Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Four digit sustain block standard

24 frets would likely be an ‘84.  Definitely not ‘70s.

Uh...it's a 1984 4-Digit.  The production number sequence posted has nothing to do with that guitar.

The seller, Chris has unbelievably nice, rare  and pricey guitars for sale - a shit ton of them (or at least at one time had).  He has 104 other guitars for sale right now on evilbay and from the looks of his account history, he'll move most of that inventory over the next year.

His shit is usually tidy and without issues.  Pricey, but without issues.   :)

I purchased a guitar from Chris a few months ago. Guitar was perfect and was shipped (incredibly well-packed) in a new, U-Line box. Got no dog in this hunt but I had a good buyer's experience, anyway.

3 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Uh...it's a 1984 4-Digit.  The production number sequence posted has nothing to do with that guitar.

0491 suggest 1981. Using my peculiar powers of sustain-block divination, I would say that bridge was also 1981. Twenty-four frets is quite mystery, but it must have been a special request on a custom order. By the way, a 1981 prototype of the Prototype also had the full two dozen.

A 4-digit with a Sustianblock would be a holy grail. But I just hate 24 fret guitars. So that is a deal breaker. But that price ain't bad actually, someone jump at it!

Who breaks a toggle switch tip, must have been one hell of a gig!

And it has a Dimarzio JB. Those are so rare.....

4 hours ago, Disturber said:

A 4-digit with a Sustianblock would be a holy grail. But I just hate 24 fret guitars. So that is a deal breaker.

Sounds like a good excuse to not be able to come up with five grand, but I'm right there with you.
When I saw the 24 frets, I immediately thought, "Whew... I almost had to buy that."

1 hour ago, hamerhead said:

OK, what's wrong with 24 frets?

On the rare occasion that I plug my electric guitars into an amplifier, I use the neck pickup most of the time. 

Most guitars have the bobbin centered under the harmonic, which is where a 24th fret would be.  Moving the pickup closer to the bridge and off of the harmonic changes its sound.  

Also it looks kinda funny.  

1 hour ago, Dave Scepter said:

Somebody seriously needs to buy this as I'm starting to feel weak, walking around the house, taking inventory of all the loose toys laying around to justify buying this 😓

My thoughts exactly. When I first saw the listing, I thought it would be gone before the morning.

14 hours ago, Disturber said:

Who breaks a toggle switch tip, 

I've done it on a old guitar by over tightening the brittle aged tip putting it back on... then gluing it back on only to find it missing years later :unsure:

2 hours ago, kizanski said:

On the rare occasion that I plug my electric guitars into an amplifier, I use the neck pickup most of the time. 

Most guitars have the bobbin centered under the harmonic, which is where a 24th fret would be.  Moving the pickup closer to the bridge and off of the harmonic changes its sound.  

Also it looks kinda funny.  

Jesus now that's a physic answer if I ever heard one.... Are you going to now tell us that you can hear the different between duracell vs. an everready 9 volt battery.  :lol::lol:

44 minutes ago, HamStd said:

Are you going to now tell us that you can hear the different between duracell vs. an everready 9 volt battery.

When jammed in my ears or...?

3 hours ago, HamStd said:

Jesus now that's a physic answer if I ever heard one.... Are you going to now tell us that you can hear the different between duracell vs. an everready 9 volt battery.  :lol::lol:

2 hours ago, kizanski said:

When jammed in my ears or...?

When this issue came up several years ago, we actually had a thread with multiple recordings with both 22 & 24 fret guitars, a blind listening test of sorts. Most of us were able to tell the difference and picked correctly the 24 fret guitar. The thread somehow managed to go downhill and imploded somewhere in the universe. If you find it, you may only see “.......”

On 6/11/2019 at 7:31 PM, Boomerang~Junkie said:

That's a forum member's evilbay account.

Would it be possible to know who that is? I've purchased quite a few guitars from him in the past.

On 6/12/2019 at 5:05 AM, Disturber said:

A 4-digit with a Sustianblock would be a holy grail. But I just hate 24 fret guitars. So that is a deal breaker. But that price ain't bad actually, someone jump at it!

The thing is, had it been a 22-fret four-digit, the price would have been higher to compensate. This seller knows his stuff.

Archived