Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The Artist Now Known as Dickhead

Ah, you guys are bitching about Prince dicking up an Epi? Shit, think about that fucker who keeps routing vintage Hamers for Kah-....

Um, never mind... :)

And on that note, vintage Hamer double neck for sale in the FS section. Hope someone snags it before I lend it to his Purple Majesty... or worse...

If you like his music you excuse much of his BS.

If you don't, you rip him a new one.

That sums up 95% of the posts. I am in the 1st group, but respect either. Purple Rain, although now a little dated, has more substance than a lot of good artists careers.

Unless you were there early on in her career, you're tracking around whatever pollution Dennis Rodman left for the rest of your life. I think that would officially be classified as a Superfund site.

Yikes.

True, but in the real world I'm sure that's a worry I'll never have to face.

Speaking of Dennis Rodman, did I see him on the news hanging around with Bobby Lee from Mad TV the other day?

Wait...

There is a Kevin Smith story I missed?!?!?

See my earlier post.

While it's plausible that a company might want to arrange something like this as a publicity stunt, I find it highly unlikely that Prince would play along if it were suggested to him.

He's know for being rude to other guitarplayers, he was really mean to Jesse Johnson as well when he wanted to go solo in the 80's.

Here're some gaps in my awareness... Got'ny anecdotes along these lines?

He's know for being rude to other guitarplayers, he was really mean to Jesse Johnson as well when he wanted to go solo in the 80's.

Here're some gaps in my awareness... Got'ny anecdotes along these lines?

Here's the story. It's well known, Jesse has confirmed it more than once:

http://www.princevault.com/index.php/Shockadelica

"

Shockadelica was released as the b-side of If I Was Your Girlfriend, the second single from Prince's ninth albumSign O' The Times. The 12" version of the single contained the original full-length version, which was edited down for the 7" single. In 1993, the edited version was included as the tenth track on The B-Sides compilation (included as the third and final disc on The Hits / The B-Sides).

Initial tracking took place on 16 September, 1986 at Prince's Galpin Blvd Home Studio, Chanhassen, MN, USA (two days after Coco Boys) after hearing that Jesse Johnson's forthcoming album was titled Shockadelica but had no title track. Prince felt that every album with a great title should contain a title track, but it seems that the song was not intended for Jesse Johnson, and was instead more of a joke to give the impression that Jesse Johnson stole the title from Prince. Prince sent the finished song to Jesse Johnson on an audio cassette. The track was premiered on Minneapolis radio station KMOJ a couple of days after it was recorded (a few weeks before Jesse Johnson's album was released). The song was included as the fifth track on the aborted Camille album (credited to the pseudonymCamille), and Shockadelica was intended as a single to be released around the same time as the album. The track was included as the first track on the third disc as the Camille album developed into the triple-album Crystal Ball. On both albums, the track was followed directly by Good Love. Both tracks were removed when the album was eventually pared down and became Sign O' The Times.

"

He also fired Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis from The Time because the took production work for other artists. They did some songs for SOS band and got caught in a snow storm, which led to a missed gig with The Time. Prince fired them after that incident. They didn't exactly suffer though, as they continued to produce Janet Jackson and other major artists.

Cool. I wanted to find & link The Time's SNL performance, promoting their "Pandemonium" record. It was the original lineup, with Jimmy, Terry and Monte and... Y'know, I've never seen Prince live, but I don't know HOW he could've been more serious than THOSE dudes! :blink:

So apparently the latest is Prince has apologized and will pay for repairs. Some are arguing that this incident might actually increase the value of the guitar, and they have a point. Not that that excuses any of it, of course.

So apparently the latest is Prince has apologized and will pay for repairs. Some are arguing that this incident might actually increase the value of the guitar, and they have a point. Not that that excuses any of it, of course.

Show your friends your new Epiphone? Or the one destroyed by Prince that made national headlines?

this is the reason god made epiphones. They were never meant to be anything real

God made them? I thought it was the Devil who did!

Unless you were there early on in her career, you're tracking around whatever pollution Dennis Rodman left for the rest of your life. I think that would officially be classified as a Superfund site.

Yikes.

LMAO!

WTF!? Repairs? Dude should just buy one and give it to the victim. F*ck repairs!

Cool. I wanted to find & link The Time's SNL performance, promoting their "Pandemonium" record. It was the original lineup, with Jimmy, Terry and Monte and... Y'know, I've never seen Prince live, but I don't know HOW he could've been more serious than THOSE dudes! :blink:

Pandemonium is on my All Time Greatest Albums list. It's all killers, no fillers. I've seen Prince live perhaps five times, but never The Time. Would love to see them.

They released an album a year ago under the name The Original 7ven. It's actually as good, or even better, than anything Prince put out in recent years. It was released on a smaller label though, so I don't know how much it sold. Check it out. It's called Condensate. The original line up.Jesse, Monte, Terry, Jellybean, Jimmy Jam.

I met and talked to Jellybean a couple of times. Once at a GC in Roseville - he was trying out a wah pedal playing some cool blues tunes. I had no idea who he was until he introduced himself after I chatted with him. He invited me to an open jam at Bunkers. He was very cordial and unassuming. Not an ass whatsoever. The second time I ran into him at an arcade by my moms house. I was suprised to find out he lived nearby. He had a Mint Condition hat on and told me he was working on them as a new project and thought they would turn into something good. Again a really nice conversation about music and our mutual connection to it. No BS. Last I heard years ago he was scooping up Buddy Guy sig Strat models from the local store and chatting them up in the process.

I had to chuckle to myself when I heard that.

Maybe our paths will cross again. I'd enjoy that.

Break my guitar, choke on blood.

That's all.

Pretty much what I said, Greg. Glad I'm not the only one who feels this is an appropriate response. :P

That is beyond shit-house rat crazy fucked up. There is no plausible excuse for that shit. I'd have beaten the little fucker within and inch of his purple life. Jail time or not, I'd a beaten him so he'd remember the pain that comes with being a complete and utter douche bag.

Not sure what 'my favors' means in Korea, but here it's probably a bit different.

hamerhead,

As you could see my posts,, yeah my English sucks.... :P

I mean "my good feeling" I had before.

Break my guitar, choke on blood.

That's all.

Pretty much what I said, Greg. Glad I'm not the only one who feels this is an appropriate response. :P

That is beyond shit-house rat crazy fucked up. There is no plausible excuse for that shit. I'd have beaten the little fucker within and inch of his purple life. Jail time or not, I'd a beaten him so he'd remember the pain that comes with being a complete and utter douche bag.

Still, this is like nothing to what Ozzy and Sharon have done to Ozzys band members etc in the past. Taking them out of the old records on re-releases, replacing their played parts with newly recorded parts from new players, treating Jake E Lee like shit, humiliating deal offers to Bill Ward so that he refuses to be in the BS reunion etc, etc, etc.

Same with Van Halen and the Anthony thing, photoshoping him out of old record covers etc etc.

Johnny Ramone, stole Joey's girlfriend, he was also a nazi etc. Joey never forgave him. Far worse than breaking a guitar in my book.

There are lots more old rock farts out there that deserves a good hard fist in the face. Just saying....

fist_hitting_face_3.jpg

Gene Simmons & Paul Stanley totally Sharon Osbourned the other members of KISS too. Greed and blind love of self and power is an ugly thing.

Archived