triodecr Posted September 22, 2014 Posted September 22, 2014 $1200 + shipping and Paypal fees. 1325 shipped/PP CONUS This one just doesn't get any play time, so to a new home it must go! Monaco Elite Goldtop with Duncan Hot and Custom P90s. It is in very clean condition with only minor swirls on the top and very light scratches on the back. Frets are in nearly-new condition with only a hint dimples and some markings from the string wraps in the cowboy chord area. It does have what appears to be a bit of Hameritis at the neck joint. It had this when I got it and it has not changed in the nearly 2 years since. The nut appears to have been replaced with a well made bone one (no finish over the ends as there would be on a factory nut). It had Lollars in it for awhile but the stock Duncans are back in it... and they are pretty good compared to the two other set of them I've had. I've installed a set of Faber Inserts for the TOM. Knobs are replacements but originals will be in the case (one is beginning to split). Also, the stock strap bottons are back on it since I took the pictures. Comes with OHSC that is in great shape but has a few nicks here and there. I need to clear $1300 after shipping and any fees. More pics: http://s35.photobucket.com/user/gtrgui/library/Monaco%20Elite%20GT
triodecr Posted September 23, 2014 Author Posted September 23, 2014 How much does it weigh?-AustinAustin,It's 9lbs 5oz.
Montelovesco Posted September 23, 2014 Posted September 23, 2014 If I hadn't my morning coffee already now I would be awake for sure. Never had a weakness for gold tops, but maybe I rethink my positon...
cornjulio Posted September 23, 2014 Posted September 23, 2014 Awesome-o! Gold is the way to go...(besides greenburst).
Jakeboy Posted September 23, 2014 Posted September 23, 2014 Unmolested gold tops are beautiful! GLWTS!
LucSulla Posted September 23, 2014 Posted September 23, 2014 Holy shit, that is cool. Let the fact that you don't have an offer from me right now be proof of my first steps toward GAS recovery.
triodecr Posted September 24, 2014 Author Posted September 24, 2014 Thanks for the compliments. It is a cool guitar. I used to hate gold tops until I saw one of these. Owning this one changed my mind on them... at least Hamer gold tops!
ZR Posted September 24, 2014 Posted September 24, 2014 Can't afford it but it is very nice! How do the body measurements compare to a Gibson LP? If you could take a few measurements that would be great!
Michael_B Posted September 24, 2014 Posted September 24, 2014 Can anyone share what model of P90s that has? IIRC, I read that Hamer loaded SD's SP90-2s on it?
cynic Posted September 24, 2014 Posted September 24, 2014 Can anyone share what model of P90s that has? IIRC, I read that Hamer loaded SD's SP90-2s on it? It's in the OP "Monaco Elite Goldtop with Duncan Hot and Custom P90s." Links added to make it more easier for ya
Michael_B Posted September 24, 2014 Posted September 24, 2014 Grassy ass. My bad.Edited: Thanks for the link.
teleman Posted September 27, 2014 Posted September 27, 2014 PM sent.Had one of these several years ago.Regret selling it.
LucSulla Posted October 6, 2014 Posted October 6, 2014 If I land this job, I am going to be very, very tempted by this.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.