hamerhead Posted March 22, 2019 Posted March 22, 2019 Got this from Dave's Madison store back in October after Crunchee posted a heads-up: Stupid clean, bigger side of medium C neck, minimal fret wear - just a really nice clean guitar. Dave's pictures: My pictures: Dave's pictures are a little more carmel-colored, mine are a tic more red/orange. The real color is somewhere in-between and amazing in person. If there wasn't something brewing, I'd keep it. No dents/dings/biffs. Comes with the OHSC in equally great condition. SOLD! $1100.00/shipped CONUS.
Dutchman Posted March 23, 2019 Posted March 23, 2019 I just traded for it’s twin. Exchange to go down on tuesday. That’s a great price!!
Dave Scepter Posted March 23, 2019 Posted March 23, 2019 6 hours ago, hamerhead said: Stupid clean, bigger side of medium C neck, minimal fret wear - just a really nice clean guitar. That's super nice!.. install some SD Antiquities or Seth lovers and you'll be the coolest kid in town!
Pieman Posted March 23, 2019 Posted March 23, 2019 That's what I paid for one 15 years ago. Looks good.
hamerhead Posted March 23, 2019 Author Posted March 23, 2019 20 years ago they were $250. 2 hours ago, Pieman said: That's what I paid for one 15 years ago. Looks good. So is my price OK? Serious question, because I asked what Dave was asking, thinking it wasn't out of line. ETA: Plus, it's got my mojo on it, which makes it worth waaaay more.
Marvelicious Posted March 23, 2019 Posted March 23, 2019 Definitely a sexy machine! Price seems reasonable to me... close to what I just paid for my Korina...
rugby1970 Posted March 23, 2019 Posted March 23, 2019 4 hours ago, hamerhead said: 20 years ago they were $250. So is my price OK? Serious question, because I asked what Dave was asking, thinking it wasn't out of line. ETA: Plus, it's got my mojo on it, which makes it worth waaaay more. Yeah, and I'm not so young, gifted and Irish and I still can't sell my guitars! Seriously, if my three guitars would sell I'd buy at least two here (this and Arnie's T-51) plus a mystery guitar that's offered to me.
hamerhead Posted March 25, 2019 Author Posted March 25, 2019 On 3/22/2019 at 10:27 PM, Dave Scepter said: That's super nice!.. install some SD Antiquities or Seth lovers and you'll be the coolest kid in town! Antiquities would be killer in it.
hamerhead Posted March 29, 2019 Author Posted March 29, 2019 An I-dropped-it-by-$50 bump. C'mon - help out a starving musician.
hamerhead Posted April 5, 2019 Author Posted April 5, 2019 A 'you-know-you-want-it' bump. ....growling stomach......
bubs_42 Posted April 5, 2019 Posted April 5, 2019 On 3/29/2019 at 3:39 PM, hamerhead said: An I-dropped-it-by-$50 bump. C'mon - help out a starving musician. PFF, your a Machinist with a Mustang in the garage and gear horded in the basement. Your not starving because your a musician, your starving because you can't face your issues.
hamerhead Posted April 5, 2019 Author Posted April 5, 2019 Oh just throw that up in my face why don't you. Besides, do you know what machinists make?!? And that's an oooold Mustang anyways. And my basement isn't even full.
Hbom Posted April 5, 2019 Posted April 5, 2019 1 hour ago, hamerhead said: do you know what machinists make? Just about everything we use. And I try to thank you guys whenever I can.
Never2Late Posted April 22, 2019 Posted April 22, 2019 BCR-Burst. I have a Studio in the same finish-tone. Uncle Greg ginned this up way-back.
Marvelicious Posted April 22, 2019 Posted April 22, 2019 On 4/5/2019 at 7:03 AM, hamerhead said: ...Besides, do you know what machinists make?!? Not as much as they should... Just like everyone else in this country who isn't in finance, law or medicine!
ArnieZ Posted April 22, 2019 Posted April 22, 2019 32 minutes ago, Marvelicious said: Not as much as they should... Just like everyone else in this country who isn't in finance, law or medicine! Not so sure about medicine ArnieZ
a.bandini Posted April 22, 2019 Posted April 22, 2019 That's a very fair price on a lovely (loverly) guitar. I'd love to have it here, but unfortunately, that can't be. Good luck selling it!
bubs_42 Posted April 23, 2019 Posted April 23, 2019 I think you should ask more, then maybe it will sell. Now we'll get the Cork Sniffers on board! Every week this thing goes UP!
Studio Custom Posted April 23, 2019 Posted April 23, 2019 On 3/22/2019 at 4:33 PM, hamerhead said: $12,000/shipped CONUS. Yeah, 12k sounds reasonable.
Marvelicious Posted April 23, 2019 Posted April 23, 2019 17 hours ago, ArnieZ said: Not so sure about medicine ArnieZ Well, depends what end of it you're on... I'm sure there are people in law and finance that are underpaid as well... Those industries just seem to soak up the majority of the gdp.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.