Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. I bought a USA Hamer from a shop in Ottowa earlier this year, shipped to the southern US. The experience was no different from dealing with a shop within the US. It was nothin' fancy, no exotic woods, so that stuff never crossed my mind and wasn't raised by the shop, which handled any paperwork involved.
  3. I recently got to use my old small PA: my daughter was singing/playing guitar at a wedding (2 songs, so fun to be able to help! and she sounded great, several attendees told us after that they realized partway through that it wasn't recorded music). My old speakers are Wharfedale Pro LA-15s, which are a lot like all the other stand/pole mounted powered speakers with a 15. I remember talking about them here when I got them, probably 20-25 years ago! I still like how they sound and they are loud enough, but at 60+ pounds each I'm thinking maybe I'm getting a bit old to be hauling them up and down to stairs to my basement. A few days ago I found a near-new pair of Mackie Thump215 for a very good price, I think they will be fine, and they are really light, I realized I was carrying one down my stairs easily with one hand, claimed weight is a bit over 30 pounds each. I was hoping to find QSC or EV, but these Mackies were too good to pass up. Just this afternoon I saw a Behringer powered sub, 15" speaker (b1500 Pro iirc), very clean and tagged at $200, which was a very tempting price, but heavy!, I did not buy. Published weight is about 95 pounds. I don't really need a subwoofer and I certainly don't need a 95 pound subwoofer! It looks like the newer Class D powered subs are also very light, - pretty neat stuff! Are you guys using the newer lightweight powered PA gear?
  4. Today
  5. You OK, Ricky? Haven't heard from you in a while.
  6. Sorry, but I needed the saddles as spareparts for several sustain block bridges to keep them in original working condition. And the price ( EUR 30,00) was, in my opinion, very reasonable.
  7. Until I make a decision I'm experimenting with a spare MXR Timmy as a clean boost in front of my EH Soul Food. Gain adjusted to zero, clipping switch set to the middle position to maximize headroom, volume set in various places to test results. It worked pretty well last weekend.
  8. No I bought it from Willcutts.
  9. Hey y'all, Long time! I haven't shipped anything cross-border in quite a while and I intend to part with a few cool vintage Hamers. Any recent recent experiences with cross-border shipments, specifically Canada -> USA? Any extra forms to fill beside the standard description and declared value? Any BS related to tariffs, declared values, cites etc to be aware of? Thanks
  10. That was Rick's Picks in Rockford when I went. He also has (or had) a checkerboard Mini. I would bet that he's going to get 0004 if nothing else.
  11. If I could still play, I'd buy it back. It was a Holy Grail of a guitar for me and spent 16 years in my guitarsenal. When I had my Cheap Trick tribute band, I rotated through all of my 25 guitars and usually took 3-5 to my gigs. That was the ONLY guitar that went to every gig. I miss playing it terribly.
  12. That coat is a big "HELL NO!"
  13. Then there's this... https://www.juliensauctions.com/en/items/2297648/rick-nielsen-black-overcoat-peed-on-by-nikki-sixx
  14. That all hog reminds me of the all hog Tally that popped up on reverb briefly several years back. I really wish I'd have grabbed that one.
  15. Can't find anything about it, but wouldn't surprise me. Maybe it got mixed up with Pink Floyd being in a car and just deciding to not pick up Syd Barrett. That was another very strange exit, mainly because Barrett had pretty much become a space cadet by then, totally out of touch with reality.
  16. Gosh I wonder if I sold mine to you! I couldn't take the weight.heaviest guitar I ever owned. Sounded fantastic after I put Lollar P90's in it!
  17. I should put my owned and worn sweaters 4sale too. Maybe someone’s bidding on it. I bet none would do.
  18. These are great amps. I purchased the SYN-2 Rackmount 2 modules and use a Carvin Tube 100 Stereo power amp. The Soldano SLO-2 module is amazing and the Steve Vai Signature. GLWTS.
  19. They really are a great tool to have in your bag of tricks. I mainly just used them as a power amp for my rack stuff as I don't really have any big amps to tame or smaller amps to unleash..yes..they will give your little 10-20 watters some balls!!.lol!
  20. Yesterday
  21. Check Kent Armstrong's handwound offerings. Neck or side (pickguard/finger rest) mount, P90, PAF, smooth-top minihum (the original Benedetto)... He's been at it for decades, and is the first place most archtop builders look, for good reason. Made me a custom pair 25 years ago. Someday, I'll finish that guitar!
  22. It is a great guitar, that guitar looks amazing and sounds amazing.
  23. I have one of these and have found it to be the best commercially available attenuator out there…plus it does so much more. GLWTS!
  1. Load more activity
×
×
  • Create New...