Hamer Fan Club Message Center

RIP Wyldbil

wyldbil

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HI Sarah

I'm truely sorry for your loss and can only offer my deepest condolence's to you and your family.I never meet wyldbil,but his post's alway's made me chuckle and he was one in a million.

Martin and Chris.

Dear Sarah,

I see you have over 100 responses to your post, and I hope you find the time to read this one as well.

I am so sorry for your loss. Bill and I had exchanged emails a few times, and we had each turned the other on to new music on occasion. He clearly had a wonderful sense of humor, and was a good overall human being. I will certainly miss his wit and contributions to the HFC.

I can't imagine what you are going through right now, but I wish you and your family all the best, and hope your healing process is as easy as it can possibly be.

Regards - Craig

Sarah,

I am so sorry for your loss. I wish I had known Bill better. He was a true original and his contributions to this board were full of humor and insight. We will miss him very much.

Sarah,

I am sorry to hear of your loss, and no words can fill the place Bil had in the lives of many. I go back years with Bil on the HFC board(s), and sold him a couple of Hamers a few years ago. He was a delightful musician and guitar aficionado, and I now wish I had kept the pictures he sent me with the instruments I sold him.

Now I know why I felt strangely drawn to log on tonight and scan the threads.

All the best as you carry on.

Paul

To everyone,

I personally never met or knew Wyldbill. I dug his sense of humor in his postings, especially the "I smell baloney frying." That should be a patented statement like Paris Hilton saying "That's hot." I also dug the fact that he was somewhat of a metalhead as well and didn't take himself too seriously. I'm going to miss his enthusiasm, insight & jokes in his postings on here. I would like to offer my condolences to Wyldbill's family.

Guitar George

Wow, guys, I am completely overwhelmed at this generous outpouring! Thank you all so much for all the kind words and for the memories you evoked for me by sharing your wyldbil stories. It had been so long since I'd heard him say "Is that baloney I smell frying?" that I'd kinda forgotten about that turn of phrase and I laughed out loud when I read it, then laughed even harder at the picture.

And the photos that folks posted are great, too. He'd dyed his hair black for a band a couple of years ago and it was almost a shock, but in a very good way, to see him with his natural dark blonde hair again.

I've read and appreciate each post. I can't tell you how much it's meant to me to know that he had such a network of good friends out there.

thanks to all,

Sarah

Damn! I can't believe I didn't see this earlier. I feel so bad. Bill was definitely a cool guy. I bought a guitar from him once, still have it. We talked several times about me building him a custom covered shell for his 5150.

So sorry Sarah, for the loss. Prayers going up from the bayou tonight for you, your family, and friends. Jeff R and I will have to give it some hell tomorrow at a session for our recording band. We'll knock some hair off our eardrums in Bill's honor.

It really hurts hearing about such a young and colorful person leaving us. I never had the pleasure of meeting Bill, but I'll surely miss his posts.

What I respected most about him was his honest, non-sugar coated posts.

All my thoughts and prayers to you, Sarah, and your family.

Just gotta wonder what kind of crazy racket is being made up there with the stylistic combination of Wyldbil and Nightwolf <_< . Dressed To Klown The Blues!

Already posted on this saddest of all threads but I gotta add this---

Me too. Just wanna point out that if you haven't already, you should read the linked articles in the first post of this thread.

We should all be so fortunate to be written about in such a way when our time comes.

Already posted on this saddest of all threads but I gotta add this---

Me too. Just wanna point out that if you haven't already, you should read the linked articles in the first post of this thread.

We should all be so fortunate to be written about in such a way when our time comes.

I'm thinking of WB alot lately too and I will read those.

Archived