about anyone I can think of.  Morse was a admirer of Shawn as Shawn was obviously of Steve If you can play that song your way out in front on guitar. Sadly Lane's health took him at a early age.............for sheer speed of execution and the complexness of what he played I don't anyone could match him then or now............IMHO.Steve Ebe is tearing it up on drums on  this also, what a powerhouse

Edited by ARM OF HAMER
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, The Shark said:

I've been listening to a mix of Sonny Landreth on YouTube at the office most nights lately.  He's so good.

Then you need to pick up this recording. Derek Trucks was just 15, and he gives Sonny Landreth a run for his money.

91jVBuDrpRL._SX425_.jpg

• Like 1

The Hoodoo Gurus... Mars needs Guitars.    only I would keep hitting replay after the 1st song

Bittersweet,  as perfect a three chord power pop song as you could ask for.

was painting all weekend, and gf had on iheart 70's music,  the soft rock classics

of the mid to late 70's was hard to take after a while...  Thank you Eddie Van Halen

and David Lee Roth for livening things up!   .  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

I will be seeing The Zombies in Atlanta, so this is what is playing in my office today. 

I saw them twice, once with Chris White, the show was great! They signed all my Zombie promo 45's, super nice, you'll have a blast.